Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

3 hours ago, mysty said:

154714308_266726971561379_7891808538667453376_o.jpg.216490e3957fd2ae8a2e978cb2ca87f4.jpg

Some duplications but some extras:

The British Military writes OFR's (officer fitness reports). The form used for Royal Navy and Marines fitness reports is the S206. The following are actual excerpts taken from people's "206's"....

- His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

- I would not breed from this Officer.

- This Officer is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definitely won't-be.

- When she opens her mouth, it seems that this is only to change whichever foot was previously in there.

- He has carried out each and every one of his duties to his entire satisfaction.

- He would be out of his depth in a car park puddle.

- Technically sound, but socially impossible.

- This Officer reminds me very much of a gyroscope - always spinning around at a frantic pace, but not really going anywhere.

- This young lady has delusions of adequacy.

- When he joined my ship, this Officer was something of a granny; since then he has aged considerably.

- This Medical Officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar.

- Since my last report he has reached rock bottom, and has started to dig.

- She sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.

- He has the wisdom of youth, and the energy of old age.

- This Officer should go far - and the sooner he starts, the better.

- In my opinion this pilot should not be authorized to fly below 250 feet.

- The only ship I would recommend this man for is citizenship.

- Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap.

- This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

- Only occasionally wets himself under pressure.

- This officer has a singular ability as one might expect of his bloodline.

- When you see 2 officers talking and one looking bored, he is the other one.

- 2Lt Snodgrass has all the skills, attributes and qualities that mark him out for divisional command. However, he is finding commanding his platoon somewhat more challenging...

- This Officer is supremely confident in his own abilities, however we don't share his same view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lots of cute and FUN posts at the Cooler today, as always!!  

Temperatures for the next two days expected in the 50'sF for tomorrow and Sunday.  Spring is getting closer.  We need the relief from winter.  Below was a colorful "visitor" outside of my study window this afternoon.  Like the red cardinals!!

CMC_2319.thumb.jpeg.9541d6d858cb0792e8cf779df7b32471.jpeg

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1413776876_ScreenShot2021-02-26at5_26_09PM.png.af1e1c86407f64a416dfd96d08e86fc1.png

1718781204_ScreenShot2021-02-26at5_26_25PM.png.c6e9c7ba419d220b30d7c28db842e270.png

This one's for Lois.. I'm watching a  fabulous and popular talk show here in the UK..

Graham Norton .. And Stanley tucci is on ..he looks amazing so so smart from top to toe( UK expression!!) Don't know if you get the show but it is very very good, lots of USA  and UK celebrity's thrown together ..and do you know what ...very very similar in humour ( well sometimes😉)  luv all the funnys & banter on this thread ...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

This one's for Lois.. I'm watching a  fabulous and popular talk show here in the UK..

Graham Norton .. And Stanley tucci is on ..he looks amazing so so smart from top to toe( UK expression!!) Don't know if you get the show but it is very very good, lots of USA  and UK celebrity's thrown together ..and do you know what ...very very similar in humour ( well sometimes😉)  luv all the funnys & banter on this thread ...

Hi🙂,,,never heard of Graham Norton. We have all kinds of talk shows though.

1 hour ago, Lvshack said:

We get the Graham Norton  TV show here in Australia.  I think  he is very funny.  And he has good guest on usually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lvshack said:

Sorry you have not heard of Graham Norton..but I just mentioned it as Stanley was a guest on talking about his program which you are enjoying watching about Italy...

I just thought us& UK are very similar but  maybe not !!!!😞

Oh, I do love Italy for sure😃

51 minutes ago, Lvshack said:

very similar but  maybe not

and, of course, we both speak English!

did you know, in our schools (as far as I know), all students study English?  I think every year.

8 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

We get the Graham Norton  TV show here in Australia

Just checked, and Graham Norton is available on you tube here in the states

JP, I think we should take a look, I'll go first 

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Oh, I do love Italy for sure😃

Want to visit Italy as soon as there's a way to do so.  We loved Greece...

If I trusted humor to carry through I would add "they're kind of the same thing though, aren't they?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

I Used to drink in the same East End pub as Graham Norton and can reliably testify that his lack of personal hygiene  is almost as overpowering  as his lack of Taste. There really isn’t much merit in screaming very loudly that you’re just back from a shoot when you smell like a decomposing carcass and possess the ability to singlehandedly clear a dance floor.. Am I being bitchy? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Used to drink in the same East End pub as Graham Norton and can reliably testify that his lack of personal hygiene  is almost as overpowering  as his lack of Taste. There really isn’t much merit in screaming very loudly that you’re just back from a shoot when you smell like a decomposing carcass and possess the ability to singlehandedly clear a dance floor.. Am I being bitchy? 

As Dorothy Parker once said, "If you haven’t anything nice to say about anyone, come sit by me...!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

As Dorothy Parker once said, "If you haven’t anything nice to say about anyone, come sit by me...!"

Now that would have been a party!! 

There aren’t many people I take an exception to but he really was so objectionable, and that was before he hit the big time. Is it too much to ask that a “Celebrity” has a wash before they empty the dance floor?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lvshack said:

Graham Norton .. And Stanley tucci is on ..he looks amazing so so smart from top to toe( UK expression!!) 

The Graham Norton Show is often excellent and Norton himself is a supremely relaxed host who keeps his camp-ness in check, unlike a lot of other BBC 'personalities.'  However, as good as Norton is, he is not in the same league as Michael Parkinson but, there again, not many Hollywood stars are in the same league as the legends of yesteryear whom Parky interviewed with such grace and skill (apart from Meg Ryan).

Stanley Tucci lives permanently in London I think.  Wish we could get CNN as I fancy his current series on Italy.

10 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Yes you are. I enjoy his show and the majority of his guests also seem too as well. 

Edited by frantic36

If I may weigh in .......I think that this whole experience with lockdowns, social interaction restrictions, the wait for vaccines, the current seeming impossibility of ever traveling again, and even the inability to engage in the basic person-to-person hugs that humans need has tried our patience and heightened our sensitivity to perceived "slights".   Our nerves are fraying and we are all struggling to be the person we were before the nasty.  Continue to be kind, understanding and give people wiggle room and the benefit of the doubt as to their intent.  Peace out Coolers!  🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

YES, agree, these are challenging times requiring patience and kindness.  Hope that Lvshack hangs in and stays active.    I do see real, honest "light at the end of the tunnel".  Yesterday, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine got a key approval.  The fourth and fifth vaccines are moving closer to get approvals.  Numbers for infections, hospitalizations are going down in the U.S., etc.  PLUS, this afternoon, to be personal, we will get our second Moderna "jab".  We are not close to be back to "normal", but we are getting closer.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1427807259_ScreenShot2021-02-27at8_26_55AM.png.ce46603df11b312f15b04290d94daa61.png

2132146818_ScreenShot2021-02-27at8_26_42AM.png.a073f678bc6d0136a4ce1468127886b3.png

• Like 2