How long for Chops Dinner?

We have Chops booked on our upcoming cruise. How long does dinner typically take without feeling rushed to catch the evening show? We won't know the exact show time until we are there and get the compass, but would we make an 8pm show for example? i.e. if this seems too close then we can always try to move the night to another one

We have Chops booked on our upcoming cruise. How long does dinner typically take without feeling rushed to catch the evening show? We won't know the exact show time until we are there and get the compass, but would we make an 8pm show for example? i.e. if this seems too close then we can always try to move the night to another one

What ship?

What time is your reservation?

6pn on Mariner (family of 4)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

As others said, just tell your servers when you sit down what time you would like to finish.

Are you sure that shows are at 8 every night on the Mariner?

As others said, just tell your servers when you sit down what time you would like to finish.

Are you sure that shows are at 8 every night on the Mariner?

No...that's my point. We won't know the show times until each morning when we get the cruise compass. From what I've seen of another compass posted, the shows are generally anywhere from 7:30pm - 9:30pm. Our Chops dinner is booked early on in the cruise at 6pm, so if it typically takes 2hrs from the responses and the show ends up being 8pm on that night, then would see if we could move it to following night (which of course we won't know that show time until next morning).

P.S. - We're coming with kids so 9:30pm show we can do, but 10pm show will be probably be getting too late

No...that's my point. We won't know the show times until each morning when we get the cruise compass. ...

You get the next day's Cruise Compass during the evening turn down service the night before.

1 1/2 hours is about standard....you might be able to do it faster, but that misses the whole point of a specialty restaurant!

Yes thanks. Exactly agree with you, which is why I mentioned 'not feeling rushed'. Just wanted a general idea so can decide if it works with the show time when we see the actual time for that night and then decide. Hopefully it'll be closer to 9pm as that would be perfect.

You get the next day's Cruise Compass during the evening turn down service the night before.

That's right...even better.

The last time we were in Chops (on Oasis), the waiter asked us when we sat down if we had any show reservations that evening. They seem very aware of the compression of schedules, and will try their best to make sure you are both "not rushed" and have time to make your show.