Increase in price of Classic and Standard Beverage Packages Nov. 1st

chamima

1 hour ago, jmmcruiser said:

We cruise 02/02/19 with Classic beverage package included.  I've been watching the price which had been $16.20 as I recall, looking for a sale.  Today price says $11.80, so $10 plus 18% tips.  No "sale" price listed.  Wonder if it is time to book or wait for a sale?   They recently raised the premium price will they bump it up again?

I would upgrade at the $11:80, that was the price to upgrade before they raised the price of the premium package earlier this year.  If, by chance, tge have a sale on the cost to upgrade you can always cancel the upgrade and rebook at the lower price.

Edited by jelayne

I have the Classic package and previously bought the upgrade during the “sale”.  I’ve been on the phone for 38 minutes trying to get this repriced.  I was a second grade teacher for 28 years so I’m used to explaining math.  I went over it about 10 times. Really, at least that many.  She claimed that when she put it in, it kept coming up to $100 something for a 7 day cruise. Then I’d start over again, step by step.  Finally I asked her if she’d ever been on a Celebrity ship... no, she has never cruised.  I was trying to explain in another way as to how you’d do it on the ship and why.  She finally asked me if I was a teacher.  She said I explained it so she finally got it, but still couldn’t get me that price.  I’ll do it on the ship. 🤪🤪🤪.  At least I got my OBC back! Really unbelievable! 

Edited by jeno

We also upgraded during the "sale" for our upcoming Edge sailing - 7 nights.  Cost shown below.  Will we save if we cancel and rebook?  BTW- Used OBC to upgrade. 

Upgrade Classic Alcohol Promo to Premium Alcohol:

92.51 USD pp

Onboard Credit Applied

Total Packages Purchased: 2
Total Cost *: 185.02 USD

5 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

I didn’t see this post and upgraded last week . Can I cancel the upgrade and then rebook at the cheaper price ?

Yes. Call to do it. They'll refund and if you used OBC they'll credit it right back.

I did manage to get my OBC refunded, it’s just that she said the only price she could rebook me at was the $14 plus 18% times 7 days.  This was even after reading me the prices of $59 per day for Classic and $69 per day for Premium.  She just couldn’t understand why $14 per day plus gratuity was wrong.  

2 hours ago, jeno said:

I did manage to get my OBC refunded, it’s just that she said the only price she could rebook me at was the $14 plus 18% times 7 days.  This was even after reading me the prices of $59 per day for Classic and $69 per day for Premium.  She just couldn’t understand why $14 per day plus gratuity was wrong.  

My Cruise Planner is still showing the $55 and $69 pricing.  Originally, when I tried to upgrade during the sale, it wasn't an online option, but they took care of it over the phone quickly and easily.

Has anyone confirmed that they were able to get the $10 upgrade for a cruise that's still showing the old pricing?  I'd hate to cancel it and then not get it onboard when I'll only be saving about $30 for the week.

20 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

I called Captains Club Saturday afternoon and cancelled the upgrade and re-purchased it. Only took about 5 minutes. No problem whatsoever. The agent said she knew all about the change. 

You were able to get the $10 per day ($11.80) price? 

47 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Yes. I got the $10.00 + 18% for a total of $11.80 per person per day. It was only a savings of about $20.00 since I upgraded during the sale a few weeks ago. 

Not to be redundant, but just to clarify, my cruise is in less than 3 weeks.  Is yours that close to sailing?  Or is it after Jan 1st?

I'll probably call today, just to check, but I have seen others have the same issue that the old pricing still applies and they weren't able to upgrade for $10 + 18% pp pd.

1 hour ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Not to be redundant, but just to clarify, my cruise is in less than 3 weeks.  Is yours that close to sailing?  Or is it after Jan 1st?

I'll probably call today, just to check, but I have seen others have the same issue that the old pricing still applies and they weren't able to upgrade for $10 + 18% pp pd.

Great! Now I really did myself in. 

13 minutes ago, jeno said:

Great! Now I really did myself in. 

Well, I'd take the email with the new costs in it onboard with you and see if you can still finagle that pricing.  It isn't fair AT ALL if they don't let you. 

I'll call and report back to see what they say to me.

Our cruise is in February. I’d suggest you look at your Cruise Planner and check the price of the Classic and Premium. If they are $59 and $69 you should be able to upgrade for $10 + $1.80. It was my understanding that the Classic was increasing on Nov 1st. I’d also agree it’s pretty lousy if X won’t let you upgrade for the $11.80. It is always worth a 2nd or 3rd call to Captains Club. Different agents sometimes have different answers. 

2 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Our cruise is in February. I’d suggest you look at your Cruise Planner and check the price of the Classic and Premium. If they are $59 and $69 you should be able to upgrade for $10 + $1.80. It was my understanding that the Classic was increasing on Nov 1st. I’d also agree it’s pretty lousy if X won’t let you upgrade for the $11.80. It is always worth a 2nd or 3rd call to Captains Club. Different agents sometimes have different answers. 

The prices are still $55 and $69 for my 11/24/2018 cruise.  The prices did increase for the Nov-2019 and Feb-2020 cruises, though.  I suspect I won't get the $11.80 upgrade, but at least I got it for $13.22 and not $16.52!

Sorry to hear they won’t do the $11.80 upgrade. We had the same deal as you since we upgraded during the 20% off flash sale. It was only a little under $20.00 in savings since it’s a 7 night on Edge but with HIGH prices on Specialty Restaurants every little bit helps. 

ChicagoPaul is doing a thread on his cruise that departed today.  The Classic package is shown at $55 a day, so obviously you cannot upgrade to the premium for $10 a day until the Classic Package price is adjusted.  It is confusing since the Celebrity website reflects a $59 a day price for the Classic Package.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:39 AM, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Well, I'd take the email with the new costs in it onboard with you and see if you can still finagle that pricing.  It isn't fair AT ALL if they don't let you. 

I'll call and report back to see what they say to me.

I never actually got the email.  I got the info from CC.  I called Captains Club and explained the whole thing.  She added the Premium package at the price she was showing for a 7 days cruise. ($115?) and agreed it should be $82.40 or whatever and got the Ok to refund the difference between what she had to charge and what it should be in OBC.  We paid in OBC and got refunded in OBC so worked out perfectly! 

19 minutes ago, jeno said:

I never actually got the email.  I got the info from CC.  I called Captains Club and explained the whole thing.  She added the Premium package at the price she was showing for a 7 days cruise. ($115?) and agreed it should be $82.40 or whatever and got the Ok to refund the difference between what she had to charge and what it should be in OBC.  We paid in OBC and got refunded in OBC so worked out perfectly! 

Yay!

I'm glad that they treated you right.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:20 AM, Just the two of us said:

I called the Captains Club this morning and I was told the new prices only apply to

cruises after Jan 1st.  I am cruising in two weeks so I have to pay the old price.

Has anyone been given this explanation?

Yes I was given the same explanation from Captain's club.  This seems so wrong to me.  However, since we are only on a 5 day sailing, I don't want to waste time onboard trying to save $40 of OBC! 

27 minutes ago, DebNJoe said:

Yes I was given the same explanation from Captain's club.  This seems so wrong to me.  However, since we are only on a 5 day sailing, I don't want to waste time onboard trying to save $40 of OBC! 

Ditto DebNJoe! Not worth the drama for a small savings to us either. We're way too focused on being ridiculously excited for our upcoming cruise.

Funny (😏 not 🤣) though, while on our December sailing the bev pkg prices have not changed - the dining package prices have (i.e. Celebrity doesn't want to reimburse anyone for price changes but they WILL happily take more of pax $...! 🤑

Read another post (maybe Chicago Paul?) who said there were 2300 pax w/ beverage package on that sailing - a record high. X certainly won't want to reimburse all those pax who upgrade at a higher cost, especially if there are a ton of upgrades on this sailing

Just to let folks know that I confirmed last night with Celebrity, the change in price only applies to cruises after January 1st.  And that means that the cost to upgrade would be the full $14 + 18% pp pd.  Luckily I upgraded during the sale so I got the best deal I could for our sailing in a little over two weeks.

Hopefully, Black Friday will offer a better deal and everyone who cruises after that can get that deal.