Price drop after final payment

fjrlady

We are booked on the partial transit Panama Canal for October 8, 2018. The price now is about $500 per person less than when we booked. Has anyone successfully gotten a price reduction after final payment?

Our TA went to bat for us when there was a major drop in price after final payment and Princess gave us an upgrade. In reality, it wasn't much--just a lower category of balcony cabin to a higher one--but it did make us feel better.

last time we were going to be a party of 4 in obstructed ov room for a cruise tour, after final payment the price dropped down, our Princess rep went to bat for us and we managed to get 2 balcony rooms side by side, granted the options were far forward or far aft, we switched, and we received still received a little bit of a refund. Needless to say we were thrilled.

Check your T&C in the contract. Depending on what you booked you'll have different penalties. Once you know the penalty you'll be in a better spot to consider your options. Also price out upgrades as you may be able to upgrade to a better category for little or no additional cost.

Our upcoming October cruise dropped in price just this last weekend (final payment already made). I searched comments from others about this and it looked as IF we were lucky we might get an cabin upgrade (equal to the price we paid), or most comments said a 50% refund for the price drop in the form of OBC instead.

I really wasn't sure it was worth the hassle, but I decided to call my TA Monday. By my calculations the price drop was only about $100 (we had booked a pretty cheap "standby sale promotion" just about 10 days earlier). To my surprise, Princess was extremely accommodating. They gave us our choice of a cabin upgrade from Inside to Obstructed Outside, or they would reprice the trip and give us a refund for the difference to our credit card. Princess said there was a "new" email sale price which had not even been sent yet which were eligible for and if we stayed in our current cabin, they would refund us over $250. This was so much better that what I has hoping for, and well worth the phone call.

I live by the philosophy - you never know unless you ask, and the worse they can do is say no. So... Call your travel agent if you used one, or call Princess if you booked directly. I hope you have as good of luck as we did!

Our Oct cruise had a price reduction after final payment that would have saved us over $500. I took a screen shot and sent it to my TA requesting he try to get us some OBC but he never even responded to me. He's been a horrible TA and it has taken 3-4 emails and 2 weeks to get anything from him. Needless to say, I will NEVER be using him again! If only we were allowed to give references for GOOD TAs on here.....

Yes I got about a $500 rebate on each of two fully paid cruises coming soon and a $1;000 reduction on a future cruise last night by making a three minute call to Princess. I watch weekly but obviously miss on occasion. I just ask them to check for lowest price on me cruises while retaining same perks and cabins. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I got about a $500 rebate on each of two fully paid cruises coming soon and a $1;000 reduction on a future cruise last night by making a three minute call to Princess. I watch weekly but obviously miss on occasion. I just ask them to check for lowest price on me cruises while retaining same perks and cabins. Mike

I am the TA. Mike

Thanks for posting. It made me think about calling my travel agent about the price reduction now that we've made the final payment on our October cruise. Princess offered us a price adjustment (but we would loose our OBC and drink package) or an upgrade. Decided to take the upgrade.

Fire the TA - that will get its' attention...:evilsmile:

My TA fired ME because I asked for too many price adjustments. Not kidding. She sent me an email wanting to release a future cruise I had booked with her. I did that and going forward I have used other TA’s or booked directly with Princess. The fact that they are supposed to be our advocate as well as do their job seems to be an inconvenience to some of them. By the way, even if I am using a TA, I will often speak directly with Princess with some excellent results.

My TA fired ME because I asked for too many price adjustments. Not kidding.

Obviously not a TA who wants your future business. Since every reduction in cost for you was likely a reduction in commission for her, she did not want to make all the extra effort for lower reward.

My TA always says at final payment time she will check for lower pricing before putting the payment through. That is how a TA that wants future business works.

We are booked on an Oct cruise as well, shortly after we booked there was a price decrease and our TA called and got us upgraded to a balcony deluxe which was higher category and also a refund with cheaper price. It never hurts to call and ask.