Funshops bottled water

robc1972

What am I missing?

I want to order water for next cruise and checked out what options are.

8 big bottles is $20

12 small bottles is $4.50

8 big bottles equals 24 small bottles which I can get for $9

Why would anyone buy the big bottles at more than twice the price?

Maybe they will raise the price of the small ones to be more in line with the large ones

No, I doubt it. What happened was they lowered the price of the smaller bottles when they came out with the “no bottles allowed to be brought on board” rule. They just never lowered the price of the larger bottles for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When Carnival prohibited people bringing on bottled water, they offered the smaller bottles at a lower price to help mitigate the noise factor.

I guess they left the price of the bigger bottles high for those used to overpaying on other cruise lines.

What am I missing?

I want to order water for next cruise and checked out what options are.

8 big bottles is $20

12 small bottles is $4.50

8 big bottles equals 24 small bottles which I can get for $9

Why would anyone buy the big bottles at more than twice the price?

I thought the same thing.

We had a difficult time using the two free big bottles that we receive for free. We do buy the 12 pack and carry several ashore with us and normally we'll use all 12. We will use one of the liter bottles for taking meds with and if we're thirsty during the night. Of course none of that answers why they sell the big bottles for more because I would only be guessing.

I like the big bottle, but I'm not willing to pay the premium for it. I find them more convenient to stick in my backpack on excursions than having a bunch of little bottles. When I do cruises where I have Cheers, I'll make sure to ask for a bottle of water at dinner in the MDR so I can get the big bottle. This upcoming cruise, I'm not doing Cheers, so I've ordered a couple of 12 packs of the small bottles for my room. It's still not a terrible deal even with the delivery fee. Honestly, even if I could bring water on board with me, I'd probably just order it rather than lug a case of water with me through the lines and then have to carry it around till my room is ready.

Grocery stores do the same thing. The larger size is not always the best deal. Around here Kroger sometimes sells the 1/2 gallons of milk for $1.50 but gallons are $3.50. But I still see people buy the gallons.

We had a difficult time using the two free big bottles that we receive for free. We do buy the 12 pack and carry several ashore with us and normally we'll use all 12. We will use one of the liter bottles for taking meds with and if we're thirsty during the night. Of course none of that answers why they sell the big bottles for more because I would only be guessing.

Unless I am flying, I bring the VIFP bottle home to drink later.

The free large bottles just get used to refill the small bottles. I keep a bottle handy for taking meds, too. The little cups in the bathroom are for putting toothpaste, etc. in - little things we don't want to roll around on the shelves. I don't drink out of those.

Don't forget if you get Cheers you don't necessarily need water sent to the room except for convenience . I try to get a bottle each time walking back to the room and leave it for taking off ship and such, but I always get Cheers.

When Carnival prohibited people bringing on bottled water, they offered the smaller bottles at a lower price to help mitigate the noise factor.

I guess they left the price of the bigger bottles high for those used to overpaying on other cruise lines.

I've been on other lines you lost me on that one.msc has the lowest drink prices so far.but 5000plus passenger ships are not my thing.