What person amenities will my cabin have?

Anthem 9/6/18 is my first cruise, so please be kind.

Will my cabin have a hair dryer or may I bring one? Will there be the usual hotel-size shampoo and shower soap, or must I bring my own?

How to people get clothes pressed after being wrinkled up in the suitcase? If the only way is there service, what does it cost to get a jacket pressed? A shirt? A pair of pants? Or is the wrinkled look the height of good fashion?

Yes, there will be a hair dryer, but they aren't the best. If you have exceptionally thick hair, you may want to bring your own. Standard staterooms have an all-purpose hair and shower gel dispenser in the shower. Many (including me) don't care for it, and bring their own soaps and shampoos. Suites have small bottles of soaps and shampoos. A small can of wrinkle release spray works wonders on wrinkles. Or, you can just go with it and not worry too much over a couple of wrinkles - you're on vacation ... relax and enjoy it. :D

In the cabin there is also a couple of bars of soap - one on the sink, one in the shower.

I've never sent anything out to be pressed - I usually hang items up in the bathroom and hope the steam sorts it out!

The hair dryer is ok but not the best. You have to hold the button down whilst using it and it's not very powerful

Enjoy your cruise

That laundry price sheet is appreciated - and it's funny in its way. They want $4 to wash and fold a short sleeve shirt. I live in a community with many stores that sell famous brand overstocks. I pay $5 for a new shirt. They want $2 to wash my $1 socks.

I guess I'll just bring a few more.:D clear.png?emoji-grin-1677:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

That laundry price sheet is appreciated - and it's funny in its way. They want $4 to wash and fold a short sleeve shirt. I live in a community with many stores that sell famous brand overstocks. I pay $5 for a new shirt. They want $2 to wash my $1 socks.

I guess I'll just bring a few more.:D clear.png?emoji-grin-1677:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

There is also a wash & fold bag normally offered for $35. All you can fit in the bag, limited to socks, underwear, t-shirts, shorts, pajamas.

Will my cabin have a hair dryer or may I bring one? Will there be the usual hotel-size shampoo and shower soap, or must I bring my own?

How to people get clothes pressed after being wrinkled up in the suitcase? If the only way is there service, what does it cost to get a jacket pressed? A shirt? A pair of pants? Or is the wrinkled look the height of good fashion?

the provided hair dryer sucks and must be continuously pressed to stay on.

non suites have an all in one goop in the shower plus bar soap. suites will have individual bottles of shampoo conditioner, body wash and lotion. the all in one goop is good to rinse out the bathing suits and undies.

pressing is half the cost of dry cleaning. but quite frankly, pack correctly and there will be minimal wrinkles. or bring wrinkle release spray and hang in the bathroom during a shower. the prices are actually decent, and in fact can cost less for my husband to get his tux shirt done than it does at home.

Three words - Downy Wrinkle Release. Worked great on our last trip.

Assuming you're in a regular balcony cabin (not concierge or suite). If that's the case, then two small bars of soap (great for washing your hands). Shower has wall-mounted dispenser of all-in-one. I always bring my own everything.

Small hairdryer in the desk, which is where you have to use it (only bathroom outlet is for razors). Adequate for short or fine hair. You can definitely bring your own.

Have fun!

Thanks for all that help. Because this is my first cruise, still two weeks away, my bag has been packed since mid-July. Who's excited? OK. I'm excited. Can I call the Uber now? Are we there yet?

FYI - you won't outgrow that. :') I have my 8th cruise coming up and I still get that excited.

Thanks for all that help. Because this is my first cruise, still two weeks away, my bag has been packed since mid-July. Who's excited? OK. I'm excited. Can I call the Uber now? Are we there yet?

Lol - well, I was thinking your clothes would only be packed a few hour, but I guess not. My sister is always packed weeks in advance so I do get it. In any event, since you’re not flying, just pack extra. I rely on fabric that doesn’t wrinkle. If something has a few creases just spritz with a little water and hold the hairdryer on it. Wrinkles gone.

Always can wash a few things in sink and hang. Think most people travel with easy care clothes that don't need ironing.

I grew up in Jersey City on the west bank of the Hudson, directly opposite the World Trade Center. I used to see all the great ships come and go when the harbor was much busier with commercial traffic than it is today. The entire shore line was one dock after another, for miles. I remember seeing the Queen Mary and the Queen Elizabeth, the Ille de France and even saw the ill-fated Normandy sitting on it's side over on the Manhattan side, all through WW2.

My paternal grandfather was a Master Harbor pilot in the days when sailing vessels where as common as steamers. My father's first job was as a deckhand on the tugs that move the ships around the harbor.

But for some reason, I never was curious to take a cruise - until now. Maybe it was the 14 days I spent mostly below decks, crossing the North Atlantic in a troop ship during a horrific series of storms, returning from service in Germany. I think we went as much upwards, downwards, backwards and sideways as we did forward.

It's great that there is a community of seasoned sailors to assure me this will be a more fun experience.

I hate the blowdryers in the cabin, always bring my own. Also like my own toiletries, so bring them also.

I use Downy Wrinkle Release all the time to take wrinkles out of clothes. That and/or hang them in the bathroom while showering. Steam works great.