Mmmm....new Updated & " Improved" CC Website...but Is It

janny444

I see there’s s button that, when you press it, allows you to share content on other social media, including Facebook. Does this mean we can now talk about Facebook groups without getting our knuckles rapped? Also I’ve not found how to post a photo yet, but will try now......

37290EF2-39FA-45F0-8ED8-158859C30198.jpeg

What is the point of the 'newest photos' on the right hand side of the page - is it something you can turn off.

Also I would rather that the thread content ran full width of the screen.

Edited by bee-ess
spelling

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m struggling to see things on this new system. It has taken me a week to get onto it!

Where is the thread search facility?

There is a new heart, it that a ‘like” system?

Looks like it.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, daiB said:

Looks like it.

I pressed the heart and then the like button , so do you have a notification of a like? I have now a small x by the side of the heart so presumably I could cancel it if I wanted to? I don’t know, just guessing 

8 minutes ago, Loz367 said:

I pressed the heart and then the like button , so do you have a notification of a like? I have now a small x by the side of the heart so presumably I could cancel it if I wanted to? I don’t know, just guessing 

I think the heart button is to save items, but where to and why I have no idea.

I’m starting to get used to this now.

I was annoyed at first as I couldn’t use the app but now I’ve found I can just use the forum via my phone browser and it’s mobile friendly whereas it wasn’t before.

i like the fact if you click on the blue dot to the left of the thread title it takes you to the last post you read.

Also the heart just gives a ‘like’ to the poster.

Edited by P&O SUE

On 10/26/2018 at 11:31 AM, bee-ess said:

What is the point of the 'newest photos' on the right hand side of the page - is it something you can turn off.

Also I would rather that the thread content ran full width of the screen.

Totally agree and I don't think the photos can be turned off.

If you can see it better on a phone that’s probably one of the background changes that we don’t see. I use an iPad so now have a stream of photos and adverts down the right hand side all the time.

There seems to be something wrong with the view counter. For the top lot of posts they can have several replies but show as zero views for some reason. I wonder if it counts something different.

i am also seeing a star for posts I have added to and a dot for those I haven’t opened yet. I’m sure there are other features I have not yet.

Like everything new it will take a bit of getting used to I suppose.

15 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

If you can see it better on a phone that’s probably one of the background changes that we don’t see. I use an iPad so now have a stream of photos and adverts down the right hand side all the time.

There seems to be something wrong with the view counter. For the top lot of posts they can have several replies but show as zero views for some reason. I wonder if it counts something different.

i am also seeing a star for posts I have added to and a dot for those I haven’t opened yet. I’m sure there are other features I have not yet.

Like everything new it will take a bit of getting used to I suppose.

I know it's not ideal but if you turn the iPad vertically the posts fill the screen like it does on a phone.

1 hour ago, Strawberry field said:

I know it's not ideal but if you turn the iPad vertically the posts fill the screen like it does on a phone.

I use an. Android tablet and have full screen, without photos, whether tablet is horizontal or vertical!!