Too Bright !!

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

... and no one else is bothered by how bright white the site is now ????

Not here. I have in the past complained about other IBBs on which the white was so bright that it was dazzling. The colour currently used by CC is tame by comparison to those.

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:18 AM, Ashland said:

Any chance the brightness (white) of the site is going to be toned down a bit 👓 

To too bright on my laptop and especially compared to the revision before this one. What device are you using? 

I don't think I should have to adjust my desktop just to read CC. Surprised that there aren't more people having this bright white problem and CC won't respond and hasn't done anything to tone it down a bit.

I do appreciate those of you that have responded...finally...had to post this concern again...it seemed to be ignored on my first post and sorry I couldn't find any post's asking the same.

Edited by Ashland

21 hours ago, retiredgram said:

I have seen this question about the brightness or whiteness and figured it was going to be taken care of.  I agree with you, it is hard on the eyes and wish they would use a softer colored background.

Thank you so much for agreeing with me.....seems like not many are....and nothing seems to be being done about it.

CC won't even respond to this question/concern at all...very disappointing.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Thank you so much for agreeing with me.....seems like not many are....and nothing seems to be being done about it.

CC won't even respond to this question/concern at all...very disappointing.

I believe the whiteness was even more extreme at the beginning of the changeover.  It seemed to softened a bit since then.  Also, I'm seeing very faint blue sections alternating with white on the main pages.

They have definitely been tweaking the background colors.  The same thing happened with the last upgrade. 

Currently, the banner at the top is white.  The box you type replies in is white.  Even those "whites" are grayish.  Most everything else is some shade of blue-gray, too.