ms Amsterdam Pinnacle Grill Lunch

This most recent cruise we decided to finally have lunch at the Pinnacle Grill for a price of $10.00 USD per person, which is further discounted 25% for 3-Star Mariners and 50% for 4-Star and 5-Star Mariners.

Hands down, it was my favorite dining experience on this cruise.

079a426c4edf842dba4ff897dc9d00ac.jpg

A sneak peek into the Pinnacle Grill located on Deck 4. There are no windows looking outside in the Pinnacle Grill on the ms Amsterdam, at least none we could see.

429adabd6ec7511c867e35b96e01da38.jpg

The table setting was modern and elegant, and the menu was beautiful. I couldn’t wait to look inside.

85f7f797f8a1d72783ba90c198525b25.jpg

6e1898b525ab35536f1ae4445ca591a6.jpg60bd1d9ce7ad0f600347e5ba5bbc1cd6.jpg

e3f6fc699e4685d1283d9b7fbeb7c969.jpg

As we looked over the menu, we were brought a selection of bread. The sesame crackers are very crispy and had a nice balanced flavor.

Continued in next post...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Click.Write.Post.

For lunch we ordered...

c28482eeefad238db7a7bacee1c254a7.jpg

Spinach Arugula Salad, I ordered mine without Gorgonzola.

422b25de099f7ebf748ffad61efb51e8.jpg

Pinnacle Burger, served open face but we stacked it to eat and smashed the avocado for easier eating. This burger was fantastic! I wanted another one. [emoji4] Our dining steward asked if we wanted the burger medium or medium-well. We ordered it medium-well, but it was closer to medium when served.

3bcd8ac18a57d1d8de39a85c51c7f9a5.jpg

Beef Tri-Tip Sandwich with Caramelized Red Onions. We were not asked how we would like the meat cooked, and it was closer to medium-rare to medium. This sandwich was messy to eat. If we ordered it again we would enjoy it deconstructed, eating the meat and onions separate from the bread. We only had a few bites of the tabbouleh salad as we were starting to fill up and still had coffee and dessert to go.

Continued in next post...

Dessert was another winner!

583d9e2ece356032a9f7ed8df7ef1ed3.jpg

Warm Fudge Brownie with coffee gelato and popcorn crunch. The brownie was very rich so it was nice to pair it with the gelato and cleanse our palate between bites with the popcorn crunch.

de7e0b36524e3d644704f1c6d57302e8.jpg

Coconut Trifle with lime and pistachio. We didn’t pick up on any flavor except for chocolate. It could have been we were chocolate overloaded from the brownie.

953044b20d0a07f779b7b6bd4a273ede.jpg

A trio tasting. Mango gelée bites, passion fruit white chocolate truffles (our favorite), and dark chocolate.

a4a852f864c41ef3a4e4bdffbab680fd.jpg

Coffee, Beukenhorst coffee. This coffee was amazing. Easily the best cup of coffee I have ever had and not available in the Pinnacle Grill. This is not the French press version, which is even stronger than this brew according to the dining steward.

ab675e328186557ba2c09de2150f7c5b.jpg

I loved the coffee so much that our steward sent me with one to go. [emoji7]

I would pay $10.00 ($7.50 for my Mariner status) for this coffee and skip the rest of lunch, but skipping lunch in the Pinnacle Grill would be crazy of me. [emoji6]

Thank you very much for the information and pictures of the Pinnacle Grill lunch. We have never tried it, thinking it was way too much to eat, but as someone suggested in an earlier thread today, if you have the lunch, you can probably skip the MDR dinner that night and have something lighter from room service.

After seeing the menu and pictures, that might be a good idea!:D

P.S. Forgot to ask, what are the lunch dining hours?

Thank you very much for the information and pictures of the Pinnacle Grill lunch. We have never tried it, thinking it was way too much to eat, but as someone suggested in an earlier thread today, if you have the lunch, you can probably skip the MDR dinner that night and have something lighter from room service.

After seeing the menu and pictures, that might be a good idea!:D

P.S. Forgot to ask, what are the lunch dining hours?

Our lunch reservation was for 12:30. I looked for the next sea day and I could make one online for 12:15, I wish I had!

We had a light breakfast (in-room dining) and then a light dinner in the Lido on the day we ate in the Pinnacle Grill for lunch. If I remember correctly it was the first gala night too, but the Menu didn’t appeal to us. The Lido was pretty empty so it worked out quite well. :)

We also discovered the Pinnacle Grill lunch on our last HAL cruise and definitely plan to do this on our next cruise in December. Actually we are not that fond of Pinnacle for dinner but just love it for lunch and with extra 25% Mariner discount will consider it a deal. Will just do salad in Lido for dinner am sure. Definitely won't do MDR. Looking forward to our Koningsdam cruise as it offers so many new specialty dining venues for us. Thanks for posting all the great pics. MMMMM looks so good.

Jane

The "trio tasting" seems odd; I remember "petit fours" with 4 different choices (I know "petit fours" means "small oven" in French and not 4 small pastries).

We have always thought lunch at the Pinnacle Grill was one of the best deals offered and have enjoyed it many times.

Thanks OP for the nicely done review. :)

Thanks for the great photos and descriptions. Lovely to see!

Next time, you might give the pavlova a try. Having had the "trifle" (which was not the chocolate one you had), I'd say the pavlova is 1000 times better!

Glad you enjoyed your lunch!!

I love that strawberry pavlova so much that I have sometimes successfully coaxed them to make that for me at dinner (it's only on the lunch menu, not on the dinner menu). Doesn't always work, but I always try ;).

We also discovered the Pinnacle Grill lunch on our last HAL cruise and definitely plan to do this on our next cruise in December. Actually we are not that fond of Pinnacle for dinner but just love it for lunch and with extra 25% Mariner discount will consider it a deal. Will just do salad in Lido for dinner am sure. Definitely won't do MDR. Looking forward to our Koningsdam cruise as it offers so many new specialty dining venues for us. Thanks for posting all the great pics. MMMMM looks so good.

Jane

I avoided the Pinnacle Grill for lunch because on my first cruise in 2010 I had dinner in the Pinnacle Grill and it wasn’t up to par. Kicking myself for not trying that lunch special sooner. I guess I will just have to book another cruise and yes, on the Koningsdam to boot. ;)

96cd0f98f1ca1c12501b500f40782f6a.jpg

This is what I had for dinner after lunch in the PG. I didn’t eat much of the steak as I recall.

Thanks for the great photos and descriptions. Lovely to see!

Next time, you might give the pavlova a try. Having had the "trifle" (which was not the chocolate one you had), I'd say the pavlova is 1000 times better!

Glad you enjoyed your lunch!!

Mission accepted. ;)

I love that strawberry pavlova so much that I have sometimes successfully coaxed them to make that for me at dinner (it's only on the lunch menu, not on the dinner menu). Doesn't always work, but I always try ;).

Oh, wow! That is good to know. I'm filing that away for the next cruise!

Oh, wow! That is good to know. I'm filing that away for the next cruise!

Here's a sneaky tip: If they demur about making the pavlova for me at dinner, I tell them (in a whiny voice) "Well, they've always done it for me before on the other ships". Just so's you know -- the behavior I have just described is really not in my nature. But I can rationalize it if it results in their capitulation. As a fellow pavlova connoisseur, I'm sure you'll understand. :):)

OP, thanks for the informative review. You’ve convinced me to PG lunch on our next cruise.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I want to try the tandoori chicken the next time, and have another burger, and brownie, and COFFEE, oh that coffee was good! :)

Here's a sneaky tip: If they demur about making the pavlova for me at dinner, I tell them (in a whiny voice) "Well, they've always done it for me before on the other ships". Just so's you know -- the behavior I have just described is really not in my nature. But I can rationalize it if it results in their capitulation. As a fellow pavlova connoisseur, I'm sure you'll understand. :):)

Excellent and yes, I do understand, completely. Wouldn't be in my nature either, but.... if you can, I can.

Thanks for the idea and enjoy your pavlova!!