Royal cant provide a coherent answer, i turn to you for guidance...

5 hours ago, Mikeandliz said:

On Anthem if using Royal IQ, how much does it cost to use the shipboard chat/instant message feature on the app for the week.

thanks

$8 per device for the entire cruise.

13 minutes ago, WI-Cruiser said:

I have a follow-up question.  Would the person you're texting with or calling also have to purchase the Package, or just the person initiating the communication?

Neither party needs to purchase an internet package to use Royal IQ.  It works just by connecting to Royal-wifi.  Both would need to buy the $7.95 per cruise texting/calling feature if they want to use it to communicate on the ship.

Or if you have an internet package where you can use what'sapp...do that and don't pay the $8pp for the IQ messaging. Just off carnival cruise with Hub app and we all paid $5 (us 4 adults) to message each other but we didn't use it much and used what'sapp. So was a waste of $20. Now, on Royal...is there different level internet packages and which allows you to use what'sapp? I had the middle net package, of the 3, on Carnival. Goiing on Royal in Jan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laumicmah said:

Or if you have an internet package where you can use what'sapp...do that and don't pay the $8pp for the IQ messaging. Just off carnival cruise with Hub app and we all paid $5 (us 4 adults) to message each other but we didn't use it much and used what'sapp. So was a waste of $20. Now, on Royal...is there different level internet packages and which allows you to use what'sapp? I had the middle net package, of the 3, on Carnival. Goiing on Royal in Jan.

The Grandeur does not have Royal IQ or any such thing.  Grandeur just has the internet connection - called VOOM.  That is the only thing that you can purchase if you want to communicate over the internet.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

The Grandeur does not have Royal IQ or any such thing.  Grandeur just has the internet connection - called VOOM.  That is the only thing that you can purchase if you want to communicate over the internet.

Ah...thanks. Guess we'll get Voom in each cabin. I need to research this more. Thanks.