Premium coffee other than Starbucks on Harmony?

frayedend

I got the deluxe drink plan and see that Starbucks isn't included.  Are there other places I can get good coffee drinks with my package on Harmony?  Is the free coffee drinkable?  I would really love to not have to purchase Starbucks after paying so much for the drink package.

13 minutes ago, frayedend said:

I got the deluxe drink plan and see that Starbucks isn't included.  Are there other places I can get good coffee drinks with my package on Harmony?  Is the free coffee drinkable?  I would really love to not have to purchase Starbucks after paying so much for the drink package.

Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants.

So glad for this question! We are getting the non-alcohol drinks package and didn't know where the specialty coffees were going to be served - we knew of course that Starbucks was separate. Also glad to hear they are serving Illy, which I really like. The last cruise we went on years ago on Liberty they were serving Seattle's Best, which was horrible - to me anyway! I'm sure some like it, but blech!

6 hours ago, GigiK said:

So glad for this question! We are getting the non-alcohol drinks package and didn't know where the specialty coffees were going to be served - we knew of course that Starbucks was separate. Also glad to hear they are serving Illy, which I really like. The last cruise we went on years ago on Liberty they were serving Seattle's Best, which was horrible - to me anyway! I'm sure some like it, but blech!

Ironically, Seattle's Best is owned by Starbucks.  I never liked it either, but honestly, I find Starbucks too bitter as well.

43 minutes ago, schmeed said:

Ironically, Seattle's Best is owned by Starbucks.  I never liked it either, but honestly, I find Starbucks too bitter as well.

I did not know that - I thought it was just a company using the name "Seattle" to coattail on Starbucks. AND it makes sense because I hate Starbucks, too. LOL. A world of people love it, but to me it just tastes like drinking ashes - how they smell anyway!

26 minutes ago, GigiK said:

I did not know that - I thought it was just a company using the name "Seattle" to coattail on Starbucks. AND it makes sense because I hate Starbucks, too. LOL. A world of people love it, but to me it just tastes like drinking ashes - how they smell anyway!

Starbucks bought the company in 2003.

I know the heading of this thread is 'Premium coffee' but I will just ask a quick Tea question, hopefully someone can advise me rather than starting a new thread. Is it possible to get a fresh brewed pot of tea at Café Promenade, or any other venue on Independence of the Seas?

It is several years since I have sailed RCI and really enjoy the pots of tea and food offerings in Celebrity's Café al Bacio. Is there somewhere similar?

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

I know the heading of this thread is 'Premium coffee' but I will just ask a quick Tea question, hopefully someone can advise me rather than starting a new thread. Is it possible to get a fresh brewed pot of tea at Café Promenade, or any other venue on Independence of the Seas?

It is several years since I have sailed RCI and really enjoy the pots of tea and food offerings in Celebrity's Café al Bacio. Is there somewhere similar?

With the exception of room service, I've never seen a pot of tea served.

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

With the exception of room service, I've never seen a pot of tea served.

Oh no!! :classic_ohmy::classic_sad:  I am on an Indy TA next year, so plenty of opportunities to sit and chat over a pot of tea and a cake on sea days. The tea served in Al Bacio on Celebrity is brilliant, I will have dreadful withdrawal symptoms for 14 days. 

3 minutes ago, laslomas said:

Oh no!! :classic_ohmy::classic_sad:  I am on an Indy TA next year, so plenty of opportunities to sit and chat over a pot of tea and a cake on sea days. The tea served in Al Bacio on Celebrity is brilliant, I will have dreadful withdrawal symptoms for 14 days. 

Cafe Promenade, Windhammer, and the MDR have complimentary hot water and tea bags.

31 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Cafe Promenade, Windhammer, and the MDR have complimentary hot water and tea bags.

Yes, I understand that. But a freshly brewed pot of tea (for a tea drinker), is as important as a decent freshly made speciality coffee is to a coffee drinker. Hot, not boiling water, and a tea bag is on par with hot water and a spoon of instant coffee. :classic_sad: 

Never mind, there is so much else to look forward to on Indy. :classic_biggrin: 🍸🥂

9 minutes ago, shibby sails said:

Is the deluxe beverage package accepted on Coco Cay. been awhile and I know carnival does not accept its beverage package on private island

Yes, Royal honors the beverage packages at Coco Cay and Labadee.