Please help me decide

MoyCoy

I have a cruise booked on a 7 day pacific costal next year. We are sailing in a deluxe balcony.

I was thinking about switching to the Ruby a 5 day pacific coastal . I have sailed the ruby before (1 night Spring 2017) but have has of yet to sail the Royal. I am by no means a Princess expert so I am still comparing the amenities of the ship.

I could sail the Ruby for $100 more PP in a club class minisuite. We have sailed in full suites on Celebrity and NCL. I understand the club class are a amended version of suite benefits.:confused:

I also could switch to a Vista suite on the Ruby for $400 more pp.

I wonder if I should move to the Ruby in order to affordability sail in the Club Class or would you stay in a deluxe balcony on the Royal?

BTW I could sail in a Vista suite on the Ruby for the same price as a minisuite club class on the Royal. Is the Royal a much better experience over the Ruby? I heard about plumbing issues on the Ruby. That indeed concerns me:o

A little background.....

I have sailed the Grand, Coral, and Emerald in the past 4 years. They were all 3-4 day cruises. The Royal would be my first 7 day on Princess. We have sailed 7-10 day cruise on Royal, Celebrity , and NCL, and Disney

Thank you

I

What would be the reason for NOT sailing on the ship you are currently signed up for? Why not go ahead and try something new. The Royal is one of Prncess newest ships and it is a great ship to sail on. Have been on it once and we are going again in December.

For me the longer the better. But, to me the small balconies and the lack of pools make me not like the Royal very much. But it does have an awesome buffet. The only extra benefit for Club Class mini's is the dining. If you want the perks, do the Vista on the Ruby.

I have a cruise booked on a 7 day pacific costal next year. We are sailing in a deluxe balcony.

I was thinking about switching to the Ruby a 5 day pacific coastal . I have sailed the ruby before (1 night Spring 2017) but have has of yet to sail the Royal. I am by no means a Princess expert so I am still comparing the amenities of the ship.

I could sail the Ruby for $100 more PP in a club class minisuite. We have sailed in full suites on Celebrity and NCL. I understand the club class are a amended version of suite benefits.:confused:

I also could switch to a Vista suite on the Ruby for $400 more pp.

I wonder if I should move to the Ruby in order to affordability sail in the Club Class or would you stay in a deluxe balcony on the Royal?

BTW I could sail in a Vista suite on the Ruby for the same price as a minisuite club class on the Royal. Is the Royal a much better experience over the Ruby? I heard about plumbing issues on the Ruby. That indeed concerns me:o

A little background.....

I have sailed the Grand, Coral, and Emerald in the past 4 years. They were all 3-4 day cruises. The Royal would be my first 7 day on Princess. We have sailed 7-10 day cruise on Royal, Celebrity , and NCL, and Disney

Thank you

I

Personally, I would like the newer ship and the seven night itinerary is also more attractive than a five night itinerary. Club class is mostly about cabin location and the dining. Other than that, I don’t think it has much else in terms of the amended suite benefits.

Don’t get me wrong, the club class dining is awesome but it would still be nice to check out a newer ship. You can spend the extra savings on specialty dinners. Just my opinion.

MoyCoy...you’ve sailed on the Ruby’s twin the Emerald so you know what to expect there.

An extra 2 days on a newer ship that we’ve enjoyed for 6 weeks would be my preference. Besides enjoying the physical changes, I enjoy the improved food options: Alfredo’s Pizzeria (a free multi course Italian meal); Gelato’s (tasty ice cream treats & crepes-$3.50); Winemakers Dinner ($40 with free flowing wine); Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar (reasonably priced seafood); the vastly improved Horizon Court buffet with free filtered coffee and; I prefer Sabitini’s over the Share restaurant.

We’re booked on B2B 7-day cruises in Spring 2019 including the Pacific Wine Country from LA to Vancouver so obviously we enjoy the Royal-class ships.

That’s just my preference but don’t know how important your accommodations are to you.

Edited by Astro Flyer

When given a choice, I'd generally choose the longer cruise. When the Royal first came out, I wondered if we'd enjoy sailing on a ship without a proper Promenade Deck. It turns out we do. We took a 10-day cruise last December on the Royal and had a great time.