Booking San Diego post cruise shuttle to airport.

RetiredRich

If we book the $19.00 post cruise shuttle to the San Diego airport do we put our luggage in the hall the night before. Will they handle the luggage from ship to the airport. We will probably have two large suitcases other than our carry on. We are trying to keep luggage to a minimum but on the 16 day cruise to Hawaii that will be hard to do.

Also we booked our return flight from SAN to leave at noon. I'm hoping that will be enough time as those that are flying usually leave ship at 8 or 9. We have been on many cruises but always drove to the terminals. This is our first time flying and a bit apprehensive. Any advice appreciated.

I don’t know if it’s available for San Diego but last time we cruised (Feb 18), we used the Luggage direct service. We received our boarding passes the night before and left our bags out as usual. Took a cab to the airport and picked up our bags in Seattle , where we live. It was wonderful. It shouldn’t be too much more than the transfer, even with paying for a cab, and it’s a lot less hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just for informational purposes, if anyone reading this decides to use the cruise line's shuttle, this is how it works.

You put your suitcase out the night before, and then reclaim it in the terminal. You walk it to the bus where it's loaded underneath.

Roz

Just for informational purposes, if anyone reading this decides to use the cruise line's shuttle, this is how it works.

You put your suitcase out the night before, and then reclaim it in the terminal. You walk it to the bus where it's loaded underneath.

Roz

You wait until the bus is full and the driver manages to mash all the bags in. Note the huge bags some people have. See if there is a quarrel over the front seats in the bus. If your luck is like mine, at the airport you will wait while the bus stops and unloads passengers and baggage at two other terminals before yours.

Take a taxi or Uber at San Diego and Ft. Lauderdale.

You wait until the bus is full and the driver manages to mash all the bags in. Note the huge bags some people have. See if there is a quarrel over the front seats in the bus. If your luck is like mine, at the airport you will wait while the bus stops and unloads passengers and baggage at two other terminals before yours.

Take a taxi or Uber at San Diego and Ft. Lauderdale.

And we have seen several instances of the bus stopping at an inconvenient spot, leaving people to wrestle their luggage a good distance along a sidewalk before they even reach the terminal :(