Chef’s table minimum age

Does anyone know? Is there a minimum age?

We are currently on Adventure .Bookings for Chef’s table must be slow on this ship because parties with babies in strollers are being accepted.

We were offered a last minute BOGOF today, day 5 , so glad we resisted because when we passed the meeting area there was a baby in the group.

Friends booked on day 2 had a baby in their group and managed to switch to an all adult group on another night.

Who in their right mind takes a baby to Chef’s table?

no there is no stated minimum age. youngest I have had at the table with me was 12.

I won't answer the question because I have a few stalkers who love nothing more than to bash anything that comes out of my keyboard WRT children.

My preteen boy loved food, and eating. Eventually he took 4 years of culinary and worked in some restaurants. At age 6 he studied the menu's and never ate off the kid menu.

All I'm saying is that it is not about age, but about the kid. Most times, this would not be a good place for a kid to enjoy.

My preteen boy loved food, and eating. Eventually he took 4 years of culinary and worked in some restaurants. At age 6 he studied the menu's and never ate off the kid menu.

All I'm saying is that it is not about age, but about the kid. Most times, this would not be a good place for a kid to enjoy.

I don’t think it’s about how much the child might eat but more the expectation of enjoying adult conversations. A baby sleeping in a stroller is very different than having to interact with a preteen or toddler.

We took our 4 yr old to the first 30 mins our our Chefs table only because the Adventure Ocean program wasn’t open until then, we quickly ducked out to drop him off once it did open. Certainly not geared towards kids and it would be preferable for parents if RC considered this in their reservation times! We were lucky he was well behaved and the other guests were very understanding and pleasant about it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been very lucky so far. Had just two pre-teen kids at one of ours. Nicest, most well behaved 2-3 yo's and no whining.

However, if we ever went to a Chef's Table and a kid started crying, I'd tell the parents to remove the child and carry them to Adventure Ocean for pizza and grilled cheese so we can all dine in peace.

no there is no stated minimum age. youngest I have had at the table with me was 12.

I won't answer the question because I have a few stalkers who love nothing more than to bash anything that comes out of my keyboard WRT children.

I don't mind being bashed. Babies, strollers, infants have no place at chef's table.

I would be upset to have children at a chefs table.

It's about the ambience, food, wine and discussion. Nothing I would want to share with a youngster.

At almost $200 per couple it's a damn expensive meal.

This Oct I have our family of 8 booked for a Chefs table.

Hopefully an adult affair.

I don’t think it’s about how much the child might eat but more the expectation of enjoying adult conversations. A baby sleeping in a stroller is very different than having to interact with a preteen or toddler.
They don't always sleep. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would be upset to have children at a chefs table.

It's about the ambience, food, wine and discussion. Nothing I would want to share with a youngster.

At almost $200 per couple it's a damn expensive meal.

This Oct I have our family of 8 booked for a Chefs table.

Hopefully an adult affair.

I agree - maybe if the child, regardless if they are 10 months or 10 years old, had to pay the $85pp +/- like the rest of us, things would be different.

I don't mind being bashed. Babies, strollers, infants have no place at chef's table.

Having raised two kids I have to agree. I think it's worse for the parents. I remember those days at family gatherings having to take turns eating while someone held the baby. Then when they start to walk and don't want to be held because they are in that exploratory learning phase, you can't even sit still with them. I don't know why someone would want to pay out that kind of money and not even be able to enjoy themselves. I don't care how well behaved your kids are and mine were good 90% of the time but they are like time bombs and you don't know when they will go off. I also don't think it's safe for a child that young to be in the middle of a public dining room with waiters walking around with trays of food. On the rare occassions that we dined out, I insisted that we had a table next to the wall so that I could sit my kids out of the flow of traffic. I cringe when I go out to a restaurant and see the high chair parked in the direct flow of traffic. Sometimes common sense isn't so common.

Thanks for the input everybody.

We have an 11 yr old grandson, would gladly take him anywhere at any age but no way would we pay for CT when he was a 18months .

The whole point of CT is to enjoy the wine pairing, listen to the explanations from the host and enjoy the conversation with your table mates. The wine is free flowing , on the two occasions we did CT the party overflowed into the nightclub.

It never occurred to me before to check the age range of the booked parties , I will be doing that for sure in the future .