Can you make a 10:45 flight out of Fort Lauderdale leaving the Bliss?

iuac1

I would NOT book anything out of Fort Lauderdale before 1:30 P.M.

If all goes well and The Bliss docks on time and it is cleared to disembark promptly that would be about 7:45 or so. Then you have to clear Customs which can be a real hassle. Then get transportation to Lauderdale promptly. Because of the number of cruise ships disembarking both in Miami and Lauderdale at the same time, Lauderdale check-in could be a nightmare all by itself. Did it once coming off The Getaway never again will I fly out of Lauderdale.

The ship is scheduled to arrive at 8:00 am. That being said, self walk-off is likely to start around 7:30 if everything is on time. 2500 people will be self-walking-off, so you'll need to get in line early. You could be on the curb by 8:00 at FLL around 8:45. Best case.

Early morning weekend traffic on 95 is usually not bad. "Usually" is the key word here. Accidents are on 95 every day that close the entire interstate or several lanes. As I mentioned, there is a very good chance with nothing major happening. If the ship gets in late or Customs is backlogged that would affect the timing too.

I am hesitant to say yes simply because we have no experience at this time about how Bliss disembarkation is going to work in FLL. If you were docking in MIA I would not hesitate to say that flight is easy to make. FLL is probably just the same, even if you don't rush off the ship, especially if you have pre-check.

We are cruising on the Bliss in January and trying to book a return flight. What time can you disembark? Does the Bliss have the walk-off early disembarkation?

Oh no definitely not! We live in South Florida and traffic can be very unpredictable! You are docking in Miami and you want to fly out of Ft. Lauderdale correct? On a good day, it's about a 45 min drive. Between possible delays disembarking/sheer number of people disembarking, the number of people going through customs, transportation, possible traffic getting to FLL, security at FLL....yikes - I would see if you can book a later one! ;);)

I've made 10 am flights on several occasions with plenty of time to spare. It's 20 minutes from the pier to FLL. Plan on doing the walkoff with the first or second group.

20 minutes? It is 30 miles from the pier to FLL, not possible in 20 minutes.

I am hesitant to say yes simply because we have no experience at this time about how Bliss disembarkation is going to work in FLL. If you were docking in MIA I would not hesitate to say that flight is easy to make. FLL is probably just the same, even if you don't rush off the ship, especially if you have pre-check.

OP Having seen some other posts after my quoted reply I now realize that Bliss is docking in MIA, not in FLL. There is almost no way at all to make a 10:45 flight in FLL from MIA. You are going to need to be at FLL no later than 9:00 a.m. to check in and get through security and you may not even be off the ship by then.

Could be done if everything goes without a hitch. Off ship approx 7:30. Grabbing first available cab from Port of Miami to Ft Lauderdale airport is 40 minutes with no traffic delays.. That will get you at airport approx 8:30-8:45. Your check in is about an hour before departure. . BUT should you run into any problems at the port or on I-95, you may not get to airport til 9:30-10:00AM. I live 20 minutes from Miami Airport, \Traveling to Ft Lauderdale Airport can sometimes take me 50- 90 minutes, with traffic delays. Would suggest a noon departure or later . Safe travels.

Yes, it can easily be done if planned correctly and nothing major goes wrong. One in our party easily made a 10:20 flight after disembarking the Espace in February. Our gates were actually the same and we sat around for 90 minutes or so waiting for her flight before waiting another hour for ours.

First of all, is there any chance you are in the Haven? This makes things much easier if you are. If not, get in line EARLY to get off of the ship. We always arrange for transportation to take us to FLL -- we've been using Larry's Limos. This year there was a MAJOR accident on I-95 and it was closed. Our driver took us up Route 1 and it added some time onto our drive, but we were still at the airport by 8:30.

It is also helpful to have TSA PreCheck -- this will help avoid some lines.

We haven't had a flight after noon out of FLL for several years. While I wouldn't book a flight before 11:00 or 11:30, I would consider an earlier one if the other options were horrible. We fly Southwest, and let's be honest -- FLL is like being stuck in purgatory (even the new section). We want to spend as little time there as possible.

But, if you book an early flight, you just have to go in with the knowledge that if something DOES go wrong, you're going to have less room for negotiation.

Can you make the flight if things go as they should? Without a doubt, yes. The last two years we have been at FLL by 8:30. You just have to decide if the risk is worth it.

We are cruising on the Bliss in January and trying to book a return flight. What time can you disembark? Does the Bliss have the walk-off early disembarkation?

I wouldn't try anything much before noon. Too many things can go wrong. Delays in arrival, delays clearing the ship, traffic from the port clear to Fort Lauderdale, etc.

Just remember you have to be at the airport two hours before the flight and if something goes wrong you are in trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did self debarkation from Miami (NCL Escape) in 2016 and were at the airport (FLL) by 9:15.

Self debarkation is gettting more and more popular which slows down the process, something else to factor in.

Can you make it -sure, but why put extra stress on yourself?

Have a plan B if you do early flight and don't make it.

I booked a 12:05 p.m. flight out of Fort Lauderdale, after arriving in Miami on the Getaway for a January cruise and was really hesitant to do that. It's on Southwest, and I first booked a 7 p.m. ish flight that was direct/non-stop but didn't get us home till like 9:30 p.m. But that was such a long wait that I talked to my family to see if they would agree to pack light, self disembark, do a transfer of planes in Washington D.C. and be willing to take the risk that we might miss our flight to arrive home about four hours earlier, and they said yes.

It is nice that at the airport in Fort Lauderdale on weekends that they have a little bus that takes you in and out of Fort Lauderdale from the airport, but we did that two years ago, the last time we cruised. I considered renting a car for a few hours and an excursion too near the airport in Fort Lauderdale of visiting an mansion and some gardens (That was my original plan for killing some time). This is on a Sunday and I, for example, already scheduled to be off of work on Monday.

I have only once gotten off a NCL cruise and then taken transportation to Fort Lauderdale. Then we had a late flight, so did not do the self disembark, were taking our time, and got to Fort Lauderdale at about 10:30 a.m. We also had some trouble finding one of our bags as it ended up somewhere other than the number we were told to go to, to collect it.

Any plan B alternatives that don't look too bad? If you do book that flight time, be prepared that you might miss your flight. We are preparing for that, even with our 12:05 p.m. flight and figure we are taking a risk with that one.

I've made 10 am flights on several occasions with plenty of time to spare. It's 20 minutes from the pier to FLL. Plan on doing the walkoff with the first or second group.

I️ agree. We usually fly out around 11:00 from either FLL or MIA and we are usually waiting for a while. The only time it was tight was a few years ago when that guy shot up the baggage claim at FLL. We flew out the following week and security was tightened. Other than that, no problems. Your call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums