Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

5 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

There is always a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle the first evening, regardless of the headcount.

Yes, if you register for it (see the link to Meet & Mingle in the blue bar above) you will get an invitation in your cabin. You can also register through the ‘Booked’ page from the menu at the bottom of Azamara’s web page.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

No use getting up at 6 or going at midnight as it won’t be open. I think it opens at 7 and closes at 10. It does get fairly busy, but I’ve usually managed to get a machine and/or an iron. The other option is that they often offer a bag of laundry for $40, which is good value. The bags are not very big, but you can get a lot in them by rolling stuff tight.

6 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I’ve just updated the ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’ spreadsheet, including the information on the post above. Here’s a link to it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE

Your spreadsheet says dress is "smart casual"  but Azamara's website says dress is "resort casual".  

Edited by hubofhockey

2 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Hi, How could help me with tis issue: I have some pre-cruise OBC as well as later on board OBC. In case that I do not use my pre-cruise OBC for tours, can I use it on board with my on board OBC together?

I guess your pre-cruise OBC is from your TA. I haven’t heard of Azamara giving pre-cruise credit. If it is from your TA it’s better to ask them the question.

5 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I guess your pre-cruise OBC is from your TA. I haven’t heard of Azamara giving pre-cruise credit. If it is from your TA it’s better to ask them the question.

I have lots of pre-cruise OBC from Azamara: booking bonus + from the Enjoyment/Indulgence packages (two diff bookings, and all non-refundable).

It’s allowing me to book excursions ahead of time.

8 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Hi, How could help me with tis issue: I have some pre-cruise OBC as well as later on board OBC. In case that I do not use my pre-cruise OBC for tours, can I use it on board with my on board OBC together?

I think what you are saying is that you have OBC that you have received from booking bonus and promotions.  Certainly you can combine it with your onboard OBC.  I like using the pre-cruise OBC to book excursions before sailing.

8 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Hi lucas34,

I’m not aware of any OBC that is exclusively pre-cruise. Perhaps you are confusing that most OBC can now be used pre-cruise to sign up for tours.

If you don’t use it pre-cruise then, yes, you can use it onboard for whatever...spa, specialty restaurants, etc.

Sometimes Travel agents who give OBC do not set it up with the cruise line until just a few days before hand (saves them paying until late) and so for the cruiser it is as good as onboard only as it does not hit their voyage planner in time to use pr4e cruise

48 minutes ago, uktog said:

Sometimes Travel agents who give OBC do not set it up with the cruise line until just a few days before hand (saves them paying until late) and so for the cruiser it is as good as onboard only as it does not hit their voyage planner in time to use pr4e cruise

Yes, I did not see the OBC from my TA until I was actually on board.

• Like 1

Good morning all

I have a couple of questions that I haven't been able find the answers to:

If a departure is set for 5pm, what time does check-in/embarkation normally start?

Is there usually a wait at Discoveries to secure a table for two at around 6pm?
(not anti social but my wife doesn't speak English as a first language, meaning group conversations can be hard to follow or leave me having to translate certain things)

10 minutes ago, Robson1 said:

Good morning all

I have a couple of questions that I haven't been able find the answers to:

If a departure is set for 5pm, what time does check-in/embarkation normally start?

Is there usually a wait at Discoveries to secure a table for two at around 6pm?
(not anti social but my wife doesn't speak English as a first language, meaning group conversations can be hard to follow or leave me having to translate certain things)

Check-in - 11 - 11:30 - cabins usually aren't ready until 1-1:30

Just got off the Quest - no problem getting a table at 6.  Most people start coming in 6:30-7.

We will be on Quest in October.  I think they use pagers if there is not space in the MDR, is this correct?  Also can I ask what time(s) we are likely to need a pager if we are happy to sit at a table of any size.

I assume from the previous question that tables for two will not be available after 6.30pm to 7pm, but I assume it will get better if you go into the MDR later - but how late would we need to be so we do not need a pager?