Suite eats

GranJean

We did a Vista suite to Alaska on Grand Princess in September on D deck.

The first night speciality dining is available for all suites.  We ate in Crown Grill.

We used Crown Grill for breakfast every morning and were served by Sabatinis staff, they alternative which staff serve breakfast every cruise, so the trip after ours would have been served by Crown Grill staff.

The final breakfast is served in the Club Class dining room, rather than Sabatinis.

Giovanni is the Head Waiter in Club Class and cooks a speciality meal every night to give you an alternative option than what's on the menu. 

16 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

interesting, i thought room service would be slammed. nice to know we have 2 solid options that morning. 

On disembarkation day, room service for breakfast is only available to full suite guests, so they are not very busy.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:10 AM, Eagle_and_hawk said:

The last morning, Sabatini’s and CC breakfast will be closed. Since you will be in a suite, you can hang the card out the night before and have a full breakfast delivered. We always do this and are out sitting on the balcony when we arrive back into port. 

Very important and something I'd totally forgotten about .......until your reminder. Thanks!!

i wanted to report a surprise. my 5 niter DID include free dinner 1st nite. thankfully i read my mail on board and called and snagged 830, the last reservation. DELISH meal in the crown and better food and service than in what they call club class dining. 

On 10/25/2018 at 7:23 PM, V_icki_e said:

Don't forget that if your cruise is 6 days or longer, that you receive a complimentary dinner in one of the speciality restaurants (including UBD) on the night of embarkation.  We have chosen UBD as we sail past the Sydney Opera House 🙂

I had no idea that UBD is an included option in the comp speciality restaurant dinner perk. How very cool. We will definitely do this. Thanks for the education!

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

I had no idea that UBD is an included option in the comp speciality restaurant dinner perk. How very cool. We will definitely do this. Thanks for the education!

ill have to look at my letter at home but i didnt know that was either. i could have saved my 100 bucks. sigh

also didnt know u could do UBD 1st nite. how do you set that up so quick. we called one day in advance for the setup. 

i'm just glad i did get the free crown dinner as everyone on this forum said on 5 niters you dont get it. once i sort my pics and upload things ill even post pdf of my letter if i remember

On 10/25/2018 at 4:10 AM, Eagle_and_hawk said:

The last morning, Sabatini’s and CC breakfast will be closed. Since you will be in a suite, you can hang the card out the night before and have a full breakfast delivered. We always do this and are out sitting on the balcony when we arrive back into port. 

We were just on the Ruby Princess in October in a Club Class Mini-suite.  the Club Class portion of the dining room was open for breakfast on embarkation day, we planned a late departure at 0900 so had time for a good breakfast before hand and a final thank to our MDR CC wait staff.  They were great.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:22 PM, GranJean said:

We will be sailing on the Grand Princess again next year but this time in a Vista Suite (sweet).  It will be our first cruise in a suite.  Our understanding is that if we so desire, our meals in the Main Dining Room will be in the Club Class section.  So do we still specify a seating time on the traditional dining reservation or simply select anytime dining and go to the Club Class entry whenever we wish?  

Thanx,

Just go to club class. No reason to go anywhere else. The entry is on fiesta deck. 

On 10/24/2018 at 6:12 PM, geoherb said:

If you prefer to eat in traditional, you still can. We had a mother-daughter pair at our table even though they were in a suite. They did not realize about Club Class dining until a few days into the cruise, but by then, they enjoyed dining with us and the other couple at our table and decided to stay. They still had Sabatini's for breakfast and Club Class for lunch the few days we were in port.

I doubt they were in CC for lunch on port days since it's not open.  It has the same hours (more or less) and days as the dining rooms.  I'm surprised no one caught this.

since this is entitled suite eats i have  a question

i read the literature in the manual when you get in the room and it says there's a special menu for room service for suites

i couldnt find that anywhere. is there really more on room service menu for suites (other than ordering from MDR)

19 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i read the literature in the manual when you get in the room and it says there's a special menu for room service for suites

i couldnt find that anywhere. is there really more on room service menu for suites (other than ordering from MDR)

It is the dinner menu from the MDR - you can order anything from that nights menu and have it delivered.  You can ask your steward for menus if they are not in the suite

It depends on how you take it.  The standard cabin room service menu is very limited, a simple breakfast, sandwiches, a couple hot items, and pizza (at an additional price).  Suite passengers can order anything off the MDR’s daily menu.  They can also get free afternoon tea service in the room, and/or afternoon canopy’s.  

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

It's the ability to order from the MDR.  I've never seen a special menu, although maybe there's more on the breakfast hang menu.

5 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

Dining room menus is all I have seen. 

i received every nite a bfast menu which i never quite figured out what it was for, probably the MDR? but why would they deliver the bfast menu but not the dinner automatically. no biggie just curious. it was a elongated card with standard fare on the left then i think the right side changed daily but i didnt pay too much attention. i'm not a bfast person

never used the door hanger menu.