Can't login via Tapatalk

It is a real shame to see Cruise Critic take a step backwards in interoperability and integration with what seems to be no concern for the customer's preferences.  CC needs to provide us the flexibility to visit this site as we wish, so get us the plug in to access the CC site AND tapatalk via all media means especially via portable media (e.g., cell phones).  In the long run, CC is hurting themselves for losing customers' trust and site usage.

It is just plain stupid that I have to got to CC's URL, then log in, then look up my preferred boards.  Whatever happened to using apps?  PLEASE FIX IT!!!!

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1
Additional thoughts
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I am highly dismayed at the loss of my recent LIVE thread posts.  I had to use Tapatalk so pics could be uploaded inline.  It had over 27,000 views and now it’s a mess.  All that work and internet time!  😭

I feel your pain, having just completed a live report as well. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the photos would be returning at some point, let's hope. 

Bob

Just now, boblerm said:

I feel your pain, having just completed a live report as well. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the photos would be returning at some point, let's hope. 

Bob

I can see those pics in the “My Attachments” window so it gives me hope that they’ll somehow manage to integrate it back.  They’re just not showing up in the thread anymore.  Just a bunch of BBCode... basically rendering the whole thread useless.  🙁

1 hour ago, Zqueeze1 said:

It is a real shame to see Cruise Critic take a step backwards in interoperability and integration with what seems to be no concern for the customer's preferences.  CC needs to provide us the flexibility to visit this site as we wish, so get us the plug in to access the CC site AND tapatalk via all media means especially via portable media (e.g., cell phones).  In the long run, CC is hurting themselves for losing customers' trust and site usage.

It is just plain stupid that I have to got to CC's URL, then log in, then look up my preferred boards.  Whatever happened to using apps?  PLEASE FIX IT!!!!

Z and TB

Z and or TB,

I put a shortcut to CC forum (boards.cruisecritic.com) on the home screen of my phone, and am able to get in with one click. I don't have to log in every time. Seems pretty easy to post photos. 

Still trying to learn all the ins and outs, for example I can't seem to mingle text with photos, still a work in progress. 

I am begging you, don't let this deter you from posting your great trip reports! 

One advantage to using the mobile is rather than tapatalk is that you can edit posts, as I am doing now. I was unable to do so, at least with the Android tapatalk app. 

On the downside I did just have to log in again. 😒

Bob 

Edited by boblerm

Please install the plugin for Tapatalk to work with the new boards.   You will lose the majority of those users everyday use of the boards, which helps promote these boards.  

Tapatalk users like myself will not struggle with your new site without Tapatalk   It’s painful.  

You willl be losing the word of mouth advertisement for this site, as we all recommend others here.  

So, if you feel this is a business decision not to use Tapatalk to not lose on advertising, you would be wrong.  You will still be losing, as we won’t be here and we won’t bring in more new users, who could look at your ads.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Agree with everyones pain. What we need is for CC to respond. Let’s us know why Tapatalk is gone and what they will be doing about fixing the older threads. We need answers not silence. This is not criticism it’s communication.

There actually have been multiple posts about both issues. I understand not everyone reads every thread, but you can't say they're not communicating.

Tapatalk is not compatible with this forum software.  It's not a case of simply installing it.  It doesn't work.

They are working on fixing the older threads. 

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

There actually have been multiple posts about both issues. I understand not everyone reads every thread, but you can't say they're not communicating.

Tapatalk is not compatible with this forum software.  It's not a case of simply installing it.  It doesn't work.

They are working on fixing the older threads. 

From what I have researched it is compatible. 

This morning I took a deep dive into the new software. It is pretty powerful. I can pretty much recreate the Tapatalk experience with Custom Activity Streams. I can live without Tapatalk. My only issue is that the photos I posted are gone. I would suggest the admins create a tutorial on how to do that because I think a lot of members may not figure it out on their own as I have. 

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

This morning I took a deep dive into the new software. It is pretty powerful. I can pretty much recreate the Tapatalk experience with Custom Activity Streams. I can live without Tapatalk. My only issue is that the photos I posted are gone. I would suggest the admins create a tutorial on how to do that because I think a lot of members may not figure it out on their own as I have. 

They';re working on the photos and tutorials.  I think it makes sense to hold off a little bit on the tutorials because if they make a change, they might need to redo the tutorial.

I had read on an Invision forum that tapatalk wasn't compatible and posted that here and Jenn said that was the problem.  So I went with that. 

4 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Z and TB

The contention that CC HAS to cater to every users' preferred method of interface strikes me as silly.

There is a learning curve and it is frustrating at the beginning. One can paste a direct link on your mobile home screen to a custom stream. Create a custom stream by navigating to the Activity tab, click on My Activity Streams, Create New Stream. Once the stream is created place a link on your home screen.

25 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

They';re working on the photos and tutorials.  I think it makes sense to hold off a little bit on the tutorials because if they make a change, they might need to redo the tutorial.

I had read on an Invision forum that tapatalk wasn't compatible and posted that here and Jenn said that was the problem.  So I went with that. 

What I have read indicated is that the plug in issue you read about was short lived and fixed by installing an updated plug in.

I don’t see the point in of not having Tapatalk available but they have the right to make the choice. If it is for ads, when I disable ad blocking on my iPad I see the ads but on my phone they don’t show with blocking disabled. Maybe they will get the ads to show but I don’t expect to see them with the blocker I used as it is blocks browser ads. If they had a custom mobile app they could work around ad blocking. I see ads in plenty of mobile apps unless I make an in app purchase of an ad free version. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

I agree....I literally just finished my jewel of the seas greek isles review a week or so ago and uploaded all the photos via tapatalk and now they are all gone! complete waste

I agree with you. The photos I recently spent so much time editing (for quality and required sizing) for my first review have all gone. Believe me, I’m having second thoughts about reviewing my upcoming Edge cruise! 

Edited by Silkroad

i emailed Tapatalk support and they said they sent the CC forum admin a notification about the plug-in issue, and what needs to be done to correct it. They said we should report the same to the CC forum admin as requests from members often get looked into more quickly. I hope the forum admins realize how beneficial Tapatalk is. I use my computer at work and Tapatalk on the go. If you get rid of Tapatalk access I will not be spending more time on the "mobile version", I will just use CC less.

Edited by Mistizoom
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mistizoom said:

i emailed Tapatalk support and they said they sent the CC forum admin a notification about the plug-in issue, and what needs to be done to correct it. They said we should report the same to the CC forum admin as requests from members often get looked into more quickly. I hope the forum admins realize how beneficial Tapatalk is. I use my computer at work and Tapatalk on the go. If you get rid of Tapatalk access I will not be spending more time on the "mobile version", I will just use CC less.

Same here. If I can't use Tapatalk, I won't be spending much time on this forum going forward. I fully understand that they don't wish to continue maintaining their own separate app, but enabling Tapatalk access seems like a no-brainer to me. Hopefully they'll do so soon. If not, oh well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HouNew2Cruise said:

Please install the plugin for Tapatalk to work with the new boards.   You will lose the majority of those users everyday use of the boards, which helps promote these boards.  

Tapatalk users like myself will not struggle with your new site without Tapatalk   It’s painful.  

You willl be losing the word of mouth advertisement for this site, as we all recommend others here.  

So, if you feel this is a business decision not to use Tapatalk to not lose on advertising, you would be wrong.  You will still be losing, as we won’t be here and we won’t bring in more new users, who could look at your ads.

Exactly, I used to promote Cruise Critic on both Reddit and Facebook groups. If Tapatalk integration doesn't return I'll go to those sites only for my cruise discussion fix.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 11:26 AM, Host Hattie said:

There is no access via Tapatalk or the CC app as mentioned in Laura's original announcement.

The new site is designed to be mobile friendly

Wrong. The original announcement said the CC app would go away but said nothing about Tapatalk. It's a simple plug-in so not activating it is just being hostile to the users of this site. And this site absolutely is not mobile -friendly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mistizoom said:

I would prefer the app and I know that it can work with the new CC forums, I am a Tapatalk beta tester, and use it for a variety of forums on different forum platforms, but I have been able to customize the new forums on my phone with the browser  to be similar to how Tapatalk works. I probably won’t be using CC less. Just less happily.....

39 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Same here. If I can't use Tapatalk, I won't be spending much time on this forum going forward. I fully understand that they don't wish to continue maintaining their own separate app, but enabling Tapatalk access seems like a no-brainer to me. Hopefully they'll do so soon. If not, oh well.

I for one can’t understand why any corporation in the year 2018 does not want to maintain an app. 

7 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

:classic_angry::classic_angry::classic_angry::classic_angry::classic_angry: it is not mobile friendly. 

A matter of opinion

1 minute ago, Got2Cruise said:

I for one can’t understand why any corporation in the year 2018 does not want to maintain an app. 

Cost is a principal factor.