Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

16 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You don’t need to buy it beforehand. You can get onboard and have a look at prices and what’s available (wines etc) before making up your mind.

I also understand that you can buy it on Day 2 and save a shortened embarkation day from paying for the package.  Or any day thereafter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

I also understand that you can buy it on Day 2 and save a shortened embarkation day from paying for the package.  Or any day thereafter.

For me, it depends on the ship. On Onward, even on an abbreviated first day, I will want to hang out in the Atlas bar. Two drinks, and I’m even with the cost of the Ultimate package.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You don’t need to buy it beforehand. You can get onboard and have a look at prices and what’s available (wines etc) before making up your mind.

Grandma Cruising...Azamara newbie here...

We've been reading as much as we can...just wanted to ask:

What are the basic alcoholic drinks included: "house" wine, beer, rum, vodka, whiskey?

What about coffee and sodas?

Laundry: If we are able to match our perks from Royal Caribbean, what loyalty level with Azamara gives you free laundry?  If not, how much is a bag of laundry? Thank you.

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

And try the included wines first.  We were very happy with them on our recent Azamara Caribbean cruise.  I can't tell you specifically what they were, because they were all Azamara labels. But they are identified by the variety and region.  Once or twice I had a glass that I didn't like, but when I ordered the same wine at a different bar, it was fine.  I think if you get one you don't like, it might have been stored or shipped improperly.  So don't make a decision based on one glass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

What are the basic alcoholic drinks included: "house" wine, beer, rum, vodka, whiskey?

Laundry: If we are able to match our perks from Royal Caribbean, what loyalty level with Azamara gives you free laundry?  If not, how much is a bag of laundry? Thank you.

Gordon’s & Beefeater gin, Famous Grouse whisky, Smirnoff & another vodka (can’t remember which). Can’t remember which rum either & no brandy is included. The wine seems to vary from cruise to cruise but I think there are two reds, 2 whites a rose and a sparkling wine included all the time. Sodas are included as are coffees including speciality coffees such as cappuccino , latte etc. Beer seems to change too - last I heard the draft was Carlsberg. I’m sure others will have more information.

Have a look at the Azamara topic Question about drinks package and cocktails too.

From Explorer up you get a free bag of laundry per 7 day cruise. On most cruises they do laundry bag offers - last time it was $40.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I think the other vodka is Finlandia, the rum is Bacardi, and Jim Beam bourbon.

The included rum used to be something other than Bacardi, not a name I’m familiar with, and not as nice either, as I recall.

20 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I could be wrong about the rum!

It’s been a while since I stopped drinking rum and Coke Zero, so things may have changed for the better on the rum, or with supply chain problems, maybe they can’t get whatever it was any more?

edited to add: some time ago, it used to be Mount Gay Eclipse rum, which was nice, but I seem to remember it changing. 

Edited by lisiamc

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

The wine seems to vary from cruise to cruise but I think there are two reds, 2 white

I think there are 4 reds (there were at Christmas), and at least three whites, one of which - the Matua Sauvignon Blanc was quite good.

20 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

It’s been a while since I stopped drinking rum and Coke Zero, so things may have changed for the better on the rum, or with supply chain problems, maybe they can’t get whatever it was any more?

edited to add: some time ago, it used to be Mount Gay Eclipse rum, which was nice, but I seem to remember it changing. 

We love Mount Gay Eclipse rum, but I’ve never seen it in the included package, in my somewhat limited Azamara experience.

3 hours ago, asnaleah said:

What is the included bottled water?

It varies. It’s often local from countries they’ve taken supplies on at. Never recognise the names on the bottle. The included sparkling water usually has minimal carbonation and isn’t that pleasant as it’s so flat 

• Thanks 1

Does Azamara handle entry visas in any ports?  Every cruise line I have sailed with so far has arranged entry for their passengers with the exception of those few ports of which we were notified, well in advance, to obtain visas on our own. We are booked on the Azamara Quest Spice Route in May 2023.  So far we haven't heard a word from Azamara about entry requirements for any of the ports. 

Azamara's website says, "It is the responsibility of the guests to obtain information on countries that require visas on your voyage and land program, and then to obtain the appropriate visa. Please contact the Embassy (Consular Services) of each country on your voyage or the visa service of your choice for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees based on your nationality." 

This would imply that we have to individually obtain visas for all 5 countries that the Quest will be visiting.  Am I interpreting it correctly?

Edited by islandwoman

23 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Included spirits and cocktails currently on Onward 20230121_141308.thumb.jpg.77e4abd5e156191ff81f515603367647.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Flor de Caña! That’s the name I couldn’t remember. Thanks for the photo @Bobal.

2 hours ago, uktog said:

It varies. It’s often local from countries they’ve taken supplies on at. Never recognise the names on the bottle. The included sparkling water usually has minimal carbonation and isn’t that pleasant as it’s so flat 

Thanks for pointing this out.  I thought I was the only one who found it flat!

2 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Does Azamara handle entry visas in any ports?  Every cruise line I have sailed with so far has arranged entry for their passengers with the exception of those few ports of which we were notified, well in advance, to obtain visas on our own. We are booked on the Azamara Quest Spice Route in May 2023.  So far we haven't heard a word from Azamara about entry requirements for any of the ports. 

Azamara's website says, "It is the responsibility of the guests to obtain information on countries that require visas on your voyage and land program, and then to obtain the appropriate visa. Please contact the Embassy (Consular Services) of each country on your voyage or the visa service of your choice for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees based on your nationality." 

This would imply that we have to individually obtain visas for all 5 countries that the Quest will be visiting.  Am I interpreting it correctly?

One thing that is certain is that you will need to organise Indian visas yourselves.

3 hours ago, islandwoman said:

I believe you are correct and on past trips I have obtained the necessary Visa directly unless specifically told otherwise. You appear to be a US resident and likely a citizen so you can find out what is required on  this site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/americans-traveling-abroad.html

Edited by luv2travel90266
spelling correction
  • Thanks 1