Specialty Dining Mariners Discount

mrspeck

I am not Kazu, yet reading through this in context, I do not see any insinuation on her part (or by anyone) that HAL is insolvent, etc. Rather, the sentence before what was excerpted above reads, "I suspect the paper-work is too much for them".

This is accordingly in context with that poster's reference to and discussion (in another thread) of her having experienced an inconsistent application of Mariner's benefits. This is what I believe was intended to be referenced in her post in this thread--at least it read clearly that way to me.

Hopefully that puts that matter to rest. If not, well, I tried.

This is what I believe was intended to be referenced in her post in this thread--at least it read clearly that way to me.

It read that way to me, too. I'm sure we're not the only ones, either.

If I were a betting man, I'd give fairly long odds against either of us getting a direct answer to our question regarding the unsubstantiated innuendo about HAL's alleged inability to meet its 5* Mariner benefit obligations. (yn):cool:

:) :D Ya think? :)

I am not Kazu, yet reading through this in context, I do not see any insinuation on her part (or by anyone) that HAL is insolvent, etc. Rather, the sentence before what was excerpted above reads, "I suspect the paper-work is too much for them".

This is accordingly in context with that poster's reference to and discussion (in another thread) of her having experienced an inconsistent application of Mariner's benefits. This is what I believe was intended to be referenced in her post in this thread--at least it read clearly that way to me.

Hopefully that puts that matter to rest. If not, well, I tried.

Exactly :)

Exactly :)

Exactly. Seems that some folk have a comprehension issue and have a difficult time in taking in too much info at the same time. :rolleyes:

Me too.

It’s just another case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. That’s always been an issue on HAL in more areas than one. Things vary from ship to ship and on the same ship, depending on who you are talking to.

She has made no more posts on the subject. Ruth C seems to agree with our understanding of Kazu's comment

No, RuthC does not agree with your understanding, and posted as much.

If the "She" in your first sentence refers to Kazu, then she has made another post on the subject, attesting that ON Cruiser, and I, interpreted her post correctly.

Thank you; we've never had lunch in the Pinnacle Grill before, so I thought we might try it on our upcoming cruise, but wasn't sure if the discount applied or not.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

In our opinion, even at full price, the PG lunch is a great value. And lovely way to start a lazy sea-day afternoon :)

In our opinion, even at full price, the PG lunch is a great value. And lovely way to start a lazy sea-day afternoon

I think you're right - it's only $10 per person, correct? We are definitely going to try out their lunch menu in a couple of months!

I think you're right - it's only $10 per person, correct? We are definitely going to try out their lunch menu in a couple of months!

Correct, and with your 4-star discount, it is actually $5 per person ... a great deal!

In our opinion, even at full price, the PG lunch is a great value. And lovely way to start a lazy sea-day afternoon :)

Correct, and with your 4-star discount, it is actually $5 per person ... a great deal!

Totally agree :D. PG lunch is the best deal on board IMO :)

We become 4* half way through our next cruise. Will we get the next * benefits on the rest of the cruise or do we need to wait until our next one? It is a B2B that we booked as a whole.

From Mariner FAQ's:

Q: If I become eligible for a higher benefit tier while onboard, when can I take advantage of the additional benefits?

A: For all cruises except Grand Voyages, your elevated benefits will take effect on your next Holland America Line cruise. If you cross a star level threshold while on board a Grand Voyage (based on days sailed), you will be upgraded to your new star level for the remainder of that voyage.

However, exceptions have been made when only actual days on board B2Bs are needed (not spending bonus days) in order to cross the threshold. Call the Mariner society if that is the case, and they will send you a letter or email to be given to the ship front desk, approving upgrading you for the second segment of your B2B.

p.s. - I'm not sure whether any suite bonus days factor into that. Say you are 10 days short, in a suite, and your first segment is 7 days. I don't think they will okay the upgrade in that case, and you would have to be short 7 days or less.

Edited by catl331