Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

yes yes, of course that's what I meant, time for a nightcap

This made me realize that I haven't been participating in this forum very long, so none of you know me very well – and the 'Host' thing in my CC name is sometimes off-putting.  So, by way of belated introduction:  I am the long-time Host of the River Cruising forum and more recently of several others – but not Silversea.  I found this forum because I am contemplating a Silversea cruise in New Zealand in 2014, based on their regular history of interesting itineraries in that area every January.  And then found this particular thread, and its community of like-minded irreverent individuals.  So:  I am not here as the thread police, just another sometimes buzzed and always un-politically-correct fellow traveler.  Keep up the good work!  😉

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This made me realize that I haven't been participating in this forum very long, so none of you know me very well – and the 'Host' thing in my CC name is sometimes off-putting.  So, by way of belated introduction:  I am the long-time Host of the River Cruising forum and more recently of several others – but not Silversea.  I found this forum because I am contemplating a Silversea cruise in New Zealand in 2014, based on their regular history of interesting itineraries in that area every January.  And then found this particular thread, and its community of like-minded irreverent individuals.  So:  I am not here as the thread police, just another sometimes buzzed and always un-politically-correct fellow traveler.  Keep up the good work!  😉

Thanks for the intro Jazz!  You seem very much like a like-minded slightly irreverent typical Cooler denizen.   Your 'Host' handle will not save you from light-hearted jabs however!  In for a penny in for a pound lad! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Well, my flux capacitor is still working, and cruising before 2020 seemed like a better idea!  OK, NOT!  Fat fingers strike again!!!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mysty said:

Thanks for the intro Jazz!  You seem very much like a like-minded slightly irreverent typical Cooler denizen.   Your 'Host' handle will not save you from light-hearted jabs however!  In for a penny in for a pound lad! 😁

No quarter requested.  I tend to give, so I am willing to take.  [I have given up snark for Lent – and when I fail at that you are welcome to call me to repentance!]

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

No quarter requested.  I tend to give, so I am willing to take.  [I have given up snark for Lent – and when I fail at that you are welcome to call me to repentance!]

More likely we will applaud the snark! 😁  We can get unruly from time to time.   We are always respectful as we tiptoe on to the dark side though. 

17 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Good to know!  I’ll have to find it, because I thought Rome was the first episode.  Clearly, I didn’t set up my DVR correctly.

Did have a chance last night to go back and be able to see that CNN Stanley Tucci segment on food, etc., in and around Rome.  YES, interesting and fascinating to bring back memories from visiting Rome three previous times.  First visited Rome in 1970.  It is the "Eternal City"!!  My wife pointed out that this show missed one of the most memorable aspects of Rome.  That is the noise, motorcycles, etc.  There is an "INTENSITY" about Rome that is hard to forget!!  Both good and bad??

BUT, in this program, the part about foods produced from animal "innards" was a little challenging.  Sorry!!  Seeing and discussing on TV about stomach, intestines and other abdominal organs does not boost my taste buds.  Other viewpoints for those who love or hate anything about dining delights involving animal innards? 

Coming up next from CNN and Stanley Tucci?  This coming Sunday night: Bologna: Tucci explores Bologna, seen by many as the food capital of Italy.  February 28.
Milan: Tucci eats and drinks his way around Milan, enjoying an aperitivo and feeling inspired to make pizzoccheri -- a noodle made from buckwheat.  March 7.
Tuscany: Tucci explores his former home of Tuscany with a wine bar crawl and a celebration of the lowly loaf. March 14.
Sicily: Tucci visits Sicily, where he tries a salty crunchy sensation and reflects on Sicilian hospitality.  March 21.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 252,938 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

955213936_ScreenShot2021-02-24at8_28_50AM.png.470b8abdb5882b157d263b880bb3c039.png

1023138688_ScreenShot2021-02-24at8_29_06AM.thumb.png.57af91aa0d7af25eedfbc5c9edd695e1.png

44 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Meanwhile in Italy...

Screenshot_20210224-073944.png.13dc68f4c9a2d3f8996cb38ab5cf5be7.png

Missed this news and the dramatic visuals from Italy. Appreciate Spins sharing.   For the past 18 hours, most all of the cable news/media coverage has been about Tiger Woods and his car accident in California.  Clearly, he is lucky to be alive.  Driving with too much speed has its consequences!!  Fortunately, Tiger was wearing his seat belt and he was in a solid SUV with air bags, etc.  It will be a long, painful recovery.  Good luck to Tiger. 

Good morning folks......with all the stuff going on, Terry, did you see the news about Tiger? WOW......

looks like wearing his seatbelt saved his life.  From what I am reading, he had major surgery

on the right leg and ankle...compound factures as well.😲  Wishing him all the best.

As for those specific areas of the animal....I think my grandparents (both sides) ate tripe and

enjoyed it.....maybe it comes from being in their immigrant backgrounds. 

As for the noise question,  It looks like (to me anyway) they are sticking with "Food" and not all

the stuff happening around the city.

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I am contemplating a Silversea cruise in New Zealand in 2014, based on their regular history of interesting itineraries in that area every January.  

Great to hear that Jazzbeau is focused on New Zealand in  2024.  Should be a good year with things highly likely to be back to "normal" by that point in time.

As to New Zealand, we spent a week in February 2020 exploring in and around their amazing North Island before doing a South Pacific adventure sailing to Bora Bora and Tahiti.  In 2014 (yes that year), we explored key locations in Australia and then going up the NZ Pacific Coast.    For New Zealand, a series of port stops is nice and good.  BUT, you need to be creative as to your choices for these various ports.  PLUS, most important, to get inland to see locations such as Queenstown AND allow added time on your schedule to do wonderful options in and around Auckland, etc.  Happy to share much more!!!  Let me know what is of interest and helpful.  More on my live/blog below.  Good luck with your NZ research and planning.

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 232,437 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

• Like 1