Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good morning coolers

I have been absent for a while, but still following all your news.  Vaccination - it is great that the UK will be offering vaccine to countries who cannot get/afford it;  however, I hope they wait until we have had our own!  Due to what appears to be a misunderstanding, DH  (now over 90) and I are still waiting for the home vaccinators to  visit us, as we are effectively housebound because of his problems.

Anyway, it is good to see the foodie pictures.  Here in the UK there is a big trend at present for top restaurants to deliver menus to your house.  This can be wonderful - you just have to do a bit of cooking generally of the main course to have a three course gourmet meal.   Foodie son has tried them from the very prestigious L'Enclume, in the Lake District, and found it a bit fiddly to cook and perhaps overpriced, but those from Rick Stein in Cornwall were easier, cheaper,  and delicious.  Daughter is having the Rick Stein lobster dinner for her birthday - looking forward to hearing about that.  I think if we did have one, it would be one course per night for 3 nights, as the portions are generous!  I am just longing to go to our local gastropub for their excellent fish and chips sometime.  Nowhere is open at present.

Your freezing weather in the south has been awful,  I hope things are improving.

Best wishes to all - Lois, hope you are loving your bed, I insist on a deep sprung mattress rather than the foam ones.

Lola

'

• Like 2

YES, mysty's cute post is correct that we have already had enough snow!!  We are close to March and some relief is coming to us in Central Ohio.  From AccuWeather below, you can see our forecast for the next two weeks.  Temperatures in the 30's and 40's is coming.  That is not sunny Florida, but shows that some positive relief is on the way.  SPRING will be here soon, hopefully.  Also next Saturday is our date for our second shot of the Moderna vaccine.  Another good and hopeful sign.  

1436903562_ScreenShot2021-02-21at12_41_19PM.thumb.png.93fbd1d8a0a9e01be8e697e56fce2141.png

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

739715912_ScreenShot2021-02-21at12_39_15PM.png.39468fb46511137777475f1f2b9ef2f6.png

217902484_ScreenShot2021-02-21at12_39_26PM.png.b0fe06c0cb8638bd8769d6bb13ac94b8.png

Cruisers, say welcome to Freddie!  He adopted me from the animal welfare league in December.  We think he will be 1 in April.  Spent a week hiding under the pantry shelves but now thinks he owns the place.  Wants to play or photo-bomb Zoom meetings when he's not asleep.  Has a great sitter who visits him twice a day when I"m out of town.

Missy in MD

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

• Like 6

A While ago a new supermarket opened in Sydney.  It has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh.

Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh rain.

When you pass the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and there is the scent of freshly mowed hay.

In the meat department there is the aroma of charcoal grilled steaks with onions.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens clucking and cackling, and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The bread department features the tantalizing smell of fresh baked bread and cookies.

I don't buy toilet paper there anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MHF said:

Cruisers, say welcome to Freddie!  He adopted me from the animal welfare league in December.  We think he will be 1 in April.  Spent a week hiding under the pantry shelves but now thinks he owns the place.  Wants to play or photo-bomb Zoom meetings when he's not asleep.  Has a great sitter who visits him twice a day when I"m out of town.

Missy in MD

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

A tiger beauty!!! Hello!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MHF said:

Missy in MD

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

He is a beauty!  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jpalbny said:

He's a cutie! Don't they all act like they own the place, though...

YES!!!  Missy's new kitty is very cute.  Looks like fun!!!  We really need these companions these days as we are still under a type of "lock-down" and that some form of these conditions will be continuing for many future weeks.  

2122572604_ScreenShot2021-02-22at8_50_07AM.png.aa620c1bb5b0973e741d4492c3357a87.png

988145658_ScreenShot2021-02-22at8_49_38AM.thumb.png.0d14ae7553e5366c7efb565c0f1159fc.png

3 hours ago, silkismom said:

Got it recorded for later viewing.

Appreciate this helpful reminder about this fun CNN series.  .  Need to check that our digital machine got it captured correctly.