Disappearing OBC

Anyone else seeing their OBC disappearing? Upcoming cruises in September and November...received emails with updated docs showing OBC gone or reduced. Haven’t had a chance to call C&A yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone else seeing their OBC disappearing? Upcoming cruises in September and November...received emails with updated docs showing OBC gone or reduced. Haven’t had a chance to call C&A yet.

Have you made any changes to your reservation? If you make changes you loose what you had under the old promotion ang get whatever is being offered when the change was made.

Have you made any changes to your reservation? If you make changes you loose what you had under the old promotion ang get whatever is being offered when the change was made.

No changes made since booking.

Not sure why you would have got updated docs without making changes. Do you mean an updated Invoice?

I checked mine it’s all there

Not sure why you would have got updated docs without making changes. Do you mean an updated Invoice?

Yes. Made no changes or any payments as they’re both paid in full.

Did you book using a non-refundable deposit?

It has been reported that RCCL is doing away with any on board credit if the reservation was done using the non-refundable option. Not sure if it would affect those who reserved prior to the new policy going into affect or not but I would give them a call to find out.

Jim.

Did you book using a non-refundable deposit?

It has been reported that RCCL is doing away with any on board credit if the reservation was done using the non-refundable option. Not sure if it would affect those who reserved prior to the new policy going into affect or not but I would give them a call to find out.

Jim.

We lost $75 OBC on our cruise in March 2019.........not sure why yet. I have an email in to my travel agent, but she is away till next week on vacation.....no rush so I will just wait for her rather then get another agent at the agency. It can wait.

I would think that OBC would be grandfathered in and stay cause we booked this cruise a year and a half ago before the new change.

The travel agency invoice shows the $525 OBC, but my cruise section shows only $450 and we have not used any of yet for any purchases.

Jimbo:)

We booked through a TA--that paper work shows $575 on board ship credit. Where can I see the credit on Royal website?

You cannot see OBC from a travel agent on Royal's website or Royal paperwork. That is between you and the travel agent, and will normally show up in your onboard account on the second day of the cruise.

Thanks Bob---If the ship credit comes from TA and Amex, can I get cash on the last day if I don't use all of it?

Probably. However, sometimes a travel agent passes on some OBC from the cruise line. This would be typical of a group booking, whereby the TA could pass on OBC from the group amenity program.

Basically, anything directly from the travel agent is refundable, anything from the cruise line is not.

You cannot see OBC from a travel agent on Royal's website or Royal paperwork. That is between you and the travel agent, and will normally show up in your onboard account on the second day of the cruise.

Just curious, why it doesn't appear till 2nd day.

We have a list of things big box TA is giving us including $50 obc ...Will it be 2nd day for All things to appear ( i.e specialty restaurant and soda package)

... Another question, since these things are between me and TA , I assume there is NO purpose running down to customer service desk to ask ... If one of the items isn't there. I would need to call TA, but by 2nd day we're at sea :eek::rolleyes:

Just curious, why it doesn't appear till 2nd day.

We have a list of things big box TA is giving us including $50 obc ...Will it be 2nd day for All things to appear ( i.e specialty restaurant and soda package)

... Another question, since these things are between me and TA , I assume there is NO purpose running down to customer service desk to ask ... If one of the items isn't there. I would need to call TA, but by 2nd day we're at sea :eek::rolleyes:

The OBC from the travel agent is what normally appears on the second day. Soda package should be on your account when you board. Specialty restaurant depends on the specific terms, read the fine print from the travel agent on that.

I'd make sure you have the travel agent's email address so you can communicate without having to make a phone call.

The OBC from the travel agent is what normally appears on the second day. Soda package should be on your account when you board. Specialty restaurant depends on the specific terms, read the fine print from the travel agent on that.

I'd make sure you have the travel agent's email address so you can communicate without having to make a phone call.

We never get obc from RC because they won't combine obc offers with the D+ balcony discount.

My TA gets around this by prepaying our gratuities.

The prepaid gratuities always appear on RC confirmation invoices.

This concerns me. I have $100 OBC, one free specialty restaurant and prepaid gratuities as perks from big box cruise TA. So now I'm not going to see it until 2nd day?!?!?

I was hoping to see it when my edocs were ready. Yeah not happy about this. I think budget for gratuities. I don't want any surprises.

I disconnect on vacay so emailing or calling is not an option for me.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully, its much ado about nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

This concerns me. I have $100 OBC, one free specialty restaurant and prepaid gratuities as perks from big box cruise TA. So now I'm not going to see it until 2nd day?!?!?

I was hoping to see it when my edocs were ready. Yeah not happy about this. I think budget for gratuities. I don't want any surprises.

I disconnect on vacay so emailing or calling is not an option for me.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully, its much ado about nothing.

I think you will see prepaid gratuities on your Royal booking confirmation. Ask your travel agent to send you Royal's Guest Copy of your bookign confirmation.

Specialty restaurant is something for which you should get details from your travel agent. Many times there are restrictions, like it might have to be reserved on board, port days only, etc.

It's the OBC from the agent that usually takes until day 2 to see.

That happened to us as well. Originally OBC showed $550 but after final payment dropped $200.TA said that we booked under a WOW deal and nothing is combinable.

I would be getting a new TA with that big of a mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Forums