Service charge ending!

Prefdavid

On Ventura not only was the service poor but it was also desperately slow, although the coffee is better than the brew in the buffet, the extra cost and lousy service did not encourage us to use it regularly.

On Oceana in March not only was the service dreadful but the coffee wass o bad it could have been a Starbucks!

What on earth have all these posts got to do with the Service Charge ending ??? !!!

I agree. If we cut out all the detritus about biscuits, chocolates and now coffee, the pages on this thread would still be in single figures!

Back to topic, it’s encouqrging to see that there is universal support for what P&O has done. Some debate on whether it will be clawed back elsewhere, but even those of us who believe that it will be seem to be in agreement that’s it’s still absolutely the right thing to do.

Well done P&O. Now can you sort out the Hi-di-Hi style entertainment (“are you all having a good time?” etc). Oops. Drifted off topic again ;)

Selbourne - yes - I absolutely hate the Hi di Hi stuff. It's awful. How about "is there anybody in from Liverpool?" Drives me nuts. Clapping hands is another thing - everybody wave! Grrr. Am I part of the entertainment - no!!
Careful both of you. I have expressed similar thoughts in another thread and have been severely criticised by one or two people who insist that I am in a minority. Perhaps if enough of the supposed minority express themselves the sail away party will go the way of the service charge, or at least be adapted to fit into the 21st century.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I really like those biscuits. I've bought them in France and have ordered them over here from Ocado. Anything has to be better than the previous thin ones where you were lucky if one of the ones in the packet was still whole. Most packets we had at least one if not both was already in small pieces. When I think back to Priory Crumbles....!!
Photo of biscuitsIMG_20180825_172608.thumb.jpg.5293cbcfc2fec16dd2efc16eeeaa632e.jpg

I also hate being called a Brit’ as they do in the Horizon newspaper. I am, in company with everybody else on board BRITISH. All P & O need to do now is to get the volume turned down in the venues. I am not deaf!
The Revolvers a 60s tribute band were on in the theatre last night.

They were excellent.

I wish I was on the cruise as well. I have to wait another three weeks, even then, I’m not sure if I can go as I’m awaiting the results of medical problem. Travel insurance and all that. I have another eleven days to wait,
I hope things work out for you.

I also hate being called a Brit’ as they do in the Horizon newspaper. I am, in company with everybody else on board BRITISH. All P & O need to do now is to get the volume turned down in the venues. I am not deaf!

Join the club. Had to leave the Pacific Lounge on Oriana one night when the Headliners were on as it was absolutely deafening. I am not sure how people actually sit there. Got talking to a Headliner and she said we know when it's too loud as people have their fingers in their ears. All to do with the sound man apparently.

I agree. If we cut out all the detritus about biscuits, chocolates and now coffee, the pages on this thread would still be in single figures!

Back to topic, it’s encouqrging to see that there is universal support for what P&O has done. Some debate on whether it will be clawed back elsewhere, but even those of us who believe that it will be seem to be in agreement that’s it’s still absolutely the right thing to do.

Well done P&O. Now can you sort out the Hi-di-Hi style entertainment (“are you all having a good time?” etc). Oops. Drifted off topic again ;)

Totally agree, we hate the 'Hi-di-Hi' style entertainment. We avoid all sail aways like the plaque. They always play the same music as well, which is enough to drive any sane person mad!

Having had neurosurgery I have problems with really loud noise. On Britannia this July The Headliners show Astonishing was so bad that I had to get up and walk out before the show had even started!!

The only CD I have ever cruised with that was a lovely sophisticated person who introduced the show and then came on again at the end to say a few words was Christine Noble. No Hi di Hi stuff, no "anyone in from poxy Liverpool". Just an introduction to the performance and a clap at the end. Why they pretend to be comedians I do not know, cos they are not very funny.