Any "Overage" Charge in Michael's Club

garyl62

We are in 1612.

Niko is the MCC. The coordination with Carrie the Shoreside Concierge has worked extremely well.

Cannot answer for the bartender. I would say that it is not that they are being inattentive, but seem overwhelmed at the numbers often in MC. Also sense that the Chandon offering has been imposed from above.

On the fruit front. The Yorkshire in me would rather they gave a fruit bowl day 2 or 3 than waste perfectly good apples because we don't like or eat them.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for responding during your holiday. Cranston is from Jamaica. I think he was due back before we board but not yet. We had a time on the ship in March with friends when a group were on with around 8 who took over the bar area but the next week there were a further 16 in MC in the same group. Our friends stayed on for the next cruise but they seemed to cut back their time in MC.

And they were in the back section of Luminae.

We have had times in the past in MC where the bar server does not recognise that he needs help and tries to deal with it him/her self rather than asking for help. You just need to speak to the MCC but if it doesn’t work get the suite manager to sort it. If that doesn’t work get the head of guest relations as they are all under that post.

I have found that Niko is happy not to involve herself to closely with guests but as we have had her as MCC on a number of cruises we tend to be ok with her. We don’t really need a lot of help from the concierge as our next cruise is our 18th with Celebrity since late 2012 but we usually already know them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are in 1614 on September 23rd. We normally stay on deck 10 but all RS were gone when we booked 18 months ago. Can you tell me if you experience much noise from the deck above and also do you get sun on the balcony, Thankyou.

Sun depends on which direction the ship travels on but if it is a round trip from the same start and end port the sun should be on your balcony 50% of the time.

How many Zeniths are on your cruise? Sounds like it's now the practice to combine the lunch in Blu. I'll see what's it like in Infinity shortly.

On this sailing we are the only Zeniths (the 4 of us). They finally had the wine today - after talking to the suite manager yesterday.

Really? That’s a shame, We were in a sky suite on Equinox 2 weeks ago and MCC was fabulous. She spoke to us the minute we walked into MC and we were treated so well. I have only been on Celebrity once before and that was in a celebrity suite. Both times were wonderful, although our sky suite experience topped the celebrity suite! I doubt I’ll ever be in a Royal suite or Penthouse. I honestly can’t say enough good things about Aveline. We had a premium Bev package and didn’t get many drinks in MC, so I can’t comment on that. Enjoy the rest of your cruise- you lucky person- I can’t wait to book another!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to see your comments because I totally agree with you. I too was in a "lowly " sky suite earlier this month and, while I've always enjoyed interactions with MCCs, I thought that Aveline was wonderful and among the best in doing regular circuits around the lounge to touch base with everyone.

We were in a SS in July and also thought Aveline was wonderful - she was very attentive and helped out a lot. Roxanna, the SM was also great. My sister missed out on the scones one day and the SM brought some to our room.

In fact, I commented to my sister that it didn't seem to matter what kind of suite you were in - they treated everyone well.

Thanks for responding during your holiday. Cranston is from Jamaica. I think he was due back before we board but not yet. We had a time on the ship in March with friends when a group were on with around 8 who took over the bar area but the next week there were a further 16 in MC in the same group. Our friends stayed on for the next cruise but they seemed to cut back their time in MC.

And they were in the back section of Luminae.

We have had times in the past in MC where the bar server does not recognise that he needs help and tries to deal with it him/her self rather than asking for help. You just need to speak to the MCC but if it doesn’t work get the suite manager to sort it. If that doesn’t work get the head of guest relations as they are all under that post.

I have found that Niko is happy not to involve herself to closely with guests but as we have had her as MCC on a number of cruises we tend to be ok with her. We don’t really need a lot of help from the concierge as our next cruise is our 18th with Celebrity since late 2012 but we usually already know them.

As you mentioned Jamaica, it is Cranston. His late afternoons and evenings are in Michaels but often during the day, he is assigned to the bar in the Oceanview.

A have found Niko extremely helpful especially assistance with my MiL who is ill, when she needed to get off for a tour and my DH and I were not present beause we travelling separately. I met with Lucy the suite manager on several occasions, but Niko is most visible on a day to day basis.

The profile of this cruise has been surprisingly a lot older than we expected. It's not that there is a single identifiable group travelling together. I suspect it is more that most suites sold out in by December 2016 and as you know in UK, CS and SS doesn't get drink packages so this could attribute to higher number of attendees in Michaels.

This is only our 2nd Celebrity cruise and made Elite a couple of days ago, but the jury is still out on whether we will sail with Celebrity again as UK itineraries change so little year on year. We were thinking of Antarctica on Eclipse but after the recent debacle in St Petersburg, not sure that a larger ship is the way to go.

Suite Managers

I do think it depends on the person-- pre Suite managers we had 4 weeks in RS and 2 in CS on Connie Megan MCC and the butlers were wonderful.

Milly 2018 in RS with friends also in RS we had no in room contact from MCC or suite manager in fact we raised the point when speaking to one of the officers asking what the SM job entailed. This must have been passed on as she came to us during dinner in Luminae and asked what the problem was with our room--I politely said it was not the room and being interrupted during dinner by her for this was not good we all would discuss it with her the following day but she never followed up

As you mentioned Jamaica, it is Cranston. His late afternoons and evenings are in Michaels but often during the day, he is assigned to the bar in the Oceanview.

A have found Niko extremely helpful especially assistance with my MiL who is ill, when she needed to get off for a tour and my DH and I were not present beause we travelling separately. I met with Lucy the suite manager on several occasions, but Niko is most visible on a day to day basis.

The profile of this cruise has been surprisingly a lot older than we expected. It's not that there is a single identifiable group travelling together. I suspect it is more that most suites sold out in by December 2016 and as you know in UK, CS and SS doesn't get drink packages so this could attribute to higher number of attendees in Michaels.

This is only our 2nd Celebrity cruise and made Elite a couple of days ago, but the jury is still out on whether we will sail with Celebrity again as UK itineraries change so little year on year. We were thinking of Antarctica on Eclipse but after the recent debacle in St Petersburg, not sure that a larger ship is the way to go.

Thanks for the extra info

I found this online about the suite amenities as at June 2017

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/17057213_Suites_Amenities_Grid_2017.pdf

I booked my cruise on 16th June 2017 so I will be making sure that I have it on dropbox so I can access it.

Thanks for the extra info

I found this online about the suite amenities as at June 2017

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/17057213_Suites_Amenities_Grid_2017.pdf

I booked my cruise on 16th June 2017 so I will be making sure that I have it on dropbox so I can access it.

If you look carefully the last line of the second page lists the welcome bottle of PJ but the first line of page three shows welcome bottle of sparkling blanc de blanc in all aswell

If you look carefully the last line of the second page lists the welcome bottle of PJ but the first line of page three shows welcome bottle of sparkling blanc de blanc in all as well

I had noticed that but as I don't really enjoy the blanc de blanc i won't be pursuing that.

I found these while trawling around if anyone is interested in the Edge full deck plans.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Edge_Deckplans.pdf

We are in 1614 on September 23rd. We normally stay on deck 10 but all RS were gone when we booked 18 months ago. Can you tell me if you experience much noise from the deck above and also do you get sun on the balcony, Thankyou.
I am in 1612 but I have previously stayed in 1614 on Eclipse. You get the occasion sound of the chairs in the pool deck being moved around in the morning although as we headed to Iceland there was no noise, but generally it has been quiet. I would add that 1614 is slightly further away from the elevator passage way than 1612 so you would get even less noise. Most of cabins on deck 11 moving forward are aqua which only have double occupancy and very rarely children so again quiet.

Tomorrow is our last day but if there is anything else you would like to ask just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I am in 1612 but I have previously stayed in 1614 on Eclipse. You get the occasion sound of the chairs in the pool deck being moved around in the morning although as we headed to Iceland there was no noise, but generally it has been quiet. I would add that 1614 is slightly further away from the elevator passage way than 1612 so you would get even less noise. Most of cabins on deck 11 moving forward are aqua which only have double occupancy and very rarely children so again quiet.

Tomorrow is our last day but if there is anything else you would like to ask just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Did you All receive crossing certificates or was it just suites

Confused. What are crossing certificates?

Someone (in another place) posted a picture of a certificate they received for crossing the Arctic circle at 23.23 on the 25th and then again at 21.27 on the 26th. She was in an ss and I was wondering if everyone got one or just suites

We each received a certificate for crossing the Arctic Circle. Left in our stateroom the day after.

To get back “on topic”(!), we have ordered any drinks we have wanted in Michael’s Club, even for my (over 18) daughter who has only a non-alcohol drinks package. No sign of an upcharge.

We each received a certificate for crossing the Arctic Circle. Left in our stateroom the day after.

To get back “on topic”(!), we have ordered any drinks we have wanted in Michael’s Club, even for my (over 18) daughter who has only a non-alcohol drinks package. No sign of an upcharge.

FYI drinks in Michael's have NOTHING to do with beverage packages. Even if one does not have a beverage package drinks are complimentary in Michael's.

FYI drinks in Michael's have NOTHING to do with beverage packages. Even if one does not have a beverage package drinks are complimentary in Michael's.

I know that should be the case. All drinks in Michael’s should be complimentary - but that didn’t stop the original question being raised.

I know that should be the case. All drinks in Michael’s should be complimentary - but that didn’t stop the original question being raised.

The OP simply asked if anyone knew of a case where drinks that cost above the package limit were ever charged at MC. The responses appear to indicate that no one knows of a single case where that happened. Further discussion indicated that all drinks served in MC are indeed complimentary. So the answer to the OP's question is: No drinks that are served in MC are ever charged.

The OP simply asked if anyone knew of a case where drinks that cost above the package limit were ever charged at MC. The responses appear to indicate that no one knows of a single case where that happened. Further discussion indicated that all drinks served in MC are indeed complimentary. So the answer to the OP's question is: No drinks that are served in MC are ever charged.

I am pleased we are in violent agreement!

TommyD3, we are sailing next week. Can you tell me who is the regular bar tender in MC this week.

What different does it made.They all are very good and please don’t let those with very high expectations misleading you and spoil your vacation.

Cheers to the Queen.

Edited by verizon