Beware of UBP parasites

dcruiser50

My husband has a big ❤️, it’s all good. Stay blessed everyone

Your husband sounds very kind ~ he can give away my drinks:halo:. I don’t drink but get the UBP for my husband. (I drink soda with it.) :cool: It is all good!

Edited by smokie36

Just a word of caution as a platinum NCL cruiser I have experienced a new cruise parasite. These are the people who choose to get the sail away price with no perks, then befriend those who have the UBP and ask them to get them drinks never offer an extra waiter tip and expect you to keep them in drinks.

Just say "sorry, it's against the rules"

Wow! If anyone ever tried that I'd politely tell them it's against the rules and I wouldn't want my UBP revoked. If they pressed the matter, I'd go up to the bar, tell them the other passenger is pressuring me to share my UBP drinks and ask for Security.

Bottom line is that if they have money to go on a cruise, they have money for drinks. Nobody's going to starve to death because you didn't get them a free Vodka Martini or whatever.

I didn’t know you can get in trouble for that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are unlikely too unless someone like the original poster turns you in... I don't drink so I have no issue saving the $1000 buying the sail-away fare!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that’s bad. My husband and I choose the UBP every time we cruise and it’s reverse he seeks out people who don’t have the UBP and offers them drinks God bless❤️. Those parasites are users. Stay blessed.

Classic. Your husband plays Daddy Warbucks with his free drinks? I'm shocked you would admit that here. :')

Classic. Your husband plays Daddy Warbucks with his free drinks? I'm shocked you would admit that here.

Careful; he has had to pay 20% gratuity which amounts to 3 drinks a day. He might only drink two himself and be giving his third one away.

Classic. Your husband plays Daddy Warbucks with his free drinks? I'm shocked you would admit that here.

Careful; he has had to pay 20% gratuity which amounts to 3 drinks a day. He might only drink two himself and be giving his third one away.

Assume innocence, I get it :)

LOL...you don't believe that for a second.

LOL...you don't believe that for a second.

I certainly don't but I sent before adding VBG or TiC!! And that was why "might" was bolded.

I think it's nice to at least consider the best in people, even if I'm sometimes terrible at following my own advice. :)

Just a word of caution as a platinum NCL cruiser I have experienced a new cruise parasite. These are the people who choose to get the sail away price with no perks, then befriend those who have the UBP and ask them to get them drinks never offer an extra waiter tip and expect you to keep them in drinks.

Wow! I've never experienced anything remotely close to this. NCL's demographics must be changing for the worse. I wonder if the UBP is attracting a less desirable crowd.

I encountered one of these on my Feb solo cruise. He was rapidly working his way to platinum status by booking several back to back cruises at sail away rates and wasn't shy about saying that he just asked other people for drinks. A couple days into the cruise all of the people in the solo cabins were pretty leery of him.

My husband has a big [emoji173]️, it’s all good. Stay blessed everyone

Big heart? Maybe, but on someone else's dime? Sorry but that sounds borderline stealing to me

Don't stop at the UBP...... I always purchase the SDP and see no issue at all inviting people to Cagney's, who don't have the SDP, and let them enjoy my unlimited appetizers and desserts with me......

What a horrible horrible thing to do , cheating Norwegian out of a few drinks .

For shame ! I'm so upset, I need a drink . Will someone please buy me one ?

Sure, next time you take me to an Expo’s game.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ugh...Got the age of said free loader?

That's one of the reasons we don't befriend too many folks while cruising [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I don’t know if you’re kidding but if you’re not, that’s really a shame! I have met many wonderful friends, who are still Facebook friends, on cruises. I have never had anybody ask me to get them a drink when they were not on the drink package. I’ve also never asked for nor accepted a drink from anybody on the drink package when I was on the “sale away” rate! Many times when cruising with family members, the bartenders get accustomed to seeing us together and know that we are both on the drink package, so they will prepare both our drinks and put them on our respective cards without making both of us come up to the bar. This was really helpful in my case because I’m mobility impaired and it was nice of the bartenders to save me the extra standing and walking.