Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

6 hours ago, jpalbny said:

That looks yummy, QSS! Can I sign up for a Gladware container? 

We have visited the King Arthur shop in Vermont a few times. You can buy a lot there if you're not careful. 

I baked a cranberry tart today. The filling is cranberries cooked in a sugary syrup, then covered with an almond custard. I burned the edges of the crust but the rest should be ok.

20201125_171851_resized.thumb.jpg.23cfa3349117bfa313c4a607634cc40d.jpg

The almond extract in the custard came from Odessa. We bought it in a grocery store while we were on an SS Black Sea cruise. So we can pretend that we're traveling despite the pandemic.

That looks lipsmackingly rustic.  

Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbours to the South.  Even though 2020 has been a very difficult year you have much to be thankful for!  Canadians celebrated our own thanks in October.  Please enjoy your day of grace!

204300635_ThanksgivingCottonRedAreaRug.jpg.63989db7df3144826c66597206b91832.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi friends.......Mysty, thank you for the Holiday wishes.  We appreciate them. (Well, I do).

To my friends here around the country..........wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving and with all

the stuff that has happened this year, I have to say I am thankful for this group of folks......for

listening to me vent and encouraging words during so many health issues I have experienced

this year. 

Thank you all.

Red Lake Nation News wishes everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving - Red  Lake Nation News

• Like 6

Happy Thanksgiving!

I for one am very thankful for many things

1. I am alive!
  2. I have a loving husband.
  3. I am fairly healthy. (considering)
  4. I was able to cross off a bucket list item this year ..something that was on the list since I was 17!  (I was a delegate from Maryland Congressional District 6 to the National Convention in which we nominated or 46th President of the United States)
  5. I still have my humor.

May you be as thankful..

Enjoy the Day!

Joseph 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just finished making a sweet potato casserole....made my own recipe. Boiled 2 large ones

(cut up in pieces) It made everything easier to peel.  Boiled and drained then added some 

butter and sour cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and some honey and mashed them all up and put

in a small casserole dish.  I will heat it up later when I am ready for my meal.  Not doing anything much else today...well, I will eat and watch football.🙂

I will roast bone in turkey breast though........hoping it tastes good

when finished!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Just finished making a sweet potato casserole....made my own recipe. Boiled 2 large ones

(cut up in pieces) It made everything easier to peel.  Boiled and drained then added some 

butter and sour cream, nutmeg, cinnamon and some honey and mashed them all up and put

in a small casserole dish.  I will heat it up later when I am ready for my meal.  Not doing anything much else today...well, I will eat and watch football.🙂

I will roast bone in turkey breast though........hoping it tastes good

when finished!

Mrs Banjo Made a pumpkin pie, (my favorite), and Thanksgiving is one of the few days that I don't cook! Also, in 43 years Mrs Banjo and I have hosted Thanksgiving dinner, for family and friends who otherwise would spend the day alone, 41 times, only missing twice, once when I had knee surgery and now CV-19.  Sadly, our celebrations with family and friends is VERY small this year, but we still have much to be thankful for!  

• Like 2

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Thanksgiving. All the food sounds and looks delicious. 
I saw on TV that many decided to fly during the holiday and the airports were very busy. 

Here  in Victoria we have just started our 28th day of no new COVID cases.  We are all holding our breath ( no pun intended) that it lasts. There are still 37,000 Australians overseas waiting for flights home.  We need them to quarantine and we don’t have the facilities to house them. At present we have quarantine hotels but have had examples of COVID getting out into the community in Victoria and South Australia. It’s such an infectious virus. 
Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jillyf said:

in Victoria we have just started our 28th day of no new COVID cases

Congratulations jillyf and all of Australia & New Zealand too.  I see the numbers from Oceania and want to believe we can move towards your numbers here in The US.

Every winter Central Virginia receives certain days where a southern breeze blows wonderful weather up from our Florida friends.  Our Thanksgiving get together began with 70F 21C weather outside,  & mostly sunny skies.  Lots of space in the backyard so everyone, who wanted to, could sit down, remove masks and be socially distant and catch up.  We lucked out & adjusted.

However both wife and I are now feeling a bit tired, very much like mysty's turkey above, wine instead of a Coors though.

• Like 1

We've moved on to G&T. Empress 1908 with Elderflower tonic. I have a zoom call coming up with about 20 Italian cousins. Should be one for the ages.

Dinner was delish. The duck was yummy and my almond-cranberry tart has induced a sugar coma.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emtbsam said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  We had a non-traditional dinner of filet mignon with a porcini sauce made all the better by a 2015 Tignanello.  Now we are relaxing.

Sounds delicious🙂