Specialty Dining Mariners Discount

mrspeck

My DW and I will be sailing with my mother and aunt. My DW and I in one cabin and the other two sharing a separate cabin. If I book and charge specialty dining for all four of us to my cabin will I receive my mariners discount on all four dinners or just for the two of us that qualify by mariner status?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't believe they will let you charge both rooms to your account. We had this problem when we traveled with family too. Only one cabin will get the discount. It also is reflected if one family has a drink package

I got the full discount for all ten of us booked in five cabins. We were the only ones who got a Mariner discount and we were paying for all. Just book in advance (and pay) either by booking online or by calling Ship Services. You should get the discounted amount posted to your shipboard account.

So if I book and prepay, I will see a credit for the percentage off on my shipboard account once onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you get the discount for all four people. It will show up on your first day's statement as a "Loyalty" credit.

If you plan to go to the Sel de Mer specialty dinner, it is probably better to book once you are on board, and confirm with the Pinnacle Manager that they know it is included in the Mariner's discount. Some people have had difficulty getting the discount.

If you plan to go to the Sel de Mer specialty dinner, it is probably better to book once you are on board, and confirm with the Pinnacle Manager that they know it is included in the Mariner's discount. Some people have had difficulty getting the discount.
I presume you are talking about the pop-up SdM in the PG. We had no problem in the permanent SdM on the K-dam.

Being only a 1-Star Mariner, I don’t know anything about the discount and how it works. But is this possibly the reason we were given a 25% discount when we dined in Pinnacle Grill on night #3 of a sailing? I did notice there was a 25% reduction to dine the first night of the cruise (which we received in Canaletto), but was wondering why we were given the same percentage reduction on night #3.

For what it’s worth, these reservations were made on board, not in advance.

... If I book and charge specialty dining for all four of us to my cabin will I receive my mariners discount on all four dinners or just for the two of us that qualify by mariner status?...

I don't believe they will let you charge both rooms to your account. We had this problem when we traveled with family too. Only one cabin will get the discount. It also is reflected if one family has a drink package

Our experience (on several HAL cruises) has been exactly the opposite of yours, ToBe. We regularly make (& pay for) meal reservations for ourselves and our traveling companions (mostly extended family members) in the specialty restaurants, and we have always received our appropriate Mariner discount credit on our shipboard account. In fact, I do not even give the names or stateroom numbers of our guests when I make the reservations.

You don't even have to let them know the other stateroom numbers.

Exactly. Book ghe reservagion in your nme, for fur persons nds youw il get the discounted pricr for l mens. We have hosted otgher st Pinnlce and Tmarind dinners and always had the discount automatically applied.

I have always hosted a group of friends the speciality restaurants, and I gave the room number, the guests name. My discount applied to the entire meal. Enjoy your cruise and the speciality restaurants.

WE Never gave guests names or cabin number. We are paying the bill and no one in Pinnacle needs to know their r names or cabin number. Why would they need to know?

Edited by sail7seas

Sail, they wanted to know who I was paying for so that the guest would not receive a charge on their bill.

If you took he whole bill, as did we, f they not charge anhyone else FOR ANYTHING. There was no balance owing. They did not ask u for our guests' names or cabins and we would w not have said. Tthey had no need to know as long as we comitted to PAY TH WHOLE bill. They had no need t o know and they did not ask.

My DH went to pinnacle manager and asked for reservtgion on stated evening and time for howeverr many people. Hhe made it clear to Manager, ewveryone was to be served whatever they wanted for food, and drink or whtever tghe bill was to be given to DH. EASY Where was any need for names of or guests?

Edited by sail7seas

When you sit in a lounge with guests. if you ask for the bill, pay for the whole group, they do not need to know the names of with whom you are drinking.

Edited by sail7seas

I agree with Sail7Seas. When we travel with DW's dad (2 star Mariner) we book the reservations for specialty dining. Since we're 4*, we get the 50% discount. We just make the reservation for a party of three. It's billed to our folio. The meals are our treat, but if you were booking for friends, just have them pay you or buy you some drinks or something so it evens out.

Sail, they wanted to know who I was paying for so that the guest would not receive a charge on their bill.
You made me go look it up. Last time we pre-booked the Tamarind for four people they asked for names of Guest 1 and Guest 2 ... both of us in the same cabin ... but not for the names of the 3rd and 4th. Strange! :p