Beware of UBP parasites

dcruiser50

We are also Platinum and always do sail away because we like the rates and don't drink.

On every cruise we have been offered drinks by UBP passengers, we always decline.

So, we are not befriending them to get drinks, we don't even want any. We just want trivia partners or whatever. So, if it does occur, I think it is very rare and I don't want people to think we just want to get drinks because we play trivia with them.

I honestly don't believe that people are doing this and have never witnessed it. And like someone else said, it takes two, so just say no and get on with trivia.

I don’t know if you’re kidding but if you’re not, that’s really a shame! I have met many wonderful friends, who are still Facebook friends, on cruises. I have never had anybody ask me to get them a drink when they were not on the drink package. I’ve also never asked for nor accepted a drink from anybody on the drink package when I was on the “sale away” rate! Many times when cruising with family members, the bartenders get accustomed to seeing us together and know that we are both on the drink package, so they will prepare both our drinks and put them on our respective cards without making both of us come up to the bar. This was really helpful in my case because I’m mobility impaired and it was nice of the bartenders to save me the extra standing and walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was kind of tongue in cheek... but honestly, we cruise to be with each other, not to be social butterflies. I will say though, on each of our previous cruises, we met either a couple or family with whom we enjoyed either a few drinks or a Cagneys dinner (we all had the same perks).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I have never had that happen, but if someone actually had the nerve to ask the look on my face would say it all and they would walk away ;p We are not big drinkers but paid hundreds each additional over the sail away rate for that perk and would not let some cheapskate take advantage of us.

I didn't get the UBP, I don't drink much and am happy enough with coffee and iced tea, but every now and then I will have a beer or maybe try the drink of the day, but I will pay for it myself. Besides, I may be 51 but I'm pretty sure my mom would whoop my butt if she heard I was begging for drinks.😂

We never get the UBP. We often meet fun people at martini tasting who have it. They never offer us drinks and we never ask. Buy the tasting and one more. I hope people won't let this put them off meeting and socializing with new people on cruises, that's half the fun. MOST people would not ask you. Those that do, just write them off, don't avoid everyone.

How is offering someone a drink on my package stealing? Can someone explain that? Let me just clear something up, people don’t ask for drinks if we offer to someone we just met who happens not to have the UBP that is not stealing. It’s our package and if choose to buy someone a drink that’s our choice and not stealing. Like how much alcohol can you drink on a cruise [emoji568]. Now for those who get the sail away cabin and then seek out people with the UBP that’s scheming.

How is offering someone a drink on my package stealing? Can someone explain that? Let me just clear something up, people don’t ask for drinks if we offer to someone we just met who happens not to have the UBP that is not stealing. It’s our package and if choose to buy someone a drink that’s our choice and not stealing. Like how much alcohol can you drink on a cruise [emoji568]. Now for those who get the sail away cabin and then seek out people with the UBP that’s scheming.

Doesn’t that go against the terms of service? If you went to a buffet in your hometown, would you bring a random stranger and say, I’m not going to eat everything I’m entitled to so this person is here to help?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable

This is from ncl

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

hopefully we all would. and these are the same people that have the DSC removed from the accounts I bet!!!
I'd hate to think you are right but you probably are . :mad:

Sure, next time you take me to an Expo’s game.[emoji6]

They are coming back , I can feel it .

Because its stealing, that’s why.

Sam Ting, you’re not BUYING anything when you do that. If you ordered yourself a drink and then gave it away and didn't get another for the period you would have spent drinking that one, you could possibly argue that you're “buying” that person a drink. However, that sort of convoluted justification is sophistry.

You really need to read the terms of the UBP.

Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.

https://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package

Normally it works in a different way. Someone without a drink package pays for their drinks, later in the cruise when you hang out at the same bar the bartenders just grab the UBP cards and all is good. The last cruises I got the feeling the staff is even caring less as long as they get one card for every two drinks regardless if the people even know each other.

Is long as you don't insult them by acting like you trick the staff they are cool about it.

Don't stop at the UBP...... I always purchase the SDP and see no issue at all inviting people to Cagney's, who don't have the SDP, and let them enjoy my unlimited appetizers and desserts with me......

Actually, the SDP no longer supplies unlimited appetizers and desserts. It's one of each per person per meal. Anything more, you have to pay extra.

Doesn’t that go against the terms of service? If you went to a buffet in your hometown, would you bring a random stranger and say, I’m not going to eat everything I’m entitled to so this person is here to help?

LIKE!!! [emoji106]

Actually, the SDP no longer supplies unlimited appetizers and desserts. It's one of each per person per meal. Anything more, you have to pay extra.

Actually that is a common misconception...... the SDP T&Cs state that "Charges will apply for additional main course orders" and does not state you are limited to one appetizer and one dessert. Since it specifically mentions "main course" and purposely ommits appetizer and dessert there is no limit.

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq