Are mini steamers allowed?

Sail2k

See photo, it is a mini steamers and works great for wrinkles... Are they allowed on the ship?

Except for hair appliances, every device with a heating element is on the prohibited list.

They are a fire hazard. Wouldn’t it be great if Royal provided laundry rooms on every floor like Princess does.? Each laundry area comes with an iron and ironing board. While I have never ironed on board, I have seen several people pop in for a touch up. I use Downey wrinkle release. Azamara also has a personal laundromat area, but I don’t know if they have an ironing set up

At one time, steamers were authorized. No longer. We did take one with us to the Med last year, barely had to use it.

So, realized it was just something extra to drag along and take up room.

Tip: If you have something wrinkled, just hang it up in the bathroom while you're taking a shower. Then, hang it out on the balcony, all wrinkles are GONE.

They are a fire hazard. Wouldn’t it be great if Royal provided laundry rooms on every floor like Princess does.? Each laundry area comes with an iron and ironing board. While I have never ironed on board, I have seen several people pop in for a touch up. I use Downey wrinkle release. Azamara also has a personal laundromat area, but I don’t know if they have an ironing set up

The laundry rooms on PCL are one of the few things that impressed me.....I too wish RCI would have laundry rooms on each deck...they certainly have the space if they wanted to convert some....they obviously don't :(

Many years ago I bought my travel iron on board in the gift shop.....and I believe they used to sell travel steamer's too.

Thank you all for the comments....I think my wife is going to be lost without her mini steamer, but no worries...Downy works great!!

Hello,

A little off topic - is this particular steamer good? Saw it in Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and thinking of buying. Actually to take with me on my November cruise, but thanks to your question, now i know not to))). Used to iron, but many people swears by steamer. Different steamers. I recognized Joy from the picture. Are you using it only for travel, since it is small or it's good enough for a little touch up instead of ironing?

Thank you

Hello,

A little off topic - is this particular steamer good? Saw it in Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and thinking of buying. Actually to take with me on my November cruise, but thanks to your question, now i know not to))). Used to iron, but many people swears by steamer. Different steamers. I recognized Joy from the picture. Are you using it only for travel, since it is small or it's good enough for a little touch up instead of ironing?

Thank you

Deleted