Will be rerouted from Bermuda to Florida/Bahamas

Hello all-

A group of us are cruising from NY, aboard NCL's Escape. We just got word that we are no longer going to Bermuda (my all time favorite) and are being rerouted to Cape Canaveral, and the Bahamas. I am SOOOO disappointed. Keep time telling myself this will allow for more food and alcohol, but. . . ..

So my question is this- do the Cruise lines and/or travel agents comp anything for this inconvenience? And WTH are we going to do in Orlando?! We are a group of adults with no interest in Disney, Gators or NASA. I am hoping we enjoy the Bahamas and that the weather holds out!!

Officially, no. You’re still going on a cruise. It’s still a week on the Escape. Your cruise agreement you signed states they can change ports, ships, routes, pretty much anything with no compensation. That doesn’t mean you won’t get some OBC for your trouble.

It’s hurricane season. It happens. This is why cancel for any reason or route change insurance is a really good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello all-

A group of us are cruising from NY, aboard NCL's Escape. We just got word that we are no longer going to Bermuda (my all time favorite) and are being rerouted to Cape Canaveral, and the Bahamas. I am SOOOO disappointed. Keep time telling myself this will allow for more food and alcohol, but. . . ..

So my question is this- do the Cruise lines and/or travel agents comp anything for this inconvenience? And WTH are we going to do in Orlando?! We are a group of adults with no interest in Disney, Gators or NASA. I am hoping we enjoy the Bahamas and that the weather holds out!!

I would not expect any compensation. NCL is being proactive to avoid what is forecast to become a CAT 5 storm as it goes south of Bermuda early next week. They are trying to keep you out of harm's way.

As far as what to do in Port Canaveral, if Dinsey and NASA don't excite you rent a car and go see the speedway in Daytona, or simply go to the beach.

Missed a couple of ports cruising. No complaints, I was still cruising. You really do not want to be in rough seas when cruising. Sometimes it does happen. But they will not sail towards bad weather, if the captain is smart. Not safe for the passengers. Check out this YouTube video and you will see why.

If you look at the NOAA/NHS projected track, I would think NCL is being a little hasty in sending you south. It appears to be going south of Bermuda and you would be sailing right up through it's path on the way back north from the Bahamas. Don't hold your breath, but they might change their minds again, even send you to Canada...EM

Hello all-

I would not expect "comp"

Is it TA's fault there are tropical storms ? Is it in NCL's poer to control the weather?

No, of course not. Why should they pay pax anything?:confused:

Go on your cruise wirh a big smile and enjoy.

Hello all-

You arent going to Orlando. You are going to the Florida coast....that means a beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you book a cruise which sails in Hurricane/Tropical Storm Season, it's the chance you take for having your itinerary changed to avoid the storm.

Hopefully, you'll have good weather in your new ports of call and still enjoy your cruise. :)

Check out the "Hurricane Florence" thread on the "Bermuda" forum. Folks who were supposed to sail this weekend on various ships have posted where they have been advised as to where they will be going to instead of Bermuda.

No b ig deal to find and buy a sweatshirt, and many likely have at leastt one pair jeans with them. T hey'll manage. Plenty of shopping along the wonderful boafdwalk in Halifax (where the ships dock) and in the terminal building. A lightweight windbreaker and they will be okay.

Edited by sail7seas

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2018/09/07/how-is-canada-even-comparable-to-the-caribbean-passengers-fume-as-bermuda-cruise-diverts-to-halifax.html

The Norweigan Dawn is heading to Canada. I bet there are a lot of people without warm clothes. Our heat wave finally ended two days ago.

Better Canada than Florida. At least in Canada there are things to do. The only thing in Florida is beaches. There are those of us who get bored after spending 5 minutes at any beach. I am just not a beach person.

DON