Cheers to $20 max drink?

JaxsMama

When did Cheers change from a $50 max drink to $20 max? I've never found a drink that expensive but I was hoping one day I would find that extra expensive glass of champs.

I have not seen or heard of this change until your post. Thank you for educating and updating me. I am just getting ready to book cheers for our cruise in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not heard this, but straight from the Carnival website: The following beverages are available within the CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $20 USD or lower menu price per serving

Hmmph. I hadn't noticed that change, but I'm sure it was discussed ad nauseum here when it occurred.

I seem to recall there may have been a single malt scotch at the Steakhouse or something that might have been that expensive.

Well, look at that! I guess this is a recent change, and this is the first it has been discussed here! I just scoured through the forum and found no mention of the price-limit change.

In practicality, it probably doesn't affect me, but I wonder if there are certain high-priced drinks that just went up in price, and this will now exclude them?

It must be a recent change. I purchased out Cheers Monday and it still said $50. Not a big deal as last cruise I never saw anything by the glass close to $50 anyways. All my drinks were around the $10-$15 price range. Still a great deal IMO.

Here's the google cache of the cheers program page as of Aug 21st 2018 (3 days ago)

This is before they changed it and still shows the $50 per drink

I've printed mine out on paper to take with me as my almost 1,000 purchase was for this product, not whatever it was changed to.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Txd1rNRlBysJ:https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/sqa/cheers+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edited by Moparfiend