Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

7 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Ok who am I kidding..

I would rather be on a cruise, watching the endless horizon of the sea,  with my feet on the rail and a glass of champagne in my hand.

Absolutely with you on that Spins!  And while the quiet of social distancing/isolation has been therapeutic in many ways, it is now becoming a tad tedious!  My navel has been thoroughly examined by now!

21 minutes ago, mysty said:

Absolutely with you on that Spins!  And while the quiet of social distancing/isolation has been therapeutic in many ways, it is now becoming a tad tedious!  My navel has been thoroughly examined by now!

And Mysty,  my to do list keeps growing and my procrastination keeps increasing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

And Mysty,  my to do list keeps growing and my procrastination keeps increasing.

I have officially thrown out my beloved to do lists.  Pointless exercise at this point!  And I am not apologizing for it!  I am in sanity survival mode at this point.  No internal judgments on what I should or should not do!  Coasting from day to day.  Playing by the COVID restrictions while wanting to run wild and free through the streets.  Hope all are coping (maybe not the same way I am).  🙄

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Yep. Starting to watch tiktok

Yikes. I haven't gotten to that point yet. I guess there is still time!

We both had to go in to work today but should be able to work from home the rest of the week.

It has been 90+ degrees for days on end. Today the pool temp finally hit 90 degrees! It was so hot out, that it still felt refreshing for a few minutes. But I had absolutely zero desire to cook a real meal in this heat. It was so exhausting, that even ordering food and picking it up seemed like too insurmountable a burden.

So we fired up the grill and skewered a few shrimp, and threw on some asparagus that was going to go bad if we kept it any longer. And I made some tabbouleh, with loads of freshly-harvested mint and parsley from the garden.

20200623_182434.thumb.jpg.a26e4d7d46db2bbc9697de48e088e64d.jpg

Not a bad effort for a "no-meal" dinner. We had some leftover NZ Sauv Blanc to start, then opened a bottle of Rios Baixas Albarino. Cranked up the AC, and feeling somewhat better now. Or maybe it's the wine? 😉

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I don't have a "to do list" either.......the only things I know I have to do? When I have Dr's appt (tomorrow I have one).

Lois, I try to stay away from those types... 

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My to do list is almost finished!  We spread 40 yards of mulch after weeding everything. I pressure washed the whole house and pool area. I sanded and varnished the front door.  The inside of the house is cleaner than ever.  BUT I miss planning travel more than I realized.  I never knew how much time I devote to planning trips, and now we do not have one until next year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

We both had to go in to work today but should be able to work from home the rest of the week.

It has been 90+ degrees for days on end. Today the pool temp finally hit 90 degrees! It was so hot out, that it still felt refreshing for a few minutes. But I had absolutely zero desire to cook a real meal in this heat. It was so exhausting, that even ordering food and picking it up seemed like too insurmountable a burden.

So we fired up the grill and skewered a few shrimp, and threw on some asparagus that was going to go bad if we kept it any longer. And I made some tabbouleh, with loads of freshly-harvested mint and parsley from the garden.

Not a bad effort for a "no-meal" dinner. We had some leftover NZ Sauv Blanc to start, then opened a bottle of Rios Baixas Albarino. Cranked up the AC, and feeling somewhat better now. Or maybe it's the wine? 😉

Hi JP, your food always looks so good😀.....as for seeing the Dr? I have to say, in my case, they really must have helped me (thankfully).

My glucose numbers are looking good and I feel good---except for missing being on the seas.

6 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

My to do list is almost finished!  We spread 40 yards of mulch after weeding everything. I pressure washed the whole house and pool area. I sanded and varnished the front door.  The inside of the house is cleaner than ever.  BUT I miss planning travel more than I realized.  I never knew how much time I devote to planning trips, and now we do not have one until next year.

WOW....you did a lot of work!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi JP, your food always looks so good😀.....as for seeing the Dr? I have to say, in my case, they really must have helped me (thankfully).

My glucose numbers are looking good and I feel good---except for missing being on the seas.

Really glad to hear that, Lois (that you are feeling good, that is - not that you are missing cruising!). 

15 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

I think that I would be finished after all of that work... I am impressed!

And yes, there are days when I miss trip planning so badly. We spend so much time doing that - without it, I feel like I have nothing to do.

Edited by jpalbny

JP, I even started to walk every morning (before it gets too hot). Only about a mile but I know that is ok. (better than not walking).

And I am forcing myself to remember to drink water all day long......I know it is good for those kidneys and 

after what I went through? Gotta keep myself hydrated. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lois R said:

WOW....you did a lot of work!!!!!!!

We are just trying to keep up with JP and Chris!

I forgot to mention Bob is walking 8 miles almost every day in under 2 hours!  And we live in a hilly area!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Impressive!!!  Based on your above report and activities, when you can be in Central Ohio??  Soon??  We need you and can apply your skills in many ways around our home, including spreading mulch, sanding, painting, cleaning, etc., etc.  

Agree as to the fun of travel planning.  Those effortstakes serious time to do it well, but it is such a fun, exciting learning experience.  Even before doing the trip.  Love preparing by knowing the history and background for various parts of the world. 

Nice food pix from J.P.  Below is what my wife fixed for dinner tonight.  Looks nice and tasted excellent.  Wonderful dining on our screen porch with a super comfortable light breeze, things not too warm, etc.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

IMG_5235.thumb.jpeg.c3a9d85cfd7104962b8a68aeaf3553ab.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, QueSeraSera said:

Looks delicious TLC!  My night to cook tonight, won't be posting pictures of the spaghetti...😏 

Like spaghetti!!  Send some our way westward to Columbus so that I can enjoy it tomorrow for lunch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

We are just trying to keep up with JP and Chris!

I forgot to mention Bob is walking 8 miles almost every day in under 2 hours!  And we live in a hilly area!!

Well, Bob gets a really BIG WOW from me on that.....8 miles?  That is WAY out of my range.  I am just trying to

get in some basic exercise.

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Yep. Starting to watch tiktok

I Feel for you Spinns, I’ve been driven to that myself.

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Lovely meal JP. 

For the two "Comedy Classics" below, don't anyone take it "personal" about either getting old and/or having a face that is easy to forget.  I got over those challenges long ago.  Someone told me once that I have face that is perfect for radio.  

1557349751_ScreenShot2020-06-24at10_00_02AM.thumb.png.1cde96f983717a4e0f94dcc2b04e9e22.png

218755695_ScreenShot2020-06-24at9_59_44AM.thumb.png.a4d38cf44aa53ebddd22bd4f78f45d05.png

• Like 1