LIVE from the CARIBBEAN PRINESS - August 25th - Sept. 1st

Pia1913

Pia,

It was so good to have you back. Sorry we missed you. It is going to be hard for you to go on another ship with the old, sloooow internet! We’re on the Coral in a couple of weeks and I know we’re going to miss it. Heck, I’m at home now and I miss it![emoji50]

Safe travels.

I have a copy of the Patter from Coral Princess with Pia and Mike as most traveled. I know Pia doesn't say how many days she has but the Patter does show how many at that point on their 75th cruise with Princess - way back in 2014. I won't say how many though. :cool: I know it's been a hard time for Pia but it's good to see her back again with an all new "Live" thread.

I was on that trip. I don't keep the Patters, but I remembered Pia and Mike as I had become familiar with her through her CC posts. That would have been May of 2014, IIRC.

You trying to make me cry, Michael? Thank you. :) See you on the Emerald. Or before.

No, Pia. I'm not trying to make you cry. I'm just hoping you can remember all of the truly wonderful times because that's what is important. I woke up last Thursday and started to get out of bed when the most incredible pain gripped my chest. My wife was lying asleep and unknowing right by me. As it turned out it was a pulmonary embolism - a blood clot that had hit my lung. The pain was breathtaking - literally. As I was silently (not by choice but I was suddenly incapable of making a sound) thinking I might die right there and then I was oddly clear in my head and my main worry wasn't for myself. I was suddenly very worried for my wife. I have never met you (as you know) but have followed you for quite some time here on CC. From what I have read I feel sure that Mike was - as I was for my wife - likely more concerned for you than for himself. Remember the good times. Remember the laughter. Heck, even remember the times you wanted to sock him in the head. (There probably were such times.) Remember and rejoice.

Yes, I know it's "easy to say and hard to do" but - in that eons long (probably 30 seconds) I had last week when my chest was being crushed and I couldn't make a sound and my wife was sleeping peacefully by my side - I know I was more concerned with her future happiness than my (as I thought) imminent departure. I sincerely hope I haven't over stepped the boundaries of what is acceptable or what I should have said. If I have then I sincerely apologize but, from what I have gathered from your many past postings, it seems to me that you and Mike had many (Many!) wonderful times together and I hope you will always be able to focus on those times despite the devastating loss you have suffered. I don't know you and I didn't know Mike but I am betting that is what he would want as well. We will actually meet on an upcoming cruise and if you feel like walking up to me and slapping the crap out of me I promise I won't protest. I truly wish you all the best.

Good Morning from Ft. Lauderdale where we are parked at pier 2.

And so, all things start and end as do cruises. Some long, some short. I want to thank you all for cruising along with me and participating in what mostly is my nonsensical chatter. When I see how many hits this thread has had, it's just like I never left. Right now I have several cruises booked, though the next one on Princess is not scheduled until October of next year. But I did purchase several FCC's, so look for me somewhere along the way.

Thank you again for being here. And a special thank you to Michael who knows exactly how to put things in perspective.

No, Pia. I'm not trying to make you cry. I'm just hoping you can remember all of the truly wonderful times because that's what is important. I woke up last Thursday and started to get out of bed when the most incredible pain gripped my chest. My wife was lying asleep and unknowing right by me. As it turned out it was a pulmonary embolism - a blood clot that had hit my lung. The pain was breathtaking - literally. As I was silently (not by choice but I was suddenly incapable of making a sound) thinking I might die right there and then I was oddly clear in my head and my main worry wasn't for myself. I was suddenly very worried for my wife. I have never met you (as you know) but have followed you for quite some time here on CC. From what I have read I feel sure that Mike was - as I was for my wife - likely more concerned for you than for himself. Remember the good times. Remember the laughter. Heck, even remember the times you wanted to sock him in the head. (There probably were such times.) Remember and rejoice.

Yes, I know it's "easy to say and hard to do" but - in that eons long (probably 30 seconds) I had last week when my chest was being crushed and I couldn't make a sound and my wife was sleeping peacefully by my side - I know I was more concerned with her future happiness than my (as I thought) imminent departure. I sincerely hope I haven't over stepped the boundaries of what is acceptable or what I should have said. If I have then I sincerely apologize but, from what I have gathered from your many past postings, it seems to me that you and Mike had many (Many!) wonderful times together and I hope you will always be able to focus on those times despite the devastating loss you have suffered. I don't know you and I didn't know Mike but I am betting that is what he would want as well. We will actually meet on an upcoming cruise and if you feel like walking up to me and slapping the crap out of me I promise I won't protest. I truly wish you all the best.

I am literally crying after reading this post. And now worrying about my husband’s health. Cause I want MANY more years of cruising together!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thrak,

I too had tears running down my cheeks!

No one will ever be "slapping the crap out of you" A big hug would be in order.

Your wife is so very lucky to have you as you are to have her! I am so glad I am married to someone like you.

Cheers!

Thanks Pia for your daily travelogue. I logged on every day to see what you had posted. I don't know you, but I feel your loss. Love and hugs and looking forward to your next cruise and your daily comments. Going on the Caribbean in October and looking forward to our cruise.

thank you pia. i'm glad that you are back. even though, as a foodie, i don't understand the whole "chicken and broccoli" thing. i love to read your chatter. i'm glad you got lots of reading in and had a relaxing time.

michael (thrak), thank you for your post; i'm glad you are still with us. that was a wonderful heart-felt (hahaha, as i wrote it, i thought what i said!) post. and a wake up call to those like me who need to be reminded to live and enjoy each day we have. i hope you don't have any more scares!