Is this the norm...for pricing?

jargey3000

we just now booked a cruise, kinda last minute.  (Celebrity 4-night for November).

just for "fun", I checked pricing on the exact same cruise,- same ship, same room- for next March. without quoting actual numbers, the March price was DOUBLE what we're paying.

Is this  the norm...book late, not early, for better pricing?

Does it have anything to do with the season November vs March?

just curious. Comments??

timing can matter  ..March many schools are out  so more people to cruise  😉

but also if the late booking is  soon they are just trying to fill cabins so will discount  the price

sometimes you get a deal & sometimes not  just depends on your risk factor

if you do not care  when/where you sail or where you sleep it can be a good deal booking late

JMO

10 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

we just now booked a cruise, kinda last minute.  (Celebrity 4-night for November).

just for "fun", I checked pricing on the exact same cruise,- same ship, same room- for next March. without quoting actual numbers, the March price was DOUBLE what we're paying.

Is this  the norm...book late, not early, for better pricing?

Does it have anything to do with the season November vs March?

just curious. Comments??

March is prime spring break time. I would not surprise me to find the price double, unless you are sailing over Thanksgiving next month.

Hi

The pricing for cruises with departures in late Nov. and early Dec. are typically as low as they get. Booking in advance with a rate that allows for price drop matching will most often give you the best prices possible. More important for some, is that it allows you to pick your preferred cabin location, as opposed to getting what is available.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Early November is “low season” -  also, if cruise is not selling out, fare reductions are common.  When I was cruising solo, I regularly booked less than a week in advance (and was willing to not sail if price wasn’t right) - and  usually paid 50%-75% of quoted fare - with no single supplement.

Cruise fares are kind of like airfares. Sometimes I can fly to Fla for under $100, but Thanksgiving week, some flights are around $400.  All depends on demand at specific times. Cruise fares to the  Caribbean  historically seem to be at their lowest from mid Nov to just prior to the Christmas/New Year's cruises.

Edited by marco

You can find bargains by booking last minute but you may not find just the itinerary, ship and cabin class you're hoping for. If you're flexible there are good prices a but if you have your heart set on a Holland America Panama Canal transit in March (for example), you should book early.