LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

uote=reallyitsmema;57210949]It will be interesting to see what Mari posts about the President's cruise. She sails star and sky class but I think she was star on this sailing.

We sailed a C&A cruise many years ago and that is why we knew we wouldn't want to be on the President's cruise. Way too many self important people pushing their way to the front of everything. No way I would want to deal with that on a ship as big as Harmony.[/quote

I saw this also. There is also another lady who I think is D+ and in a GS and she said she was informed by a Pinnacle that suite guests should be behind them with regards to access to the suite lounge. I guess that is why the Celebrity top tier members aren't at all happy that RC are pushing for Pinnacles to have Zenith status. I think I saw the record is 28 as far as the number of Zenith members on the one cruise and they just go about enjoying their time quietly without all the bragging. Can't see it being allowed

There might well be Suite guests telling Pinnacles they should be behind them too.

If you are allowed in to the SL it should be first in first served like the DL.

The truth that pins rob suite guests of the SL/CK experience. The cruise line is going to refund people money because of this FACT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally would want the full SL/CK experience as promised and paid for not a partial refund later.

You are embarrassing yourself, please stop

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don’t think so.

A debate should be balanced, and I think John has made some valid points and has remained reasoned and polite.

I think you are being rude, dial it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here are some fun numbers, sorry it took so long to gather them.

Sea Class - 86 JS's with an average of 3 bodies per cabin (just a guess) 258 for dinner only

Sky Class - 91 various suites with an average of 3 per cabin (6 on the 2-bedroom GS) 285 all day

Star Class - 10 various suites with an average between 2 and 10 per cabin 66 all day

On any given night there are approximately 600 passengers eligible to eat in CK.

CK holds around 90 people. They also held back an 8 top every night for STAR class passengers that may or may not come

So with three turns of the tables, half the passengers will be turned away. Without 1 Pinnacle on the ship.

6:30 reservations are almost impossible to accommodate on time if the venue opens at 5;30

In my observance, it is rare to leave in an hour. And if you hold the table until 6:30, that further reduces the amount of available seats on any given night. Rory never said that they were 30 minutes late every night. I just know of one

In the SL there are 351 eligible passengers in a venue that may seat 60 people, I forgot to count the seats.

Since Star gets drink pkg, I can't see them up there much unless they are on 17 in the RL or SL

I also can't imagine seeing them up there much for dinner, much better places to go.

We only had dinner in CK 3 times, lunch 3 times, and breakfast 5 times

I never ordered off the menu, that taxes the kitchen and slows down service for everyone. :evilsmile:

Andy, I'm sorry that you had a problem with fellow passengers looking down on you and that folks on the Pres Cruise felt snubbed by Pins. do what I do and laugh it off. They have no authority. I had one get snippy with me at Michael Bolton concert. I gave it right back.

John you have explained perfectly and I for one didn't realize there were 600 eligible people from Suites alone to accommodate in CK.

I realise the problem is really a handful of arrogant self important people either Pinnacle's or Suite guests who are the main problem here.

How so? This is accurate info from an actual observer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I believe you John.

Everyone knows you because you post photos whereas there are a lot of anonymous people who post which of course they are welcome to post too.

On this cruise, Suites didn’t have priority or reserved seating in the theater for Michael Bolton or at Labadee for Billy Ocean.

We chose not to see the other normal shows so I can’t speak to seating for them.

We were denied access to the balcony area for Michael Bolton as it was reserved for Pinnacles but it worked out better for us as there was plenty of good seats on main floor. We had to be Diamond or better to enter.

Many of the events were BOA Royal Credit Card sponsored and required notation on one’s SeaPass to gain access. I heard some complaining about this regardless of Status, Suite/Pinnacles/Diamond.

We haven’t booked next years 50th Anniversary Cruise yet. It has more to do with the price than our experience. If the price drops like it did for this years cruise, we probably will book it.

We met so many friends from last years cruise and made plenty of new ones.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

I’m actually surprised that the Sea Class (JS) had access to the Costal Kitchen every night. I have seen limitations before, for evening dinners because of too much demand on the CK, and I thought this would have been one of those sailings.

More of a general musing on my part, as Sea Class doesn’t always have access to the CK.

I’m actually surprised that the Sea Class (JS) had access to the Costal Kitchen every night. I have seen limitations before, for evening dinners because of too much demand on the CK, and I thought this would have been one of those sailings.

More of a general musing on my part.

This is only a guess, I suspect JS would have had a difficult time getting into CK for dinner. Unless they took late Dining. We met a couple who were in a GS that were denied reservations once onboard. They were able to get late seating a couple of nights. It was the early Dining times that were at a premium.

One thing I noticed on this cruise was that many “appeared” to linger longer than we are accustomed to seeing in the CK. We like 630 dining and this probably creates some issues as that time is kinda of in between early and late.

We did witness two ladies who were told no available seating at that time. They saw a table that had just been cleaned by the window. They then just sat themselves. I don’t think anyone wanted to create an issue and ask them to leave.

This is only a guess, I suspect JS would have had a difficult time getting into CK for dinner. Unless they took late Dining. We met a couple who were in a GS that were denied reservations once onboard. They were able to get late seating a couple of nights. It was the early Dining times that were at a premium.

One thing I noticed on this cruise was that many “appeared” to linger longer than we are accustomed to seeing in the CK. We like 630 dining and this probably creates some issues as that time is kinda of in between early and late.

We did witness two ladies who were told no available seating at that time. They saw a table that had just been cleaned by the window. They then just sat themselves. I don’t think anyone wanted to create an issue and ask them to leave.

Unfortunately that sends out the wrong signal because others will do it now if a table becomes empty.

We typically go with a 6pm meal time when we have Owen with us and show up at about 5-10 minutes early. It gets us seated and our order in slightly before the next wave. We are gone within an hour. No coffee and discussions after dinner, just food.;) However, when we cruise, the early times are not much of an issue.

On this cruise, Suites didn’t have priority or reserved seating in the theater for Michael Bolton or at Labadee for Billy Ocean.

We chose not to see the other normal shows so I can’t speak to seating for them.

We were denied access to the balcony area for Michael Bolton as it was reserved for Pinnacles but it worked out better for us as there was plenty of good seats on main floor. We had to be Diamond or better to enter.

Many of the events were BOA Royal Credit Card sponsored and required notation on one’s SeaPass to gain access. I heard some complaining about this regardless of Status, Suite/Pinnacles/Diamond.

We haven’t booked next years 50th Anniversary Cruise yet. It has more to do with the price than our experience. If the price drops like it did for this years cruise, we probably will book it.

We met so many friends from last years cruise and made plenty of new ones.

You may want to book a room for the 50th. If you don't go it's only $200 lost. We watched price gouging on 2019 Serenade eastbound TA go crazy to $18k for a balcony. We booked late and got one of the last kinda reasonable rooms. Once people realize its the 50th it will fill up. It's about $2500 for two for a balcony now. We like the balcony much better than JS and have had GS and above to get to Pinnacle but cost per value is not there any more IMO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree.

I admire Pinnacles loyalty to RC and the nice ones must be lovely company but arrogant self important ones I don't have time of day for.

I don't think it matters where you are in life, there will always be those that no matter how much you give them they always want more.

I disagree. Pricing is fluid. We paid $2,300 for the week after Andy.

Andy, when is your trip with the grandparents?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12/16/18.

Just for the record, John has never been anything other than a total gentleman. We are just having a spirited discussion.

I think John’s comments are equally as useful as mine for any future cruisers to inform themselves of when and what type of cabin to cruise in.

I hope this thread has helped people make better choices for their hard earned vacation dollars.

The triangle Pinnacle pin I designed makes a lovely necklace for the ladies so they don't have to wear a magnet on their clothes. My wife's is embellished with Swarovski crystals thanks to a fellow Marine. If I'm aboard, I give these to guests who make Pinnacle on our cruise. I think RCCL should give our a temporary pin as it is an accomplishment to make Pinnacle. See designs above for "awaiting pin" or "Finally" or something to that effect. Maybe Congrats et al. I'll be making the Pineapple Award to give to crew that go over and above. Like Napoleon, a piece of cloth goes a long way, or in this case a pin.

Just for the record, John has never been anything other than a total gentleman. We are just having a spirited discussion.

I think John’s comments are equally as useful as mine for any future cruisers to inform themselves of when and what type of cabin to cruise in.

I hope this thread has helped people make better choices for their hard earned vacation dollars.

I've been following your thread here with great interest. As a PC Member since 2012, I find it very disturbing as to the behavior of some.

Back when the level was created (January 21, 2011), it was just another level in C&A. But, during the course of the year, the Charter PC Members (those that had 100+ cruise credits prior to the conversion) were not happy with their benefits because they were only getting what D+ were getting and nothing special. RCI, again, created a level and but never thought out the logistics of the level.

Most of the PC Members are very nice but then there are those select few PC Members that believe that they are "entitled" to all the benefits because they paid to become Pinnacle. Nobody held a gun to their head and made them cruise on RCI.

RCI's biggest mistake was when they told PC Members that they would be issued Gold SeaPass Cards and be entitled to Suite Privileges. This was back on November 11, 2011 when the email was sent out.

So, now "entitlement" comes into the picture and it has escalated above and beyond what RCI expected and which was pretty evident on the recent President's Cruise. Everyone wants to be Pinnacle because they have reached the top............it reminds me of high school where Seniors ruled!!

Cruising is a choice of vacation. The number of cruises that one does is also a choice. Cabin selection is a choice and should be all benefits should be honored.

RCI created a monster when they decided to create Pinnacle Club. And the sooner they realize it and do something about it, the better cruising will become for everyone.

Edited by cruisenfever
  • Like 1

I've been following your thread here with great interest. As a PC Member since 2012, I find it very disturbing as to the behavior of some.

Back when the level was created (January 21, 2011), it was just another level in C&A. But, during the course of the year, the Charter PC Members (those that had 100+ cruise credits prior to the conversion) were not happy with their benefits because they were only getting what D+ were getting and nothing special. RCI, again, created a level and but never thought out the logistics of the level.

Most of the PC Members are very nice but then there are those select few PC Members that believe that they are "entitled" to all the benefits because they paid to become Pinnacle. Nobody held a gun to their head and made them cruise on RCI.

RCI's biggest mistake was when they told PC Members that they would be issued Gold SeaPass Cards and be entitled to Suite Privileges. This was back on November 11, 2011 when the email was sent out.

So, now "entitlement" comes into the picture and it has escalated above and beyond what RCI expected and which was pretty evident on the recent President's Cruise. Everyone wants to be Pinnacle because they have reached the top............it reminds me of high school where Seniors ruled!!

Cruising is a choice of vacation. The number of cruises that one does is also a choice. Cabin selection is a choice and should be all benefits should be honored.

RCI created a monster when they decided to create Pinnacle Club. And the sooner they realize it and do something about it, the better cruising will become for everyone.

Very well stated.

Very well said and good information too.

This is the most relevant, profound comment on this thread. And from a pinnacle to boot. Appreciate your candor and objectivity. Thank you.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried making a knockoff pinnacle name tag to wear around a ship?

Have seen it, really tacky. :o And that man was very rude to the crew members also as he threw his weight around pretending to be Pinnacle. That man has just recently made it to actual Pinnacle.

There are rude and insensitive people in all walks of life and all levels of C&A. But fortunately for us, they are in minority. Most people are kind and thoughtful. I have many wonderful Pinnacle friends that we enjoy associating with. I think for some, when they see a rude person wearing a Pinnacle tag...they just assume that all of them are like that. Shame.

Edited by island lady