User CP

26 minutes ago, shof515 said:

User CP is now Account Settings 

The useful part of User CP showed subscribed threads with new posts and subscribed forums in one easy location. "Manage Followed Content" doesn't link to subscribed forums.

3 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Where can I change the way I see posts in followed threads. I prefer to see the most recent post first.

I asked this on the help thread. 

This is what I copied from my question: There is not a setting to change the order in which the topic or posts are displayed

You can click on the "go to last page" button if you prefer to read the newest.  The is next to  the page numbers at the top and bottom of every topic.  Looks like this  >>

Edited by retiredgram

2 hours ago, Underwatr said:

The useful part of User CP showed subscribed threads with new posts and subscribed forums in one easy location. "Manage Followed Content" doesn't link to subscribed forums.

That is my issue also.  It is kind of a pain to have to find each forum I used to follow.  Hopefully, there is a way to do this that just isn't apparent yet.

20 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

That is my issue also.  It is kind of a pain to have to find each forum I used to follow.  Hopefully, there is a way to do this that just isn't apparent yet.

After you go to "Manage Followed Content" , go to "Activity" tab, then go to "My Activity Streams", then on the drop down, pick "Content I Follow" and that will give you your subscribed threads, but it lists each new message on the threads, not just the threads.

It's a good thing it is slow at work today, so I can play around with this.:classic_ohmy:

Edited by ecslady

25 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I've been doing some more exploring, within "Manage Followed Content" there are two subsections accessed by the three horizontal lines on the left, next to Content Type (but not the "Content Type" link itself).

"Topics" shows you all of the topics that you follow, in order by most recent post in each topic. "Cruise Critic Community" shows you all of the Forums you follow, in order of most recent post in each Forum.

I'm still dealing with finding the settings to automatically follow a topic when you reply to it (I think it's a check box somewhere that I just haven't found) and with why the "Cruise Critic Community" page doesn't seem to be updating with new last-post dates since the forum reopened (I'm guessing this is a bug)

EDIT: "Automatically follow new content I post" and "Automatically follow content I reply to" are two separate options under Notification Settings within Account Settings. Should be a one-time fix for eternity. 🙂

Edited by Underwatr

Click on the little bell beside your username and change your notifications.  That will enable you to see unread content.  It will also show how much new content is there with a little red number in superscript.

2E27CE1F-6874-4D73-A093-F908905C7760.jpeg

5ED70DF0-C9A3-4E11-9A82-5472F5FBC767.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*

31 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

I've been doing some more exploring, within "Manage Followed Content" there are two subsections accessed by the three horizontal lines on the left, next to Content Type (but not the "Content Type" link itself).

"Topics" shows you all of the topics that you follow, in order by most recent post in each topic. "Cruise Critic Community" shows you all of the Forums you follow, in order of most recent post in each Forum.

I'm still dealing with finding the settings to automatically follow a topic when you reply to it (I think it's a check box somewhere that I just haven't found) and with why the "Cruise Critic Community" page doesn't seem to be updating with new last-post dates since the forum reopened (I'm guessing this is a bug)

EDIT: "Automatically follow new content I post" and "Automatically follow content I reply to" are two separate options under Notification Settings within Account Settings. Should be a one-time fix for eternity. 🙂

Thanks for your replies. I had been to those areas; but they don’t have links to the forums I follow, just the new posts. I like to go certain forums and just peruse new and old posts. 

I’ll be patient and find a way that works for me. I might just have to set up links on my desktop. 

1 hour ago, retiredgram said:

I asked this on the help thread. 

This is what I copied from my question: There is not a setting to change the order in which the topic or posts are displayed

You can click on the "go to last page" button if you prefer to read the newest.  The is next to  the page numbers at the top and bottom of every topic.  Looks like this  >>

Thanks....I only see that option for all threads I'm following. What I'd like is to have the most recent post of a thread show at the top when I open the thread. I guess I'll keep reseraching. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

36 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks for your replies. I had been to those areas; but they don’t have links to the forums I follow, just the new posts. I like to go certain forums and just peruse new and old posts. 

I’ll be patient and find a way that works for me. I might just have to set up links on my desktop. 

Hi MVP.  Is this what you are looking for?

963E6881-75D4-4112-BFA8-6D96070CA41D.jpeg

42 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I'm discovering that you can do pretty much what we could before, but there are just different ways of doing things. 

"Activity Streams" are very customizable in terms of filtering all new posts vs posts that you follow, newest first/oldest first, etc. "Manage Followed Content" gives you a list of subscribed forums and threads, but I believe that's really intended for managing whether you continue following them, not for finding new content.

So at its heart, this is just going to be an exercise in learning to use a forum that doesn't behave like any other forum I use. Its key shortcoming appears to be this learning curve.

2 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks....I only see that option for all threads I'm following. What I'd like is to have the most recent post of a thread show at the top when I open the thread. I guess I'll keep reseraching. 

Please post back if you find a way.

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

I'm discovering that you can do pretty much what we could before, but there are just different ways of doing things. 

"Activity Streams" are very customizable in terms of filtering all new posts vs posts that you follow, newest first/oldest first, etc. "Manage Followed Content" gives you a list of subscribed forums and threads, but I believe that's really intended for managing whether you continue following them, not for finding new content.

So at its heart, this is just going to be an exercise in learning to use a forum that doesn't behave like any other forum I use. Its key shortcoming appears to be this learning curve.

"Manage Followed Content" shows new posts to the forums I watch; but not the forum itself.  Kind of frustrating.

I started this thread and it didn't automatically subscribe me to it, or say that I'm following it.  I had to find where you follow a thread and manually mark this thread as following.  Now I hope it actually shows up in the content I follow. Let's see.

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Missymo said:

Since update, My name is no longer on top of the Cruise Critic page when I log on.    It only says I am logged in/out.  Under that is an advertisement.  how do I get my name to show up again..  

Do you see your name on the top right like this?

E942B81F-7284-4525-873F-60EE05347159.jpeg

6 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

6 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

No unfortunately there is nothing there. Just the bell and the envelope. I don't even have the +create.  Tried rebooting, but name not showing up 

Edited by Missymo

2 minutes ago, Missymo said:

No unfortunately there is nothing there. 

Hmm.  My name doesn’t appear when I am on the main Cruise Critic page.  It only shows up if I go to “Boards”.  Could that be what you are experiencing?