Wow Holy Increase - Escape March 2019

Paphillyguy

Since I am still within my cancellation window, I periodically check the prices and offering on a cruise I have booked. I had checked yesterday and it was the same price I had booked. Today, I checked and a H9 has increased by over $700 per person. Actually, all of the Haven rooms have increased dramatically. What is interesting is that the same rooms that were available yesterday are still the same ones offered today.

I am glad I booked when I did.

I do get that prices rise and fall just I have not experienced a $750 price jump per person in one day.

that's exactly what happened to our Thanksgiving cruise. Just 2 days ago prices were $499 pp for the cheapest inside cabin. Today they are $1,019 per person!!!!! That's $600 pp increase for an INSIDE!!!

I am so glad I booked our cruise at the beginning of Sep, and my mom's cruise last week.

Prices go up and down based on available inventory.. I've had prices change pretty dramatically when booking multiple rooms online. I booked one room it was $2200, when I went to book a second room it had jumped to $2700. (minutes apart) I ended up having to call them to get the same price on that second room as well as another 2 that I needed.

There has been large price increases the last 2 years.

the only times they have not sky rocketed are few slow times like early December January and October.

On the cruses I have been looking at the price hikes and the all the Freebies that cost you extra brings the cost of cursing NCL above RCI, Celebrity, Carnival, MSC and others.

3rd week of March for 2 adults and a teen in a balcony on Bliss $4100

On RCI Alure that week in the balcony $3200 plus Beverage package for 2 $3900 and a $100 credit.

MSC was only $2900 for the same stuff.

Spring Break might be the cause of this depending on the week

My thought exactly and spring break covers almost the entire month of March now days. Many college kids are out the first week and from there on, depending on the state kids get their break anytime between the second week of Marcch up to Easter week.

There has been large price increases the last 2 years.

the only times they have not sky rocketed are few slow times like early December January and October.

On the cruses I have been looking at the price hikes and the all the Freebies that cost you extra brings the cost of cursing NCL above RCI, Celebrity, Carnival, MSC and others.

3rd week of March for 2 adults and a teen in a balcony on Bliss $4100

On RCI Alure that week in the balcony $3200 plus Beverage package for 2 $3900 and a $100 credit.

MSC was only $2900 for the same stuff.

I guessing you will see the same increases on other lines jumping ot NCL will retreat and drop the prices back to reality. Let's hope

BTW you are quoting the Bliss and comparing it to other ships: remember there is bit difference in a new ship with bells and whistles and a bit older ships even though the Allure is a great ship.

I guessing you will see the same increases on other lines jumping ot NCL will retreat and drop the prices back to reality. Let's hope

BTW you are quoting the Bliss and comparing it to other ships: remember there is bit difference in a new ship with bells and whistles and a bit older ships even though the Allure is a great ship.

Your correct but the MSC ship is new and so are the Celebrity ships, Allure is not.

And yes the new ship on RCI is even more expensive.

Over all though I am seeing NCL not being such a good deal anymore. I usually would spend less than RCI and Celebrity now its more.

RCI and NCL are a similar experience for me. Celebrity can be a little old school stuffy an boring after dinner but the ships are beautiful and the food is good.

So as some others on here are saying compare the final cost (I always have done this ).

that's exactly what happened to our Thanksgiving cruise. Just 2 days ago prices were $499 pp for the cheapest inside cabin. Today they are $1,019 per person!!!!! That's $600 pp increase for an INSIDE!!!

I am so glad I booked our cruise at the beginning of Sep, and my mom's cruise last week.

$499 sounds like a GTY cabin while $1019 sounds like the first available with perks... GTY probably sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked my angled BA balcony on the Bliss for this coming February a full year out. We paid $1079 per person. The price for a BA on our sailing is now $1699 per person. A Sail Away Balcony is $1449!

Price went up to $1799 pp last night, so this cabin is now $720 more per person than we paid. It's completely insane. Literally right now on this sailing, a Mid-ship Balcony is $1799pp while an Aft Balcony is only $1749 and a Spa Balcony is only $1899.

When it comes to NCL these days I only book last minute sailaway. I want to choose my room and I don't want to pay for any of the "freebies". However NCL doesn't give me a way to do exactly that.

So might as well just book last minute cheapo solo sailaway.

Price went up to $1799 pp last night, so this cabin is now $720 more per person than we paid. It's completely insane. Literally right now on this sailing, a Mid-ship Balcony is $1799pp while an Aft Balcony is only $1749 and a Spa Balcony is only $1899.

And now it's up to $1829! Just this week, I have seen the price go from $1629 to $1829. We paid $1079! A BA is $1829, an Aft Balcony is $1769, a Large Balcony is $1819, and a Spa Balcony is $1899. How does that make any sense?!?!

Oh that's not insane. I tried to book a Mardi Gras cruise a few years ago, it was nearly sold out and there were only a couple of balcony cabins left for ONLY $7600 per person!! Booked if for next year for $1900pp

Oh that's not insane. I tried to book a Mardi Gras cruise a few years ago, it was nearly sold out and there were only a couple of balcony cabins left for ONLY $7600 per person!! Booked if for next year for $1900pp

I think it's weird that an Aft Balcony is selling for less than a mid-ship and a Spa Balcony is selling for only $70 more when a spa pass by itself is $200.

We haven't been on NCL since 2015 (?) a few months after Escape debuted. I think I paid about $2,400 for that cruise and only booked a few months in advance. This upcoming Februrary Getaway would have been over $3,500 and Bliss nearly $4,100 for comparable cabins. I just looked at NCL again this morning to see what was out there, but no thanks. We'll stick with Celebrity for $2,400ish with drinks/tips/wifi and $450 OBC included...