Oasis vs panorama/horizon

crazycatlady82

Hi all-I’m wondering your thoughts about taking a RCCL cruise on the oasis vs carnival’s panorama (or horizon). Completely different ports of call, however, this time, I’d be cruising for the ship.

The most important aspect for me is that we’d be taking our (right now) 13 yr old daughter. She’d more than likely be 14 when we’d take the cruise. I’d want her to enjoy being on the ship.

Prices are similar for a 7 day cruise in a balcony. I’ve cruised carnival 5x, rccl 1x, and celebrity 2x, while hubby’s first cruise will be this August on carnival to Alaska with me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Been on oasis twice love Central Park at night awesome ship but for me and DW like the smaller ships. Royal promenade is like a mall if I want a mall I can drive to a mall for the day not the week. We like the fantasy class most. But a 14 YO a oasis class is gonna be impressive for sure.In the end your on a ship in the ocean just enjoy your time and your vacation make it best for your family.

Nothing can beat the big girls Oasis for sure. Ports are boring but you said you are cruising for the ship so Oasis.

Oh piece of advice book the dive show for the first option because it does get cancelled often and if its on day 1 or 2 you have plenty of time to make it up.

Vista was a huge disappointment and has such terrible reviews so no Horizon or Panorama (Vista class) for us anytime soon. We've been on Allure and Harmony (Oasis class) and they are by far better than anything Carnival has in a large ship. If its this ship you're looking for then Oasis class is the best by a mile. Carnival will soon have mega ships with far less space but more people, no thanks, give me the mall of the seas any day over that.

Trying Oasis for first time. We had the Horizon booked but got 2 cabins on the Oasis (kids sail free) for the price of 1 on Horizon in the family harbor. We are taking an 11 and 10 year old with us. I am going on the Horizon with friends (no kids) in May 2019 Havana room.

Oasis by a mile, Ive done Oasis twice. Not even a comparison, though i think next time i want a inside balcony to watch the high diving show and water shows from my balcony. Did outside last time and kept wishing id gone with a inside balcony.

Get one as close to the end of the ship as you can get, as close to the diving show.

Just to keep it interesting, we were disappointed in our Oasis cruise. Felt way less then a cruise and more like a Disney trip. Can’t feel the ocean, way to much planning, where they go is so limited, no tender ports. I can go on....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oasis class is all about the ship. Can't wait to see Carnivals bohemiths. If Vista class is any indication it's more people and less public space, more nickel and diming, and a crappy theatre.

Yeah give me some planning anyday where I get a decent seat in a decent venue at an amazing show. Carnival can't even compare to the entrainment and open space on Oasis class.

But hey pass the Carnival kool-aid and I may change my mind.

Oasis class is all about the ship. Can't wait to see Carnivals bohemiths. If Vista class is any indication it's more people and less public space, more nickel and diming, and a crappy theatre.

Yeah give me some planning anyday where I get a decent seat in a decent venue at an amazing show. Carnival can't even compare to the entrainment and open space on Oasis class.

I still have no idea why Carnival designed the Vista class ships the way they did. Both Dream and Conquest class ships are far superior to Vista class ships in my opinion. At one time I had two cruises booked on Vista. But after my first cruise on Vista, I changed the second Vista cruise to a cruise on Magic.

Just to keep it interesting, we were disappointed in our Oasis cruise. Felt way less then a cruise and more like a Disney trip. Can’t feel the ocean, way to much planning, where they go is so limited, no tender ports. I can go on....

Tender ports? Didn’t you mean to say Water Shuttle ports?

Im giving odds on the that but hope springs eternal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't been on Vista Class ships but for what it's worth, my 4 Oasis Class cruises were, by far, the most amazing ship experiences I ever had. That's out of 54 cruises across 7 cruise lines.

I agree they are amazing ships (only been in the one, which was enough for me). It has to do with the lack of the cruise experience I had problems with. That said, I was in vast minority for posting that when I reviewed our cruise also.....

Hands down.....any Oasis class ship over ANY Vista class ship!! We've been on Allure and Harmony and Vista.....OMG, Vista was the WORST ship we've ever been on.....no more Vista class for us...more pax, more crowding, less common space and horrible theatre space.....just awful. We LOVED both the Oasis class ships, they are our favorite ships to date....and OP, your daughter will have the time of her life, there is soooo much to do on an Oasis class ship. :D