Upgrade Question

CintiCruzer

We are sailing on the Regal Oct 20... just received an offer to upgrade to a mini-suite... I am looking at the available options and the rooms are either up front or on deck 15 & 16 mid ship

Does anyone have any experience with mini suites in this area??

Thanks

Cinti Cruzer

The higher you are the more you will feel the ocean. Lower mid ship you will feel less.

It depends on your preferences.

I prefer being lower and mid ship so that I can hear the ocean better. We did Marina deck and I found that to be too high for me. I won't do that again, but I was glad I tried it.

If it's an upsell it would depend on how much the upset cost. Plus, I'd want cabins above and below.

DH and I took an upsell to a mini on the Regal this year, I did a mock booking to see what was available and chose one on deck 14 under the sea walk. Near Horizon Court. No noise from the pool deck. No excess motion. Much larger balcony! Large sofa. 2 TV's. Would definitely do it again!

i guess this is an upsell... $139pp..

We currently have a deluxe balcony on Caribe deck about 5 rooms from the center lifts area...

We are tempted, but I think we are located in a very good position... in the center of everything.

just concerned the higher we go, the more the ship will roll, then I'm concerned about the noise from the traffic on the above deck

any thoughts??

The change in ship motion based on height is minimal. It is more obvious when you go far forward or aft compared with mid-ship. The noise issue can be a problem--you need to look at specifically what will be above you. Going from a deluxe balcony to a mini-suite will give you extra space....that's about all. Only you can decide whether that space is worth the money involved. BUT you'll need to decide soon or the offer will be gone!

Yeah, I am watching the Mini suite rooms disappear...

I'm just not seeing too many pluses to going with the Mini... the different shower is not an advantage... the bigger couch is OK, 2 -TV is not worth anything... everything

is just about the same

I'm a huge fan of mini-suites and that's what we always book. I am very prone to feeling the motion so always book midship and a bit lower.

I booked an aft suite years ago on one of the first Crown sailings and hated it. I felt the motion constantly and the doors were always banging closed.

I was in a suite all the way forward on the Getaway and much preferred that location over the aft.

Personally for that small price, I would grab the mini-suite. It's a bigger room. The bathroom is larger, there is more storage and it's nice to have the seating area with the curtain to close off the bed area. That's a great price for an upsell.

Yeah, I am watching the Mini suite rooms disappear...

I'm just not seeing too many pluses to going with the Mini... the different shower is not an advantage... the bigger couch is OK, 2 -TV is not worth anything... everything

is just about the same

If you have not called the number they gave you for this, call immediately. You will reach voice mail and they will call back in the order calls are received. You can figure out if you want it or not by the time they call back, but if you wait to call you will likely not have the option to buy the upsell anymore.

Is this important?

Yes, two different things. Upgrades are when Princess gives you an upgraded category cabin for free, zero cost to you. Upsell if when Princess sells you a higher category cabin for a cost that they determine.

Yes, two different things. Upgrades are when Princess gives you an upgraded category cabin for free, zero cost to you. Upsell if when Princess sells you a higher category cabin for a cost that they determine.

Agreed.

It just didn't seem to be related to the actual question.

You will lose that great extra-large Caribe deck balcony... Just something to consider.

The OP is on the Regal, not one of the Grand class ships. There are no extra-large Caribe balconies on the Royal class. There are some angled and slightly larger balconies under the SeaWalk and the SeaView Bar on all (I think) decks.

OP, it depends on which mini-suites forward on Lido & Marina Decks. If they are the forward-facing ones, then grab one ASAP. Do not waste a minute unless you're prone to seasickness. The balconies are huge, the cabins are Club Class minis and come with more perks (an advantage esp. if you aren't elite and like the Club Class dining experience).