Does Chocolate Buffet still exist on some Carnival ships?

Produce123

Chocolate buffet looks good but tastes pretty awful. Much better desserts are put out at tea time

I was always afraid to say this, but it's so true. I'm so impressed until I take that first bite. Wonder if they were made at Old Country Buffet.

HaHa, we don't even have any by where I live nowadays. I vaguely recall their brownies tasting pretty good.

I always thought their pies were very good, used to go regularly but after a few times we kind of bot bored and stopped going. Guess when we stopped lots of others did too and now no more old country buffet.

There was a chocolate fountain on the lido of Fascination recently. They had various skewers of fruit to dip in the chocolate. No strawberries, but there was pineapple.

Helpful tip: get some soft serve ice cream in a bowl before you go to the fountain. Then, lay the chocolate-covered fruit on top of the ice cream and it will cool faster.

There was a chocolate fountain on the lido of Fascination recently. They had various skewers of fruit to dip in the chocolate. No strawberries, but there was pineapple.

Helpful tip: get some soft serve ice cream in a bowl before you go to the fountain. Then, lay the chocolate-covered fruit on top of the ice cream and it will cool faster.

Great idea have to try that but come to think of it they usually have regular ice cream on the buffet.

Is the chocolate buffet a thing of the past? I have been on two 7 day cruises on the Vista already and have not seen it or perhaps I missed it. Doing a Journey Cruise soon on the Breeze and I hope to see it. Thanks.

It was on the Breeze last month. Last sea day in the lido. Started at 12:00.

To me, the total number of offerings was less than in the past. I spotted two cakes that looked really good, so I got one piece of each. Turned out that even though they had different names, there were the exact same cake (maybe the chef mixed them up?). They were good...but two pieces was too much for me, so I wasted half (expected to eat half of each piece). Anyone who saw my plate might think I did not like it No, it was fine, just too much. They also have these orange candy pieces dipped in dark chocolate that are pretty good. And based upon my past experiences, some of it is really bad...waxy and no cocoa flavor at all. The fountain is awful.

I am not defending the un-defendable in the overall quality of the chocolate as to me it rates one notch below a Hershey Bar and I think Hershey Bars are below average, but IMO you see so many plates laying around full of chocolate because people will eat a meal at the lido or a couple Guys Burgers or the BBQ, then load up a plate full of chocolate..only to find their eyes are bigger than their stomach. Kids are probably the biggest offenders. Plus at that point in the cruise, many are just tired of eating.