First Caribbean cruise! MSC Yacht Club ir Celebrity Aqua Class

mh123468

Hi Folks

Going to a honeymoon cruise to the Carribean! Usually sail Celebrity (Aqua Class) but not many available. How does MSC yacht club rate?? Any info welcomed as only sailed a couple of med and 1x California previously so little knowledge of carribbean cruises.

YC wins hands down, we were AQ regulars and then discovered the Yacht Club, features like Top Sail Lounge, Pool and Deck area, service levels etc, add in that for a long time that prices were lower it was a bargain.

My wife and I have sailed NCL Haven Class, Disney Cruises Concierge Class, and MSC Yacht Club - and dollar-for-dollar the MSC Yacht Club wins. There are areas where the other cruise lines out perform MSC, but when you consider the overall value of what you get in the Yacht Club for the price, then MSC can't be beat. As some have already mentioned, the Top Sail Lounge, the One Pool Deck, the Yacht Club exclusive restaurant, you will not be disappointed. And you'll be able to apply the money you save elsewhere in your vacation to make it a truly memorable honeymoon. Maybe like a one or two night's stay in the Ritz-Carlton (before or after the cruise); some extra spa treatments onboard; first class flight to and from Miami; etc.

We, too, have sailed in Aqua class several times to the Caribbean as well as in a large corner aft sky suite, but the perks, service, and price associated with YC really impressed us. Although we loved all our cruises on Celebrity, there is no reason to switch back when a YC suite is available on a similar itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Folks I have spoken to DO NOT believe me when I tell the difference in value from any other cruise line with MSC YC. They are convinced I am over hyping.

Dennis

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just remember....the more people who believe us, the more expensive it becomes!!!

Thanks for all the replies. One more quick question! Do all suites automatically get yc or do you have to select it desperately on website?

No ... MSC has Aurea suites, which have different benefits. You have to choose a YC cabin in the enclave which are separate to the rest of the ship.

Guys guys guys...please...let’s not overhype the YC. MH will want to book it and then let the secret out to even more pax. Look...we have a good thing going here...but as Dr Cocktail says...the price will go up...and bookings will become impossible to secure if we keep hyping the YC. So tone it down...huh.;):o:cool:

Following this post, since I've sailed multiple times with Celebrity (Concierge, and always enjoy), but never with MSC. I've been considering MSC YC for a while since the status match interests me and there have been many posts on better value.

One thing I've noticed - on a given sailing, you can board and start your cruise at various ports along the itinerary - how does this affect the overall feel of the cruise - is it even noticeable that new people are coming regularly throughout the cruise?

One thing I'm finding similar between X and MSC: both their websites are 'sub-par' from a functionality point of view.

Following this post, since I've sailed multiple times with Celebrity (Concierge, and always enjoy), but never with MSC. I've been considering MSC YC for a while since the status match interests me and there have been many posts on better value.

One thing I've noticed - on a given sailing, you can board and start your cruise at various ports along the itinerary - how does this affect the overall feel of the cruise - is it even noticeable that new people are coming regularly throughout the cruise?

One thing I'm finding similar between X and MSC: both their websites are 'sub-par' from a functionality point of view.

Some discussion of this issue here.. https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2666303

I know I'm late to the party posting on this thread, but having sailed Celebrity several times now and only in their Suite Class, which is a step up from Aqua, you should go with MSC. We've always enjoyed our cruises with Celebrity very much, but the MSC YC experience would definitely be a step up from Aqua Class on X, and from what I've read here, seems like even a step up from the suite class on X.

I know I'm late to the party posting on this thread, but having sailed Celebrity several times now and only in their Suite Class, which is a step up from Aqua, you should go with MSC. We've always enjoyed our cruises with Celebrity very much, but the MSC YC experience would definitely be a step up from Aqua Class on X, and from what I've read here, seems like even a step up from the suite class on X.

We'll be Aurea in a 2-bedroom grand suite. We've only cruised balcony or lower on X, but X has been our favorite line so far. How would you compare the general experience between the 2 lines?