Oasis room 7268 elevator noise?

Taylors

Just got our room assignment. We ste right across from the elevator. I know this is a risk with Guaranteed room. And it was a risk worth taking in this instance. We could have totally gotten a much worse assignment, and I'm thankful to have guest rooms both above and below. But wondering now if the elevators nearby will cause a lot of noise and if it's worth calling and asking (pleading) for another room because of a light sleeping baby.

The only thing you are likely to hear is grumbling by people who haven't figured out that when you live on Deck 7 aft, you have to know whether you want starboard or port. You can't cross over at the elevator lobby. You must get on the correct side on the deck where you begin. Otherwise, when you exit the elevator, you must either go up one deck, cross and go down again to 7, or go down one deck, cross and go up again to 7.

(The sign for the Boardwalk hangs over the space between the elevators on Deck 7 and blocks the way)

The only thing you are likely to hear is grumbling by people who haven't figured out that when you live on Deck 7 aft, you have to know whether you want starboard or port. You can't cross over at the elevator lobby. You must get on the correct side on the deck where you begin. Otherwise, when you exit the elevator, you must either go up one deck, cross and go down again to 7, or go down one deck, cross and go up again to 7.

(The sign for the Boardwalk hangs over the space between the elevators on Deck 7 and blocks the way)

Well that is annoying! I'm sure we will make that mistake a time or two. At least!

Just got our room assignment. We ste right across from the elevator. I know this is a risk with Guaranteed room. And it was a risk worth taking in this instance. We could have totally gotten a much worse assignment, and I'm thankful to have guest rooms both above and below. But wondering now if the elevators nearby will cause a lot of noise and if it's worth calling and asking (pleading) for another room because of a light sleeping baby.

Now that your cabin has been assigned you can switch to any other available cabin anywhere on the ship as long as you choose the same cabin category. If you want to change do a mock booking to see what is available in your cat and call your TA and give them a actual cabin number you want to move into. It is a perk for living on the North American side of the globe. Your cabin will not be noisy at all but when you open the door you will be looking straight through the elevator foyer and seeing the cabin on the other side of the ship. This would never bother most people but I would change to another spot.

Now that your cabin has been assigned you can switch to any other available cabin anywhere on the ship as long as you choose the same cabin category. If you want to change do a mock booking to see what is available in your cat and call your TA and give them a actual cabin number you want to move into. It is a perk for living on the North American side of the globe. Your cabin will not be noisy at all but when you open the door you will be looking straight through the elevator foyer and seeing the cabin on the other side of the ship. This would never bother most people but I would change to another spot.

Good tip. I did attempt a mock booking, and didn't see any more rooms available. But its worth a call in the morning. Worse case there isn't anything else. But no harm in asking just in case!

Good tip. I did attempt a mock booking, and didn't see any more rooms available. But its worth a call in the morning. Worse case there isn't anything else. But no harm in asking just in case!

I just checked on my magic site. ;)

Be happy where you are. There is nothing to switch to. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Goose Egg. Zip.

We were in that room on Oasis last spring! It was a great location. We never heard any noise from the elevators or the stairwell. And we loved being so close to the stairs and elevators. We did get confused way too many times about not being on the correct side and having to go up or down a floor, etc. By the end of the week we had it down pat! Lol