Transfer booking to TA

travellingnana

Why wouldn't you book directly with a TA and save yourself the hassle?

If the cabin you want opens up during hours your TA is unavailable, for one reason.

All you need to do is give the booking number to your TA. It is their job to notify Princess that they have taken over the booking. You can just place it on hold if you are certain you will reach your TA and they will have time to post the deposit before the hold expires; if not sure than you need to put the deposit down with Princess yourself.

The easiest way, for me, is to go to the Princess site and find exactly what I want. Then I put a "hold" on it. I call or e-mail the TA with the reservation number and SHE pays the deposit with my credit card number.

As to why us the TA....some give great service. Some give discounted pricing, OBC, or other perks. And in situations like I am in now, it is great to have someone on your side. Basically, Princess owes me $415. Our cruise ended more than a month ago. They have assured me that it will be credited to my Visa, but nothing so far. At least they have also confirmed with the TA that the refund should be coming, and she will call them again on Monday to see what the problem is (why it hasn't been refunded yet).

I always book my own cruises and only transfer to my TA just before final payment. At that point he discounts the price so I pay less and he gets a (reduced) commission for doing pretty much nothing. We both win. I simply send him the info so he can be aware and then I send an email to Princess. The proper email address is: revenuesupportdepartment@princesscruises.com

The email contains the necessary info to effect the transfer:

=============================================

Booking: XXXXXX

Voyage: XXXX

I would like to transfer this booking to my travel agent.

• Agency: XXXXXX
  • Agent: XXXXXXX
  • Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Thank you for your assistance.

==========================

This is all it takes to effect the transfer.

I book directly through Princess usually when the cruise first becomes available. Then I search around for perks from a TA. When I find one I like, I notify them of the booking number and other data and they move it to their account. It actually is quite easy. So far I have never had a problem transferring the reservation to a TA and one time in the past had the booking moved back to Princess due to an incompetent TA.

I always book my own cruises and only transfer to my TA just before final payment. At that point he discounts the price so I pay less and he gets a (reduced) commission for doing pretty much nothing. We both win. I simply send him the info so he can be aware and then I send an email to Princess. The proper email address is: revenuesupportdepartment@princesscruises.com

Though if you transfer it sooner, you may be able to take advantage of possible cheaper prices if your TA has a group and group amenities. By doing it right before final payment, group space maybe gone.

Hi Thrak,

thanks for the info. one question - did you use Future Cruise Deposit to book with Princess?

We did once using FCD with Princess on curtsy hold. then contacted our TA to complete the booking.

We were told cause we used the FCD on that booking, that FCD was a payment for the trip, so we can't transfer to TA, unless we filled a form and fax it to Princess. We gave up the transfer.

So does it matte using FCD or not?

Hi Thrak,

thanks for the info. one question - did you use Future Cruise Deposit to book with Princess?

We did once using FCD with Princess on curtsy hold. then contacted our TA to complete the booking.

We were told cause we used the FCD on that booking, that FCD was a payment for the trip, so we can't transfer to TA, unless we filled a form and fax it to Princess. We gave up the transfer.

Yes, that would be the form he included in his post. If you didn't have money on it, the TA can pick it up herself, but once you put money down, Princess wants to hear from you directly. It's no big deal to do -- nobody has a fax machine anymore; you can do the faxing online through email.

Hi Thrak,

Its easy to do with or without a deposit on the booking.

We were told cause we used the FCD on that booking, that FCD was a payment for the trip, so we can't transfer to TA, unless we filled a form and fax it to Princess.

I have no problem in the past transferring a booking to a TA made directly with Princess using a FCD. I just called the TA and she took care of it.

With another cruise line and another TA, I had to send an E-mail to the TA who used that to inform the cruise line that I wanted to transfer the booking to him.

I had a relative move a booking to my TA. A weekend was involved but it did take 24 hours. I think it would have been quicker had it be a week day.

Well since I don’t have TA/Princess computer system access my time involved was minimal. If there is a deposit sometimes I will do a 3 way call and as far as I know it’s changed immediately if the Princess rep and TA are on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well since I don’t have TA/Princess computer system access my time involved was minimal. If there is a deposit sometimes I will do a 3 way call and as far as I know it’s changed immediately if the Princess rep and TA are on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Ta submits a form. She said it done within hours during the week day. I know she can grab any booking in minutes with out a deposit. It probably would be quicker with a 3 way call.

Hi Thrak,

I don't put anything (money, credit card, FCD) on a courtesy hold. You don't need to. Then I can use the FCD thru my TA with no difficulty.

I don't put anything (money' date=' credit card, FCD) on a courtesy hold. You don't need to. Then I can use the FCD thru my TA with no difficulty.[/quote']

Sometimes I do need to put a deposit down before transferring.

If I make a booking that the courtesy hold is running out and I cant get ahold of my TA right away, and Princess won't extend it then I put down an FCD. That way its on hold and I can transfer whenever.

Not sure what the big deal is. It makes no difference either way.