Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Mea Culpa Cooler Denizens!  I should have captioned this video so that you would know what you would be watching if you clicked on it.  It is a clip from the Dean Martin Show featuring Dean and Foster Brooks.  Foster says he is a p..p..p..pilot.  It is quite funny and poor Dean has trouble keeping it together!  🤣

2 minutes ago, mysty said:

Mea Culpa Cooler Denizens!  I should have captioned this video so that you would know what you would be watching if you clicked on it.  It is a clip from the Dean Martin Show featuring Dean and Foster Brooks.  Foster says he is a p..p..p..pilot.  It is quite funny and poor Dean has trouble keeping it together!  🤣

Appreciate you posting this awesome video.  So super, totally wonderful and funny.  Well worth viewing!!!  Don't miss this winner.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 6:33 AM, Lois R said:

Good morning, you can go back and see episode 1 as well (if you want.😃) They are already

showing that first one over again.

Watched episode #1 last night and was able to convince DW to watch with me as Mr. Tucci returned us to areas we have visited in the past; Naples and Amalfi.  She enjoyed it!  But, as soon as I started episode #2 to show her Rome, she bolted like a scared rabbit, since those opening scenes were pasta, pasta, pasta.  😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Watched episode #1 last night and was able to convince DW to watch with me as Mr. Tucci returned us to areas we have visited in the past; Naples and Amalfi.  opening scenes were pasta, pasta, pasta.  😃

What's wrong with pasta, pasta, pasta???  Below is one of my favorites from the Silversea La Terrazza dining venues.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

TC1_2575.thumb.jpeg.83b7e98100a6f13ee64b9ccba4e95b87.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Watched episode #1 last night and was able to convince DW to watch with me as Mr. Tucci returned us to areas we have visited in the past; Naples and Amalfi.  She enjoyed it!  But, as soon as I started episode #2 to show her Rome, she bolted like a scared rabbit, since those opening scenes were pasta, pasta, pasta.  😃

Ischia( episode 1) is not to be missed. So much prettier than Capri.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Stumble I am not a fan of pasta either.   I can sympathize with your wife.  Thankfully we all have different tastes and preferences so we are not fighting over the same food!  😁

15 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

What's wrong with pasta, pasta, pasta???

Nothing, other than bad carbs, carbs, carbs when you're trying to lose weight. 😜

11 minutes ago, mysty said:

I can sympathize with your wife.  Thankfully we all have different tastes and preferences so we are not fighting over the same food!  😁

Amen all of our desires for different tastes.  Our problem is we like almost all tastes!  And, as a result, those tastes have really added the pounds over the years.  But, a little over five weeks to cutting wheat and bad carbs from our diet, we're taking those pounds off now, slow and steady.

• Like 2

I know there is an existing thread on the issue of COVID vaccines.   I do not wander far out of the safety of the Cooler.  It can be the Wild West out there.

As some may already know COVID vaccines have been thin on the ground here in Canada.   There were weeks with no shipments at all.  Today they announced a "plan" for a schedule for Ontario  (healthcare is a provincial program).  By the sounds of it Myster may be vaccinated sometime after May 1st  and I may be vaccinated some time after June 1st.   Of course we all know about the best laid plans of mice and men! 😏

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-canada-world-february24-2021-1.5925859

2 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Keep at it Stumbles, it’s well worth it.  I lost 4 stone last year by dodging carbs. Just maintaining it now with good weeks and naughty weeks. 

Well done, Davey!  4 stones is absolutely incredible.  I’m down 1 stone after 5-weeks and it’s amazing how much nicer clothes fit.  😀 I don’t know if I can pull off 4 stones, but if I do, I’d be back to my good ol’ college days fighting weight. 😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Well done, Davey!  4 stones is absolutely incredible.  I’m down 1 stone after 5-weeks and it’s amazing how much nicer clothes fit.  😀 I don’t know if I can pull off 4 stones, but if I do, I’d be back to my good ol’ college days fighting weight. 😉

thought you were a lover, not a fighter!

• Haha 2

Completely off topic ..but I'm just watching a fasanating TV program titled the seventies..( crimes&,cults ) omg ...it's all from the USA all about manson.son of Sam.

Hill side stranglers .. & John gacy..

Several shops being robbed by gunpoint.. I'm so pleased & hope we never have the rules to be able to own a gun so easy as the USA ..here in the UK ..

Great watching ...

On the upside almost near my second jab ( being extremely valuable) it's going so well here in UK & I'm so blessed it's happening so soon... That said we ( mdh) & I have decided to cancel silver moon sailing Oct Venice to Athens .just because I don't think it will give us the cruise experience we have enjoyed ...hope it's not been a down thread 

Just into history from all over ..( sorry about spelling never been blessed with that)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Keep at it Stumbles, it’s well worth it.  I lost 4 stone last year by dodging carbs. Just maintaining it now with good weeks and naughty weeks. 

Omg daveywavey70.. I'm so surprised 4stone ..I follow your cruise videos over & over ( there are fabulous ) but losing 4 stone you must be so so tiny now..you always looked good... I have been off work now for almost 12 months ( apart from short return to the office from September to December  2020... I have gained so much weight.. my husband got me a cross trainer so I'm going for it , hoping to be back into my swim wear by 2022!!!👙 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Well done stumblefoot.. 14 lbs in just 5 weeks pray tell me your recipe !!!👙 x

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I need to lose about 15lbs......I would love to know how to do that in the next 5 weeks as well---even 6 or 7 weeks would be ok as well. (So over the next couple

of months).

• Like 1

Thanks guys. A Stone is fantastic Stumbles. Just stick with it. It’s amazing how it drops off when you lay off the carbs.
Lvshak, I was at my heaviest ever at the end of the Alaska cruise, in fact it was while I was editing that video that I decided to go on a diet! I Can’t wait to make another video! I’ve watched everything cruise related on Netflix, Prime, Sky, Britbox etc so many times now. I’ve even been watching episodes of the Love Boat on YouTube. Here’s hoping we can get away soon. PS I Don’t believe in exercise but good luck with the X trainer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Don’t believe in exercise but good luck with the X trainer. 

Absolutely not an expert here, but from my own experience with our exercise machine - weight does drop but more notable is the reduction in waist size in pants.  The weight seems to go somewhere else. 

But I'm pretty sure women don't buy pants by waist size?  very difficult to give wife clothing because of this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

We both really enjoy South Beach because of it’s principles and ease to follow.  My DW also enjoys tracking her food through the WW app, which she finds helpful.  Good luck!

Isn't South Beach the same thing as Adkins? Low on all the carbs?