Change credit card after final payment

We booked our cruise over a year ago and final payment was two months ago. We paid with everything using our debit card until we realized we could have gotten so many points using a charge card. (We paid for a two bedroom aquatheatre suite, balcony, and an outside view stateroom so $$$) Has anyone ever asked Royal to switch cards after final payment? I know it's a long shot that they would allow this, but I figured someone has been in same situation! Thank you!

We booked our cruise over a year ago and final payment was two months ago. We paid with everything using our debit card until we realized we could have gotten so many points using a charge card. (We paid for a two bedroom aquatheatre suite, balcony, and an outside view stateroom so $$$) Has anyone ever asked Royal to switch cards after final payment? I know it's a long shot that they would allow this, but I figured someone has been in same situation! Thank you!

If you are trying to switch the card you used to make final payment, you can only do that if you cancel the cabins and rebook them. You would be in penalty phase and when rebooking would have to pay the going rate for the cabins, which is likely higher.

If you are trying to switch the card that is set up for your on board account, you can do that as part of you online check in or call and have it done. You could also change it at the pier.

My agent was able to do it for me for a last minute cruise. Not considered a cancel since you are overpaying and then getting refunded. Surprisingly, the refund was processed very quickly.

You don't even have to tell them if you're doing the "change" once onboard. No matter what you fill out on your form, they still have to "run" the card when you get there.....take an imprint, if you will......no worries. This happens ALL the time.

You don't even have to tell them if you're doing the "change" once onboard. No matter what you fill out on your form, they still have to "run" the card when you get there.....take an imprint, if you will......no worries. This happens ALL the time.

That's not what they were asking. Did you even bother to read the original post?

Call your agent immediately. We ran into an issue this week and our agent’s agency was able to charge another card and reimburse the card she had used. Wasn’t a problem. But it wasn’t for this cruiseline and I don’t know if that makes a difference. Make that call now!!