Oasis of the Seas - Port Canaveral to MCO

Hi all,

I wanted to pass on my recent experience, hope this helps when planning post cruise transportation and airport arrival.

Sailing 8/19/18-8/26/18

Ship Oasis of the Seas (we beat two CCL ships into port)

Disembarkation - we self assisted

Pre-arranged Transportation - AA Access Transportation ($14 one way)

Orlando International Airport (MCO) - JetBlue 10:46 am departure

Day of Disembarkation

5:55 am woke up (pre-packed night before)

6:40 am left cabin

6:45 am entered Opal Theater where they directed us to a door onto the jogging track, saw guess already ahead of us walking off ship

6:50-7:02 - Cleared customs, fast and easy, line was getting long but moved quickly - exited customs and walked towards Pre-arranged transportation desk outside customs

8:00 - shuttle departed, quick stop at CCL terminal, then off to airport (MCO)

8:46 - exited shuttle

8:51 - checked bags at JetBlue counter

8:55 - TSA is long but it moves along, at the entrance the monitor said 25 mins to get through

9:24 - cleared TSA and moved our way to APM (people mover to terminal gates)

9:32 - at JetBlue gate 6 for 10:46 flight

A couple of points to keep in mind -

Other than time in lines which can be expected we experienced no real slow down or bottlenecks to mention. The ship arrived on time, departing the ship and customs were quick and efficient. No real traffic on road to MCO. TSA is what you expect long and slow but moves along.

If we woke up earlier and had a private pick up, we could have been at the airport by 8 am. AA Access first shuttle was at 8 so we could not have left earlier. There were other shuttle companies that were departing as we exited customs.

I hope this helps

I live in the Orlando area. Please, please, please remember that all it takes is one accident on the 528 to totally mess up your travel plans to MCO. We often see the 528 closed due to traffic accidents or smoke from wild fires.

Or your ship getting in an hour or two late - it happens.

Have a back up plan!!

I live in the Orlando area. Please, please, please remember that all it takes is one accident on the 528 to totally mess up your travel plans to MCO. We often see the 528 closed due to traffic accidents or smoke from wild fires.

Or your ship getting in an hour or two late - it happens.

Have a back up plan!!

I totally agree, I wanted to point out that we had no issues, from port arrival, to disembarkation, to customs, to no traffic and TSA issues.

I also live in Orlando and agree with cello56. It is crazy to book an early flight. The road to the airport IS often closed due to accidents or wildfires. Also, the security lines at the airport are very long....it's never good to cut it close, it's a bad way to end a vacation.

I also live in Orlando and agree with cello56. It is crazy to book an early flight. The road to the airport IS often closed due to accidents or wildfires. Also, the security lines at the airport are very long....it's never good to cut it close, it's a bad way to end a vacation.

I was worried.... I normally cruise from MIA/FLL so I had no prior experience leaving Port Canaveral direct to MCO. I pieced together what I learned from the boards and gave it a shot. I am glad it worked out.

Third Orlando person here. A dozen times a year the 528 is closed for something. There is no really good alternative. (520 to 50 to 417 to airport is likely the 2nd best)

Totally agree, there are many opportunities to lose a hour or more. I would feel more comfortable with fights after 11 am.

Hi all,

I wanted to pass on my recent experience, hope this helps when planning post cruise transportation and airport arrival.

Sailing 8/19/18-8/26/18

Ship Oasis of the Seas (we beat two CCL ships into port)

Disembarkation - we self assisted

Pre-arranged Transportation - AA Access Transportation ($14 one way)

How did you get the $14 price? I can't find anything cheaper than $20 one way, including AA Access Transportation...

We've got 4 of us, would love to save a little bit more...

Thanks,

Janis

How did you get the $14 price? I can't find anything cheaper than $20 one way, including AA Access Transportation...

We've got 4 of us, would love to save a little bit more...

Thanks,

Janis

Hi,

I sent AA Access Email: cruisetoportcanaveral@gmail.com

a request for quote for 6 people one way and they came back with $84., so I booked it. Week prior to sailing my brother and family wanted to go later so I called them up and reduced the booking to just two people. They gave me the same rate of $14. I was thinking my rate would go up since it was for less travelers. I booked in Feb, prices may have gone up. I see on

www.portcanaveralshuttletransportation.com there is a $14 one way banner, I would call and see if this is available

Third Orlando person here. A dozen times a year the 528 is closed for something. There is no really good alternative. (520 to 50 to 417 to airport is likely the 2nd best)
With the biggest problem being it's near impossible to switch from one to the other. It's not that disastrous to go the alternative you mentioned (I often take it to the beach depending on who I'm picking up or if I'm feeling too cheap for tolls since 520 is a nice drive), but there's really only one chance to change your mind (maybe another one, luckily have never had to try and find another).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

With the biggest problem being it's near impossible to switch from one to the other. It's not that disastrous to go the alternative you mentioned (I often take it to the beach depending on who I'm picking up or if I'm feeling too cheap for tolls since 520 is a nice drive), but there's really only one chance to change your mind (maybe another one, luckily have never had to try and find another).

Not unless you feel like wandering through Wedgefield or Avalon???

Mco isn't too bad for uber pickup. There's a few times when a lot of flights land that make it crazy because the pickup area is in the arrivals. They're doing construction there too, I've been when some of the arrival area is blocked off that makes it horrible - not sure if all that's done I know B side has been all open for the last two months.

Otherwise there's lots of shuttle options. Or renting a car.

Has anyone else had experience travelling to or from MCO and Port Canaveral? Thinking about Uber but I know how hectic airport pickups can be. Open to other options and also if anyone has done the RCCL transportation??

Cortrans is very good, $20 per person.

For other ideas, check the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I have used RCI's transportation as well as booking with Ace Luxury.

I did not like having to wait around for RCI's busses to fill up. WE sat for an hour and a half once before the bus arrived and then waited another 45 minutes for the buss to reach capacity before they would let the drive leave.

We now use Ace Luxury Transportation. We have used their town car service for up to four adults and it's wonderful to just sit back and relax and let the driver worry about everything. For an upcoming family vacation, 9 of us, I have booked their up to 14 person van to make sure there is room for all the luggage I expect the non-cruise experienced family members to bring.

As with everyone else, I strongly recommend giving yourself plenty of time to disembark the ship and to get to MCO. I would not recommend booking an arriving flight that arrived after 1 PM or a departing flight that left before 1030.