Carnival VIP agents....gone?

topaz123

Always use our dedicated phone number for our VIP Carnival Planner. When we tried the extension....We got a recording that .." This extension no longer is in the system". Did Carnival do away with the dedicated VIP planners we have always used?

Always use our dedicated phone number for our VIP Carnival Planner. When we tried the extension....We got a recording that .." This extension no longer is in the system". Did Carnival do away with the dedicated VIP planners we have always used?

Most likely they no longer work there. Hapoen to us also ,but our agent had told us they were leaving the company.

It does indeed sound lie your PVP is no longer working with Carnival. Call the main Carnival number and ask to be sure.

I think they're talking about a PVP.

I think you're right. And it's kind of interesting, our PVP's email signature always identified him as an "Elite Personal Vacation Planner" but I noticed on his last few emails, the "elite" has been dropped. Wonder if there's any significance to that? :confused:

Our former Agent ( VIP, PVP,?) would always call us during the year with specials, and sometimes would call just to chat a bid. Very friendly, and personable. He would call when we returned and I think this is one of the real great perks of the VIP program. Maybe they don't use these folks anymore>? Thanks for the comments.

Dear topaz,

One way to solve and resolve the delima.

Obtain a real Travel Agent ( ASTA)

They are Professionals and usually remain for years in the Profession.

Most Agencies/Agencys have TOLL FREE Lines which is a normalcy.

They give you a much better cost basis and so many benefits.

Our former Agent ( VIP, PVP,?) would always call us during the year with specials, and sometimes would call just to chat a bid. Very friendly, and personable. He would call when we returned and I think this is one of the real great perks of the VIP program. Maybe they don't use these folks anymore>? Thanks for the comments.

They do still have PVPs. It sounds like yours has just left the company. Have you emailed him to see if you get an autoreply or bounce back? I normally don't call my PVP, it's all done through email.

Do you get better deal when you just back from ur cruise? I'm waiting to see if I receive any email offer, but after a week of waiting, there is none.

Dear topaz,

One way to solve and resolve the delima.

Obtain a real Travel Agent ( ASTA)

They are Professionals and usually remain for years in the Profession.

Most Agencies/Agencys have TOLL FREE Lines which is a normalcy.

They give you a much better cost basis and so many benefits.

That profession will not exist in a decade

I am surprised they still do. There are no brick and mortar shops within an hour radius of me.

I couldn't even tell you where the closest one is to me. No reason for the overhead of a physical shop anymore, and at this point most folks are at least semi-comfortable with the internet.

And yes, there are still some large travel agent companies out there that folks are loyal too....but at this point those are much closer to a virtual travel web site set up then a mom and pop neighborhood travel agent.

No email, no nothing....guess I'll have to call and request a new PVP..thanks for all the comments. One quick note....on Brick and Mortar travel agents....we lost hope years ago, when a travel agent insisted there were no more flights out of the airport to Miami, UNLESS we went at 11:00 PM flight...that was the break to go to the internet, and found 4 flights were available and for less $$$.

Can you request a specific PVP planner? Any thoughts or suggestions of WHOM would be good.

Edited by topaz123
Added comment