Opening up petition between balconys

On 9/25/2018 at 2:40 PM, Vlgg731 said:

This is going to be an issue for me on Allure December 2019. I booked 3 cabins Central Park Balconeys so we could have the dividers open and the grands can go from one room to the others.

I've never heard of it being a problem on Allure. 

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wasn’t there also an issue with some of the early Balcony dividers not being able to be fully secured and they had the porptential to bang around in rougher weather?

I believe this is the issue with Navigator and Mariner.

On 9/25/2018 at 4:25 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

Whenever I've heard discussions about opening balcony dividers, I've assumed the discussion always meant those on the outside of the ship (overlooking the ocean). I never even considered whether the interior balconies (Central Park and Boardwalk) had partitions that could open. Can any one shed some light?

We were able to have our Boardwalk balcony partition opened on Oasis last November.

1 minute ago, floridajan said:

Does anyone know if the balcony dividers can be opened on the Adventure of the Seas?  We will be on Deck 9 and have 2 adjacent Balcony cabins and were hoping that we can open up the outdoor space.  

Thanks! 

Janella

They can be opened, subject to Captains approval.

6 minutes ago, floridajan said:

Does anyone know if the balcony dividers can be opened on the Adventure of the Seas?  We will be on Deck 9 and have 2 adjacent Balcony cabins and were hoping that we can open up the outdoor space.  

Thanks! 

Janella

Balcony dividers cannot be opened on the first gen Voyager class ships: Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure.

9 minutes ago, floridajan said:

Thanks! 

Janella

Nope.  The balconies of Adventure (and Voyager and Explorer) are actually part of the superstructure/hull of the ship.  There are no partitions that can be opened.

adventure-of-the-seas.jpg

Love having family in a row, with all the littlest running to visit. I agree with many posters that having them open is great. We booked too close to the bridge once and were told we could NOT have our lights on, curtains open or dividers open for 3 nights of our cruise. I did NOT notice any difference in weather but there was a "navigational" reason for the Captain to have a typed note in several cabins when we returned from the show.