ONE WAY TRANSATLANTIC (E or W) AFFORDABLE OPTIONS?

33 minutes ago, TIBTEE said:

I am in London now. My husband and I flew Norwegian to Gatwick Premium Class.

We enjoyed the flight. The Dreamliner is a nice plane.

Also, that $678  Business Class flight booked by phone wih Air2Sea was last week.

Are you saying you were able to book the Norwegian flight via Air2Sea?

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Are you saying you were able to book the Norwegian flight via Air2Sea?

We booked Norwegian last year for our flight tomorrow. Non stop Lax to Barcelona booked through Air2Sea and picked our seats the same day. Business class was $650.00 pp oneway.

Just booked 10/25/18 -   $1544 PER PERSON FIRST CLASS  ONE WAY via A2S by PHONING THEM UP

ROME to ALT then ALT to  TAMPA  on April 12 (after Jewel 14 n TA East). THEY KNOW IN A2S THE WEBSITE IS HOSED UP (we tried all kinds of things and it is really bad...so please just call them).

It is true there are cheaper flights in coach - that's the baseline, but anyone physically unable to do those seats for this 11 hr 13 minute first flight will find this price is actually  better than cutting in half 1/2 the round trip first class fare on Delta's website (if you make up a fictitious return as if you are going back). 

We did this booking 

Our Flights

Flight Number:
Rome, Italy (FCO) Atlanta, GA (ATL)
DL 65
Departs
04/12/2019 @ 12:20 PM

Arrives
04/12/2019 @ 5:33 PM

Flight Number:
Atlanta, GA (ATL) Tampa, FL (TPA)
DL 1797
Departs
04/12/2019 @ 7:15 PM

Arrives
04/12/2019 @ 8:43 PM

7 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We booked Norwegian last year for our flight tomorrow. Non stop Lax to Barcelona booked through Air2Sea and picked our seats the same day. Business class was $650.00 pp oneway.

Thanks for the info.  I've just never seen Norwegian as a choice for us.  I'm guessing that we would have to get to one of their gateway cities on our own.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for the info.  I've just never seen Norwegian as a choice for us.  I'm guessing that we would have to get to one of their gateway cities on our own.

Orlando directs are Copenhagen, Stockholm, Gatwick, CDG, and Oslo.  

Stockholm in winter and Copenhagen in summer

It is cheap

2 minutes ago, TIBTEE said:

No. I booked Norwegian directly.

I just wanted to let people know we had no problem with Norwegian Airlines.

My Air2Sea flight from Amsterdam is on Delta.

How did Premium compare to say Delta One or similar?

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Orlando directs are Copenhagen, Stockholm, Gatwick, CDG, and Oslo.  

Stockholm in winter and Copenhagen in summer

It is cheap

Thanks, we could very well be flying from Orlando next fall.:classic_smile:

• Haha 1

I've flown Norwegian a lot. Never had a problem Meals are pretty good and as Little Britain says, on time. 

I'm flying home from Orlando to Gatwick after Navigator Ta.

However, the flight from Fll on that day is contracted to Wazzo, whoever they are. I'll drive up to Orlando.

Just be carefull when booking the flight is operated by Norwegian Air

• Thanks 1

We are on the Jewel spring transatlantic. We arrive in Rome April 12th. We are staying a few days and flying home from Venice. We booked our flights a few months ago Lufthansa Venice to Denver for $400 each. With a very short stop in Frankfurt and direct into Denver. Glad we booked when we did. 

On 10/24/2018 at 9:05 PM, bigeck said:

I've flown Norwegian a lot. Never had a problem Meals are pretty good and as Little Britain says, on time. 

I'm flying home from Orlando to Gatwick after Navigator Ta.

However, the flight from Fll on that day is contracted to Wazzo, whoever they are. I'll drive up to Orlando.

Just be carefull when booking the flight is operated by Norwegian Air

I think you must mean Wamos. Norwegian is wet-leasing from them because they have too many aircraft out of service due to the Dreamliner engine issues. I think there are Wamos A330s doing the FLL-LGW route and half the JFK flights. 

Wamos is a Spanish charter airline and, as it happens, associated with Pullmantur. 

On 10/24/2018 at 12:59 PM, Host Clarea said:

Thanks, we could very well be flying from Orlando next fall.:classic_smile:

Just found the first flaw in the great prices. Just got done packing for our flight out tomorrow, did the online checkin and WOW a great big kick in the butt.  20kg, 44 pounds, spent the last few hours making sure we were under the assumed 50 pounds and am now trying to dump 12 pounds into our carryon. They charge $5 per pound of overweight. Time for new light weight luggage. Happy sailings to all and to all a good cruise..

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just found the first flaw in the great prices. Just got done packing for our flight out tomorrow, did the online checkin and WOW a great big kick in the butt.  20kg, 44 pounds, spent the last few hours making sure we were under the assumed 50 pounds and am now trying to dump 12 pounds into our carryon. They charge $5 per pound of overweight. Time for new light weight luggage. Happy sailings to all and to all a good cruise..

You said earlier you had booked “their equivalent of business”, by which I assume you mean Premium. In which case you get 2 x 20kg bags checked free, I believe. Or maybe you are saying you have 2 x 50lb bags? 

And just to manage expectation, Norwegian’s Premium is great, but in no way equivalent to a decent Business class. 

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

This is one more good reason to fly first class, especially for a TA.  We have a lot of luggage, and it's nice not to worry about the weight.  It used to cause more friction than it was worth trying to meet the limits and we have ultra-lightweight luggage.

Besides...your luggage comes off first so you don't need to hang around in baggage claim long.

13 hours ago, kadeycat said:

We are on the Jewel spring transatlantic. We arrive in Rome April 12th. We are staying a few days and flying home from Venice. We booked our flights a few months ago Lufthansa Venice to Denver for $400 each. With a very short stop in Frankfurt and direct into Denver. Glad we booked when we did. 

Air Canada and Lufthansa are now doing one way flights to Europe, Copenhagen Barcelona etc. at good rates from Vancouver.

However they don't seem to be doing them back from Europe.

5 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

You said earlier you had booked “their equivalent of business”, by which I assume you mean Premium. In which case you get 2 x 20kg bags checked free, I believe. Or maybe you are saying you have 2 x 50lb bags? 

And just to manage expectation, Norwegian’s Premium is great, but in no way equivalent to a decent Business class. 

Nope, just a 27 inch and a carryon.  Same with my wife. To late to shop for more luggage, and 2 cases each would be a pain to travel with.  I do realize Norwegians premium is not standard business class, but we do get lounge access at LAX. Leaving for the airport in a hour.

Aer Lingus has very reasonable one-way fares in either direction. As a bonus, when flying westbound you clear US immigration in Ireland before boarding for the US, so your arrival at the US port of entry is treated as though it was a domestic flight.

We flew home on Aer Lingus a few years ago after a QM2 transatlantic and a week in England.

14 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

I think you must mean Wamos. Norwegian is wet-leasing from them because they have too many aircraft out of service due to the Dreamliner engine issues. I think there are Wamos A330s doing the FLL-LGW route and half the JFK flights. 

Wamos is a Spanish charter airline and, as it happens, associated with Pullmantur. 

I did.

The Fll tyo Gatwick is now Wamos. 

If they are a bit of Pullmantur, that will mean Tui and then Royal. That's probably why most of the Navigator Ta cruise is on that flight. I do know a lot have changed and elected to drive to Orlando to gat a Norwegian flight